Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of warcraft: Shadowlands announced

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ohhh no...

I always wondered how Nathanos went from the guy you killed for the Gorewood Bow to some unkillable retard that's in seemingly EVERY fucking cutscene.

A case of self insert perhaps?

TedNugent

Arcane
8a379c1326419960.jpg

:prosper:

GreyViper

Prophet
The concept of Forskaen was novel at the launch of Classic got interesting in WoTLK and then crashed into the dumpster. Im sure they have big plans, but sorry if we have to go look up books that are not in the game for character development, I either lose interest or just stop caring.
Hence Sylvana when she in Legion became warchief instead of leading horde from the from herself, she delegated contact to her lackey. In a way that's a good thing, since horde has a nice new A-Team cast of support characters from Broken Isles. So they do have good writers, but then again this is Blizzard and then you have stuff like in the cinematic and others(Kaelthas defeat speech at Sunvell plateau).

Regarding Shadowlands there is a lot of interesting fluf. Like Guldan using his knowledge of Shadowlands to create the first Death Knights and that Frostmourne and Lich King Armor were stolen from Shadowlands by Legion.
More info here about that stuff.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yes, massive retcons done in order to fit this new, bloaty piece of lore into existing franchise is interesting. Yeah. Right. And you post Bellucuck to spice it up.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Not a big fan how nublizz keeps rewriting history to make senses of the clusterfuck they've written themselves into with the recent expansions, especially BfA.

GreyViper

Prophet
Yes, massive retcons done in order to fit this new, bloaty piece of lore into existing franchise is interesting. Yeah. Right. And you post Bellucuck to spice it up.
You are right it is indeed massive retcon to the previous old lore, which I personally prefer. The idea of perverting shamanism into necromancy was a bit different also Nerzul was so underused.
Regarding the video source, I honestly could not care. Since I don't keep up with all the WoW drama, it's a good way to get recaps on what's what.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
"Sylvanas would be an interesting character, if she was a he"

-Codex
You don't get the point. If sylvanas was a male character they wouldn't turn her from a weakling to the muh badass character they try to present her as now
It's all about presenting women as strong smart and masculine, and men as weak idiots and feminine.
You can see this in almost every content created in last 10 years by big western corporations

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Guy, non passing tranny, whatever. Either way it's a degenerate and deserves to be incinerated.

Sykar

Arcane
The concept of Forskaen was novel at the launch of Classic got interesting in WoTLK and then crashed into the dumpster. Im sure they have big plans, but sorry if we have to go look up books that are not in the game for character development, I either lose interest or just stop caring.
Hence Sylvana when she in Legion became warchief instead of leading horde from the from herself, she delegated contact to her lackey. In a way that's a good thing, since horde has a nice new A-Team cast of support characters from Broken Isles. So they do have good writers, but then again this is Blizzard and then you have stuff like in the cinematic and others(Kaelthas defeat speech at Sunvell plateau).

Regarding Shadowlands there is a lot of interesting fluf. Like Guldan using his knowledge of Shadowlands to create the first Death Knights and that Frostmourne and Lich King Armor were stolen from Shadowlands by Legion.
More info here about that stuff.

The biggest problem was that Forsaken were a missed opportunity. Originally they counted actually as undead with WotF being a passive. That made them susceptible to certain anti-UD spells from Pala and Priest. Instead of fine tuning this in terms of balance they threw it out of the window, made them "humanoid" and put WotF on a timer. Hell Forsaken were not even immune to drowning at release. Just overall sad. Of course there was also some really dumb shit like the "human farm" just so people can point and say "see they are evil!". /facepalm
Turning Sylvannas into Garrosh 2.0 was also dumb shit.

GreyViper

Prophet
The biggest problem was that Forsaken were a missed opportunity. Originally they counted actually as undead with WotF being a passive. That made them susceptible to certain anti-UD spells from Pala and Priest. Instead of fine tuning this in terms of balance they threw it out of the window, made them "humanoid" and put WotF on a timer. Hell Forsaken were not even immune to drowning at release. Just overall sad. Of course there was also some really dumb shit like the "human farm" just so people can point and say "see they are evil!". /facepalm
Turning Sylvannas into Garrosh 2.0 was also dumb shit.
Exactly whatever plans or original designs they hard, I think it's safe to say it went out of the window. And sure I think they were justifying her Garrosh 2.0 actions as "see shes feeding all the souls killed in this conflict to this new bad, so she's a puppet no a villain". TO which I say BS and she has lost all the flavor due to poor writing.

Also on side note playing Nazjatar feels like it should have been part of Legion, but was cut out. Anyway, did what I set out to do, a lot of AV BG to get all alts to 120 and get the event mount. No lvl booster needed and took less time then I expected since the horde win ratio is 9-1. It was more fun then lvling via quests.

Divine Blessing

Scholar
and the shitstorm on 8.3 already started, the rage unfolds over grinds (Invasion crafts), alt-hostility (essences, cloak) and Corruption (more RNG than TF). sit back, enjoy the next weeks, when the increase in m+difficulty loot cap (most cant do +15, but want their maxxed weekly chest) accompanied by infinite AP Grind and Corruption RNG will reach the "major" audience, aka the "silent" majority. within a month the player base segregation will flood a new dimension of toxicity on all channels, pug-ging will become even more pseudo-elitist.

the major focus of critique on Legion was RNG and (not exclusive) AP-Grind, in BFA Blizzneys ignorance (on the playerbase demands) developed a new understanding of god-complex. and yet, WoW still is King (if u get the punchline, as Candy Crush is #1 in Blizzactivision bilance). some love to hate, i guess.

i still like the gameplay, the world, the FX (animations r superbe), also the replayability of m+, war mode (revived WPvP), the economy (exclusively paid via Token since WoD), my five-star ret and the income of a car-industrial with several fashion brands.

Last edited:

Fr0gic

Literate
The Forsaken post-Cataclysm is different than Vanilla Forsaken. This faction is not solely made up of Scourge defectors who own their freedom and survival to Sylvanas. A significant portion of the people in post-Cataclysm Forsaken, are people who never knew the Scourge. They were dead before and then they were raised by Sylvanas into undeath (against their will) and rolled with it. Either because they saw this as a neat little opportunity to live a few more extra years, or because they had a terrible afterlife experience which they wanted to avoid, or they were simply too confused, too scared to do anything but accept their fate.

More info here about that WoW stuff.

Generic-Giant-Spider

WUSSUP CODEX ITZ YER BOY TARANTULOS/GGS BACK ATCHA AGAIN WIT SUM LIT LIT LIT CONTENT FOR SHADA LANDS.

YO YO, U SAY U WANTED SUM FLASH TO YOUR SMASH? AYO, GOT SUM REAL SLEAZY LOOKIN' IMPORT SLUTZ FROM '70S NEW YORK TO YER GOLDSHIRE INN. TAKE A GANDER AT AMANDER:

921514.jpg

"HOLLAAAA BOOOIZ."

2020 AND U KNO WAT DAT MEANZ, MAH NIGGAZ? PERKS. PERKS. AND PERKS. FUCK YO LORE, NOW WE COMIN' TO BRING DOWN SILVERMOON Y'HEAR? TELL 'EM, LACHONNE:

921956.jpg

"I ain't no bitch ass nigga. I strong independent n got lotza trouble brewin' for whiteyz. Sheeeit u got anymo gold? Homegurl don't spin 4 copper, cuz! I'm real sassy like!"

Kill this game off.

frajaq

Erudite
Have to wait and see a bit more to see if Shadowlands looks good, has a similar feel of Stranger in Strange Land that you had in FF14 Shadowbringers from the Alpha information

Thorgast, the semi-roguelike dungeon certainly looks fun for certain classes

frajaq

Erudite
It's as usual with Blizzard. Each game/expansion has at least one good thing 'bout it. Rest is shitfest.

Well I think they outdid themselves in BFA because every single thing about it was bad in release

I think only 8.3 redeemed it a bit with the Visions and the final raid (with the exception of the last boss and horrible final cutscene)

From the way Shadowlands is going, even Blizzard wants to forget and put BFA in the past as soon as possible

Darkforge

Augur
I have never been able to get over the elves' ridiculous fucking eyebrows in this franchise. Yes, I understand elves are gay as fuck but this was always one step too far.

Last edited:

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
They are the Fu-manchu of eyebrows. Surprised they dont droop after swimming, must be some strong product they use

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom