Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Citizen

Heroes of Pathfinder would be a wise move, so they can "polish" their kingdom management mechanics and UI for kinkmaker 2 while reflecting on the obvious superiority of a TB game.

Kingcomrader kingdom management had zero in common with HoMM games tho, but some sort of strategy+cyoa hybrid may work (like Thea but in Pozfingerer Kinkmacher universe)

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Heroes of Pathfinder would be a wise move, so they can "polish" their kingdom management mechanics and UI for kinkmaker 2 while reflecting on the obvious superiority of a TB game.

These people already made HoMM 5 with best, turn-less, initiative system in the series and probably among all TB I have played. They could give a lessons to "experts" of TB-RPG-making.

And don't you dare to tempt me with a dream of getting HoMM 5 "spiritual successor" after everything that Ubisoft did to a Heroes.

Citizen

These people already made HoMM 5 with best, turn-less, initiative system in the series and probably among all TB I have played. They could give a lessons to "experts" of TB-RPG-making.

And don't you dare to tempt me with a dream of getting HoMM 5 "spiritual successor" after everything that Ubisoft did to a Heroes.

HoMM5 initiative system was cool because your units' turns were not tied to rounds, so higher INI critters would act more frequently than the lower INI ones which was pretty interesting. But IMHO it kinda ruined the flow of the battles that was present in HoMM3 where INI just affected the turn order. I have mixed feelings about it, interesting idea, but it's more suited for an RPG than a strategy game

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I say it's HoMM. The puzzle map looks exactly like the way to find the grail in older HOMM games, 2 or 3. Maybe both.

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Darth Canoli

Arcane

Well, i don't know exactly who was in charge of what back when their were part of the HoMM V dev team but i know what i see, decline to a RTwP system and terrible kingdom management system and UI.

From where i sit, all the teenage interns from Nival left to make their game and produced this mess, there is room for improvement.

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Well, i don't know exactly who was in charge of what back when their were part of the HoMM V dev team but i know what i see, decline to a RTwP system and terrible kingdom management system and UI.

At least after HoMM 5 and Etherlords, that I discovered only recently, I'd say Owlcats are competent enough to make some cool and fun TB, not some "deep and tactical" snorefest cloned from nu-XCOM that, as it fashionable to claim last couple of years, is "soooo superior" to RTwP.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I doubt that it will be heroes,but it could be might and magic. The guys are more in to RPGs than turn based strategy games. Also i don't see a market for heroes game.

Dodo1610

Arcane
I doubt that it will be heroes,but it could be might and magic. The guys are more in to RPGs than turn based strategy games. Also i don't see a market for heroes game.

Well, even Ubisoft's last Heroes of Might and Magic weren't successfull, so I think you can say that the market for RTWP CRPGs is still bigger than that of HOMM clones. Anyway, making anything except another Pathfinder game doesn't make much sense unless this is just some side project made by only 5 devs.

mindfields

Learned
God I hope they don't go for original IP. Pathfinder was a great CRPG but it was literally standing on the shoulders of giants, I don't think they have the creative talent for an original IP, it will just end up like another weird Russian game.

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Honestly, with working and mostly debugged engine and Pathfinder license I do not see them doing anything else but adapting another AP. Maybe with some creative approach to adapting.

IMHO, Biggest change that I think is possible and could make many people happy - adding TB/RTwP switch alike to mod.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I say it's HoMM. The puzzle map looks exactly like the way to find the grail in older HOMM games, 2 or 3. Maybe both.

:bounce::bounce::bounce:
Yes, but the puzzle will only reveal the location of their answer. We will have to wait for a bro with c4 and an excavator to settle the mystery of the grail.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Honestly, with working and mostly debugged engine and Pathfinder license I do not see them doing anything else but adapting another AP. Maybe with some creative approach to adapting.

IMHO, Biggest change that I think is possible and could make many people happy - adding TB/RTwP switch alike to mod.
If they do their own version of TB I hope it lets use chose moving path, current TB mod has retarded pathing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom