Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Porky's been shitting on Kingmaker for a while now.

He’s aims for P:K but hits himself. There are some legit problems with P:K but everything he bitches about just reveals his own shortcomings.

It’s like hating Asteroids because the graphics are overdone or PST because the dialog is too concise.

How can I ignore something you’ve never said? You’ve never answered my specific questions regarding this mysterious super-stun that would let us figure out whether you were right about it’s cheesiness. Again, it it enough to say a boss is stunning you for that to count as retarded design? Should bosses not be able to do that?

I don't remember its name, I am not memorizing this shit, it's the bard aura Linzi also gets around level 16, though of course in her case, it will never work against irovetti and the snake dildo, on account of their godlike saves.

The retarded part is not the stun, it's how it works and how it fits into the overall fight. It's not a targetted spell, it's a fucking aura that effects everyone in my party instantaneously since its radius is huge. So that means my frontline, which I've been careful to buff up and outfit in shit and feats that gives them high saving throws is entirely bypassed, and my backline is cc-ed out of the fight for fucking forever. Like who the fuck increases the saving throws on their backline, they are the fucking backline, they are not supposed to be under fire. Except in Shitmaker of course. And because unlike in normal games, where cc lasts for a round or two, here it lasts for minutes or for the entire fight, that's it, time to reload. Also, if it was just the stun OK, but the way it's combined with the second phase with the snake dildo and her fucking massive AC, and the stealthed fuckers on the balcony is just insulting.

There’s a couple secret doors elsewhere on the level that let you surprise the assassins from behind unless you’re too lazy to explore or too much of a munchkin to have any Perception.

I already dealt with those way before the fight, you village idiot. I was referring to the stealthed fuckers on the balcony next to Irovetti.

Desiderius

Patron
How can I ignore something you’ve never said? You’ve never answered my specific questions regarding this mysterious super-stun that would let us figure out whether you were right about it’s cheesiness. Again, it it enough to say a boss is stunning you for that to count as retarded design? Should bosses not be able to do that?

I don't remember its name, I am not memorizing this shit, it's the bard aura Linzi also gets around level 16, though of course in her case, it will never work against irovetti and the snake dildo, on account of their godlike saves.

The retarded part is not the stun, it's how it works and how it fits into the overall fight. It's not a targetted spell, it's a fucking aura that effects everyone in my party instantaneously since its radius is huge. So that means my frontline, which I've been careful to buff up and outfit in shit and feats that gives them high saving throws is entirely bypassed, and my backline is cc-ed out of the fight for fucking forever. Like who the fuck increases the saving throws on their backline, they are the fucking backline, they are not supposed to be under fire. Except in Shitmaker of course. And because unlike in normal games, where cc lasts for a round or two, here it lasts for minutes or for the entire fight, that's it, time to reload. Also, if it was just the stun OK, but the way it's combined with the second phase with the snake dildo and her fucking massive AC, and the stealthed fuckers on the balcony is just insulting.

There’s a couple secret doors elsewhere on the level that let you surprise the assassins from behind unless you’re too lazy to explore or too much of a munchkin to have any Perception.

I already dealt with those way before the fight, you village idiot. I was referring to the stealthed fuckers on the balcony next to Irovetti.

Ok, you’re finally starting to make some sense. You can clear out the balconies as well before the fight - it’s a lot like the Stag Lord fight in that there are several things that can be done ahead of time to make the fight easier. It’s of course possible to stumble into triggering the big final sequence before you get a chance to do that.

There is no mass Stun song for regular Bards unless you’re talking about Fascinate, which she gets at lvl 6. I remember him doing something that seemed potentially dangerous that took out (stunned) two toons, but then Okbo tripped him? Fight was over before I knew it.

Maybe I’ll reload and take a closer look. Freedom of Movement has a long duration so prudent to keep it up on a couple key toons for big fights just in case. Can also get it from some items.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
The retarded part is not the stun, it's how it works and how it fits into the overall fight. It's not a targetted spell, it's a fucking aura that effects everyone in my party instantaneously since its radius is huge.

If your party is already level 16, priests should have Holy/Law Aura spell on level 8. Gives blanket immunity to mind affecting CC.

Desiderius

Patron
The retarded part is not the stun, it's how it works and how it fits into the overall fight. It's not a targetted spell, it's a fucking aura that effects everyone in my party instantaneously since its radius is huge.

If your party is already level 16, priests should have Holy/Law Aura spell on level 8. Gives blanket immunity to mind affecting CC.

Most Stuns are Sonic (Fortitude) not mind affecting. Is Irovetti a Thundercaller?

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Most Stuns are Sonic (Fortitude) not mind affecting. Is Irovetti a Thundercaller?
Nope, he opens the fight with Overwhelming Presence, and maybe, uses Fascinate as his song. Cleric's Auras neuter this shit. And many other shits in later chapters.
Like Forefather with his Confusion Aura/Gaze.

Desiderius

Patron
Nope, he opens the fight with Overwhelming Presence, and maybe, uses Fascinate as his song. Cleric's Auras neuter this shit. And many other shits in later chapters.
Like Forefather with his Confusion Aura/Gaze.

I got a little Burbled at the portal to Hate House (Khanda mind-affecting bonus didn’t trigger and guess I forgot to cast Holy Aura?). I’ll test Reg’s Cloak and Aura there in a day or too.

And Prescence is Fear. Million ways to get Fear immunity (Heroic Invocation from Petal has it as an afterthought). No wonder I don’t remember worrying much about it.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Yeah, Burble can reach pretty high DCs on Unfair.

31, maybe 33? Shouldn’t be too hard. Forgot to put Knight Bracers on Val and Okbo was too far away to trigger Shake it Off. Amiri has Spawn Cloak so was Immune. Might just replace Ekun with Reg since he has Resist Nature’s Lure plus his Cloak. Somewhat less damage but more inherent immunities.

Desiderius

Patron
Okbo was too far away to trigger Shake it Off

What is the practical distance for teamwork feats to activate? It says "adjacent", but hopefully it does not really mean it.

I’ve got a screenshot of Monster Tactician Harrim getting it from his summons at least 30 ft. away. That’s my guess. Certainly not unlimited.

The only priest I have in my party is Harrim, who is chaotic neutral, so I am guessing he doesn't have access to holy/law spells/auras. Never seen that one.

Trashos

Arcane
I just revisited the Swamp Witch's Hut. I had made a big deal out of it during my 1st playthrough, but naturally I had not noticed many details, overwhelmed as I was.

This time I kept reloading and successively tried to point the finger to anyone involved. The Witch is not having any of it, she considers all of them innocent (to a significant extend, at least). The actors are all innocent and the place went to hell. Greek Tragedy.

Yet, there are also Tiressia and Falchos, trying to build their love next to all that wreckage. I think they are there to signify *hope* and not irony, as I had originally assumed. It still looks ironic to me (kinda like the NCR in Fallout, trying to rebuild the exact same civilization that led everything to hell). But I would not argue that this is the developer's intention.

Beautiful little tragic place, at any rate. 10/10

skaraher

Cipher
Well there is an answer which is not immediately obvious before you do the research curse on the villlage, and the Witch hints at it:

The curse came from an outside character, who taught the villagers the magic needed to curse each others

Efe

Erudite
they are posting new shit on instagram and asking which part of map to reveal

Trashos

Arcane
Well there is an answer which is not immediately obvious before you do the research curse on the villlage, and the Witch hints at it:

The curse came from an outside character, who taught the villagers the magic needed to curse each others

Yes, I noticed that. We are doing our thing, we are even doing our best, and still sometimes we are just the playthings of some angered/bored God. Beautiful.

Yet, this does not mean that we cannot point the finger towards someone on stage. Indeed, the game allows us to do just that. Even if the Witch is very understanding (kinda unevenly) towards the villagers, that is just, like, her opinion, man. The devil is nothing without the proper subjects to carry out his will. And I think that, on some general level, the game acknowledges this.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Beautiful little tragic place, at any rate. 10/10
It really is interesting even further on who you try to save.

If you choose to save the spectre, the zombie takes himself out in the end, and I think that's the best outcome... because everyone moves on, but any other choice is interesting too - it's one of the better written areas of the game, for sure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom