Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - action adventure from Respawn Entertainment

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
. I also never used "Speed" which "slows down time" si
Nah, you use speed, so will your opponent.

Zibniyat

Arcane
IIRC, the opponents "lagged" a moment or two in activating their "Speed", enough for a surprise attack. I could be wrong...

Maybe I am mixing it up with Jedi Outcast, where two of the hardest bosses (Tavion, Desann) become laughably easy to defeat upon activating "Speed". I know since I relied on it to defeat them a couple of times, especially Desann who on the hardest difficulty can literally spam "Lightning" endlessly until the player character drops dead. :/

Last edited:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
They will probably release more story content, couple or planets with more focus on puzzles and probably a combat arena.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS STARWARS BATTLEGROUNDS 2 IS ONE OF THE MOST FUNNEST STARWARS GAMEA

FUCKING BIG ASS MODDING COMMUNITY WITH ORIGINAL FACTIONS AND CAMPANES AND SHIT

Citizen

Force Unleashed >>>>>> this lame nutombraider reskin.

I liked it for action and shiet. Disliked it for annoying QTE and ultimate edgelord theme, tho
Basically coldsteel the hedgehog: starwars edition
e2e.jpg

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Just finished it. Its a good star wars game but an average action adventure game. The traversal mechanics never felt solid, and the story and set pieces were very toned down. Between this and uncharted, horizon, spider man, all of them are vastly superior.

Drakron

Arcane
Yay looks like EA is happy with the sales for now, which should mean more singleplayer games in the future.

Oh they know about single player after Star Wars Battlefront just ... failed, this is why the second one had single player but since it was done by DICE it was a linear mostly corridor shooter with a really bad story, I mean they tried to sell the notion this was the first game were we could play as "the bad guys", you know ... since TIE Fighter never existed if we dont want to bring the strategy games as well. Plus they REALLY could not wait to get away of playing as part of the Empire since thats what? 5 missions down the lines were became part of the Rebels?

Problem was they got so greedy with the loot boxes it blown in their faces, they know there is a market for single player games ... a bigger one that of multiplayer only games and this is why COD main line always had a single player campaign and Black Ops 4 apparently didnt do well in sales, what EA was doing was looking at PUBG that was making a lot of money and Fortnite and thought they could dip into that, so far they havent got the results they wanted.

Also I think people are being kinder to this game because its not the dumpster fire that SWBF2 was and I suppose because Respawn aint DICE.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Maybe people are kinder to this game because its a "normal" game as opposed to all these weird microtransaction platforms or open world time sinks but idk. Of course the SW setting also helps. I tried playing it and didn't like it, but it probably appeals to a lot of popamolers who like uncharted and similar.

Sentinel

Arcane
Is Avellone contractually obligated to advertise this game on twitter post release? Guy is liking every single post that mentions anything remotely related to the game in a positive light.

polo

Magister
I finished this yesterday, enjoyed it, uninstalled and never going to mention it again probably.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Disagree here. This feels like the only actual game among your list. PS4 exclusives play themselves or treat you like a child. Uncharted games certainly doesn't allow any control and have pea shooting gallery combat.
I see them for what they are, action adventure, loud, larger than life, with interesting settings, explosive set pieces and great acting. I really like Nathan's character in uncharted, reminds me of indiana jones, of firefly, of countless others relatable action heroes. Horizon suprised me with the story and game world. Spider-Man had some trully great acting, the aunt may scene at the end brought a tear.

The biggest issue with this game is that it spread itself too thin, didnt excel at anything, so it left me feeling like i would forget about it soon after finishing it.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
I see them for what they are, action adventure, loud, larger than life, with interesting settings, explosive set pieces and great acting. I really like Nathan's character in uncharted, reminds me of indiana jones, of firefly, of countless others relatable action heroes. Horizon suprised me with the story and game world. Spider-Man had some trully great acting, the aunt may scene at the end brought a tear.
You are a story fag. I talk about gameplay and here you are, telling me how great PS4 stories are. I sold that fckn console cause all their fckn games weren't games.

For all it's faults Fallen Order is a game, it has great combat, good level design, decent puzzle solving and platforming where you have atleast some possibility to fail. And game gives you some control. I haven't played an action adventure title from the AAA industry that prioritizes it's gameplay in quite a while. And here you are telling me the mechanically inferior, condescending pathetic excuse for games are somehow superior. Yea, No. Fck off!

Kem0sabe

Arcane
You are a story fag. I talk about gameplay and here you are, telling me how great PS4 stories are. I sold that fckn console cause all their fckn games weren't games.

For all it's faults Fallen Order is a game, it has great combat, good level design, decent puzzle solving and platforming where you have atleast some possibility to fail. And game gives you some control. I haven't played an action adventure title from the AAA industry that prioritizes it's gameplay in quite a while. And here you are telling me the mechanically inferior, condescending pathetic excuse for games are somehow superior. Yea, No. Fck off!
Who the fuck plays these games for the actual game mechanics? You some kind of autist?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

By Horizon, you guys mean Horizon Zero Dawn? Because that really doesn’t belong in the same category as something like Uncharted. HZD is extremely popamole, but it’s still an open world ARPG with plenty of actual gameplay. Plus, they even found a way to make traps fun.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane

The character looks like parts of its eyes aren't rendering. Like when you see a CGI skeloton without all the musculature. They literally gave her no eyelids on top or bottom. She looks like she's in the most severe stages of hypothyroidism. No healthy human's eyes look like that.

I think the protagonist looks fine, if not conventionally handsome. His face is a bit over animated, though. So he's caught in between a strange middleground between stylized cartoon and realism.

Last edited:

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I've played it a bit more. The combat mechanics are great, the moment to moment combat is fun and it looks nice. However, despite all that, it just seems somehow hollow. I think it's partly because the progression curve sucks and there is no real upgrading or customization. On top of it, there are no weapons other than the light saber and force powers are limited, so it doesn't have the variety that Jedi Academy had. It feels like Dark Souls with all the RPG elements stripped of it, which really isn't that fun as it leaves you with the punishing combat, but nothing to really work toward other than just killing the next enemies. Even collecting your "soul" again has very little stakes as experience is abundant and you will max out the skills long before the game ends. None of the skills are different enough from eachother to constitute different styles of play, so the whole game just feels like a conventional action game that introduces new skills as you progress through it. And the light saber upgrade system is the dumbest thing ever. They are all cosmetics that barely change the look of your light saber at all. Despite tons of chests littered throughout the world, there is literally nothing of value in them. How lazy can you get?

I was encouraged by the prospect of open worlds, but the worlds are all super linear, with entire areas being cut off until later in the game, each one only opening once you advance the plot. And the story is dull as dish water, so it's no reason to keep going.

I had high hopes the first 5 minutes of playing it, but the longer I play it, the less I like it. It's not bad, just really mediocre. It's the sort of game that feels like a dry-run, developing combat and mechanics, for what could ultimately be a much better sequel.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I had high hopes the first 5 minutes of playing it, but the longer I play it, the less I like it. It's not bad, just really mediocre. It's the sort of game that feels like a dry-run, developing combat and mechanics, for what could ultimately be a much better sequel.

Your complaints come down to "it's not an RPG with a more open world" but that's not a failing. It wasn't trying to be that. It was trying to be a Metroid style console hack n' slash game. I'm fine with saying "that's not my thing" because it's honestly not really my thing either, but it's not like the game shot for RPG and failed. People who love this type of game seem quite pleased with it.

Raapys

Arcane
Pretty bad as far as Jedi games go. The force powers, both in terms of function and progression, are the least interesting of all the Jedi games by some margin. The lightsaber combat doesn't make it feel like you're in any way using a lightsaber. The level design looks like it could have been decent enough with good gameplay mechanics, but then you realize your movement is just locked to the pre-made parkour locations anyway. Story and dialogue is garbage as expected.

Been so long since I tried Force Unleashed that I can't recall if it was even worse, but it's sad that a game series that could benefit so much from engine tech improvements doesn't in any way take advantage of it for gameplay. Best I have to say about it is that the level streaming is neatly done. Unless you trick it by going the wrong way and discover that the game's unloaded the collision of the terrain behind you, leaving you falling through the world. Sad.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Force unleashed was kind of shit from what I recall, but the force powers where you could throw stuff and people around were cool.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom