Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Help for what, you ninny? I am already further into Shitmaker than 90% of people who played it, according to game stats. I don't need help to play it, I am just pointing out retarded design decisions, which you would realize if you weren't such a blind fanboy.

What’s retarded about it? You have yet to present any evidence you have any idea what decisions were even made. No specifics = not serious.

It’s retarded to have a boss who can disable some of your toons? What ability did he use? What was the DC? Did any of your toons have immunity to it? Were you able to interrupt it? What are Irovetti’s weaknesses? Did you have the tools to attack them?

What was the actual AC on the Naga (it wasn’t 60 on normal)? Touch AC? How much of that was self buff? We’re you able to Dispel those? Did you even try?

I’m neither blind, nor a fan, nor a boy. It’s a lot more work constructing a fantasy world that has no correspondence to reality than it is to just figure out a battle that the rest of the competent players here are trying to tell you isn’t that complicated.

Last edited:

Trashos

Arcane
Help for what, you ninny? I am already further into Shitmaker than 90% of people who played it, according to game stats. I don't need help to play it, I am just pointing out retarded design decisions, which you would realize if you weren't such a blind fanboy.

Basically, reading your posts it sounds like you do not like the fact that for several fights you have to witness them first before you can beat them. This is clearly by design though. If you do not like this design (which, afaic, is awesome), you can turn difficulty down and you will just steamroll everything.

BG2 had the same design philosophy, btw. A lot of BG2 fights are very hard to beat before you actually know what is going to hit you. The tricks sometimes differ, but the philosophy is the same.

I already presented a ton of evidence in my previous posts, which you can pretend to ignore, but it's still a thing.

Having your party be magically teleported into the worst spot when phase 2 starts (snake dildo appears) ruins any kind of positioning or spacial tactics.

Yes, snake dildo does have 60AC on Challenging.

No, casting Great magic dispell on her didn't work the several times I tried. Moreover, even casting it is hard as fuck because Irovetti's stun aura disables your entire backline, not for a round or two as in other games, but for fucking minutes at a time, you fucking munchkin you. Oh, and of course your backline doesnt live long anyway, does it, because after point 1 and point 2 above, they also get sprayed by bombs from the stealthed fuckers on the balcony, just as a nice fuck you from the devs.

How about them apples now? The point is not that this is undefeatable, I got through all of it as I already told you, the point is only retards would design shit like this. And no BG was nothing like this. It might have had a couple of optional fights with this kind of bs, but most fights were a lot more elegant and tactical.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Basically, reading your posts it sounds like you do not like the fact that for several fights you have to witness them first before you can beat them. This is clearly by design though. If you do not like this design (which, afaic, is awesome), you can turn difficulty down and you will just steamroll everything.

BG2 had the same design philosophy, btw. A lot of BG2 fights are very hard to beat before you actually know what is going to hit you. The tricks sometimes differ, but the philosophy is the same.
Bg2 was "worse" in this design. Some enemies you could not win by good buffs and good luck, they only had hard counters.

If Porky has problems with PKM boss battles, it just means he is crap at playing these games.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I already presented a ton of evidence in my previous posts, which you can pretend to ignore, but it's still a thing.

Having your party be magically teleported into the worst spot when phase 2 starts (snake dildo appears) ruins any kind of positioning or spacial tactics.

No, casting Great magic dispell on her didn't work the several times I tried. Moreover, even casting it is hard as fuck because Irovetti's stun aura disables your entire backline, not for a round or two as in other games, but for fucking minutes at a time, you fucking munchkin you. Oh, and of course your backline doesnt live long anyway, does it, because after point 1 and point 2 above, they also get sprayed by bombs from the stealthed fuckers on the balcony, just as a nice fuck you from the devs.

How about them apples now? The point is not that this is undefeatable, I got through all of it as I already told you, the point is only retards would design shit like this. And no BG was nothing like this. It might have had a couple of optional fights with this kind of bs, but most fights were a lot more elegant and tactical.
You are just bad. I found that battle way too easy. Actually after Tartuk and Harulka all boss battles are too easy.. at least until the Lantern King.

If you are this bad to build a good party and have useful buffs on then just "cheat" with mass animate dead spam. That works vs anyone that does not have Greater Cleave.

I think you are bad. Google any Shitmaker boss fight, and you will see everyone normal having all sorts of issues with them. Just because you are a hopeless munchkin, doesnt mean that we should excuse bad game design.

What does it tell you that I, who hate Shitmaker, have made it farther in than most people? I think something like 15% of Shitmaker players make it to the last 2-3 chapters. This is people who play tactical RPGs, not some Skyrim/Ubisoft players, mind you. But keep them fanboy munchkin goggles on. You do you, gf.

Desiderius

Patron

You have yet to mention a single skill, ability, or statistic other than your imaginary 60 AC on challenging. What is the Naga’s caster level? Linzi should have an effective Dispel level of 22 by this point using the gloves you found earlier on this level. I don’t believe that this failed multiple times either.

Here’s what did happen: the min-max munchkin is you and it's biting you in the ass and you deserve it. This is a game where non-combat elements like exploring and Perception (can tell you’ve neglected those or you would have found the assassins before the final fight) and Knowledge (which would have given you all the specific information you need to handily win the fight but is conspicuously missing from all your descriptions) are all actually crucial to your success. That’s inspired game design.

Only a retard like you would think it retarded.

I think you are bad. Google any Shitmaker boss fight, and you will see everyone normal having all sorts of issues with them. Just because you are a hopeless munchkin, doesnt mean that we should excuse bad game design.

What does it tell you that I, who hate Shitmaker, have made it farther in than most people? I think something like 15% of Shitmaker players make it to the last 2-3 chapters. This is people who play tactical RPGs, not some Skyrim/Ubisoft players, mind you. But keep them fanboy munchkin goggles on. You do you, gf.

It tells you a lot of people drop out early since the first two levels are the hardest in the game and most of the people who care enough to make it through the hard part love the game so much they can’t stop restarting to try new builds/parties.

Since ch 6 is so easy this normally happens some time before the Irovetti fight. It did for me. I’ve only gotten that far twice, and the first time I was just story fast-forwarding to get through the game since people were saying it was bugged anyway back then.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane

I am bad because I am better at playing then these normals ? What?!
:deathclaw:

Desiderius

Patron

This is not really true with careful play. The game is designed to be replayed to employ all the knowledge gained on previous playthroughs, but if you’re careful to keep your Perception and Knowledge (Arcane) up you can get a lot of info to help you make it on your first pass.

Desiderius

Patron
vanilla fighter with weapon training/advanced weapon/armor training may now be the best fighter type of all four,maybe dex aldori defender is a bit of more tanky.

They all have their strengths and weaknesses, but for pure it’s hard to beat the base. AD 8 and TSS 9 are solid for half-Fighter combined with something else. THF 3 maybe for splash?

Desiderius

Patron
I had to dial down the criticals a bit as I can't deal with 30+ damaging criticals at 2nd level. Bastard bandits. Otherwise, Hard is a more enjoyable challenge for the turn-based mode.

Just start on challenging and go up one lvl per chapter. Or Unfair with normal damage.

Desiderius

Patron

:deathclaw:

If Jazon tried to play Kingmaker he’d be Porky.

You have yet to mention a single skill, ability, or statistic other than your imaginary 60 AC on challenging.

Your version of putting your index fingers into your ears and going La-La-La-La, I can't hear you.

What is the Naga’s caster level? Linzi should have an effective Dispel level of 22 by this point using the gloves you found earlier on this level.

Oh, so you are saying in order to win, I need use a specific piece of equipment? That's what's commonly called munchkinism.

This is a game where non-combat elements like exploring and Perception (can tell you’ve neglected those or you would have found the assassins before the final fight) and Knowledge (which would have given you all the specific information you need to handily win the fight but is conspicuously missing from all your descriptions) are all actually crucial to your success. That’s inspired game design.

Say wut? I should have found stealthed assassins hiding on a balcony behind the boss? The boss that initiates the fight when you approach? Wut? You sneak around before every boss fight and explore the room behind him (assuming he won't spot you anyway, given Shitmaker's general design philosophy)? Do you even hear how retarded you sound?

It tells you a lot of people drop out early since the first two levels are the hardest in the game ...

Lol, whaaaattt??? Fighting bandits, mites and kobolds is harder than the last two chapters? Or are you referring to the swarms? That wasn't hard, just stupid, and somehow, I don't think that discoured 85% of players from continuing. Next...

You are bad because you are comparing your munchkin no-life approach to how normal people play. Good tactics should be logical, straightforward and elegant, as in Baldur's Gate, or Jagged Alliance. In Shitmaker, there are no actual tactics, theres just devs railing you in the ass with terrible design decisions, and then you using knowledge from being fucked in the ass before to lube yourself up for further assrape in re-runs. Like the retard above said, "The game is designed to be replayed to employ all the knowledge gained on previous playthroughs" and if that's not retarded game design, then I don't know what to tell ya, bud.

Go back to shoutbox, you're shitting up our thread, you twat.

You seem upset.

Desiderius

Patron
Your version of putting your index fingers into your ears and going La-La-La-La, I can't hear you.

Oh, so you are saying in order to win, I need use a specific piece of equipment? That's what's commonly called munchkinism.

Say wut? I should have found stealthed assassins hiding on a balcony behind the boss? The boss that initiates the fight when you approach? Wut? You sneak around before every boss fight and explore the room behind him (assuming he won't spot you anyway, given Shitmaker's general design philosophy)? Do you even hear how retarded you sound?

How can I ignore something you’ve never said? You’ve never answered my specific questions regarding this mysterious super-stun that would let us figure out whether you were right about it’s cheesiness. Again, it it enough to say a boss is stunning you for that to count as retarded design? Should bosses not be able to do that?

There’s a couple secret doors elsewhere on the level that let you surprise the assassins from behind unless you’re too lazy to explore or too much of a munchkin to have any Perception.

The gloves give you an extra ~20% to Dispel so like everything else they aren’t necessary but they do help your chances. You find them near a major fight so I suppose you could just not wear them, although they do also give you a big boost to the knowledge skills you’re also obviously neglecting.

Since you’re too lazy to read your combat log it shouldn’t be surprising that you’re too lazy to read item or mob descriptions either.

Note: the same Freedom of Movement that gives you immunity to Irovetti’s mystery stun also lets you ignore Seamantle.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
I don't think that discoured 85% of players from continuing.
Can't speak for others, but what killed Kingmaker for me was long and everpresent loading times, tbh. At one point I was spending more time per average staring at a loading screen than playing the game.

Thats been improved greatly. I think if you keep the number of saves down (like thirty some instead of three hundred some) that also helps. You can also use the Cleaner mod.

Trashos

Arcane
"The game is designed to be replayed to employ all the knowledge gained on previous playthroughs" and if that's not retarded game design, then I don't know what to tell ya, bud.

Some games are meant to be mastered. That's a big part of the satisfaction they offer. Honestly, that is great game design, rare by now, because it scares away casuals. Pillars of Eternity should probably be more to your liking. It goes to great lengths to avoid the need of any metaknowledge and mastery.

Efe

Erudite
porky isnt asking for help.
he just wants to vent his frustrations.
so stop feeding the monkey.
and read my porky level haiku.

Desiderius

Patron
"The game is designed to be replayed to employ all the knowledge gained on previous playthroughs" and if that's not retarded game design, then I don't know what to tell ya, bud.

Some games are meant to be mastered. That's a big part of the satisfaction they offer. Honestly, that is great game design, rare by now, because it scares away casuals. Pillars of Eternity should probably be more to your liking. It goes to great lengths to avoid the need of any metaknowledge and mastery.

As a sometime casual, I can say it doesn’t scare me at all. Great games like this convert me from one to the other.

It only scares away retards like Porky (tho evidently not too far away since he’s still playing) and PnPers whose status is threatened by the abundance of different ways one can master it.

Trashos

Arcane
We will see, maybe Efe is right and Porky is just venting.

Bets are on. If PorkyThePaladin does finish the game, I promise that I will add a line to my signature that says "<Game of Porky's choosing> is the greatest game of all time!" for 3 days. Venting, as well as getting any kind of help here or elsewhere, is totally allowed.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Porky's been shitting on Kingmaker for a while now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom