Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Trashos

Arcane
Fabulously optimistic: Kingmaker 2, now mostly in-city. What is a proper equivalent to Athkatla in the Pathfinder universe?

Mortmal

Arcane
What if it's a HoMMo clone set in the Pozfinder universe?

YES! Just wanted to post about it, the picture is clearly a homage to HoMM grail maps
latest

But I doubt their game is a HoMM clone tho, they would peobably just reveal that puzzle in their post piece by piece so people would stay hyped guessing the region game takes place in
It's possible too, an HOMM clone in pathfinder universe.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I doubt that it will be heroes,but it could be might and magic. The guys are more in to RPGs than turn based strategy games. Also i don't see a market for heroes game.

Well, even Ubisoft's last Heroes of Might and Magic weren't successfull, so I think you can say that the market for RTWP CRPGs is still bigger than that of HOMM clones. Anyway, making anything except another Pathfinder game doesn't make much sense unless this is just some side project made by only 5 devs.
RTWP wasn't also that much of a market before they came in,poe2 sold poorly. Anyway,it seems that the dudes have passion for rpgs,so they could make an original IP. Also i am not sure if the kingmaker was such a huge marketing boost,i haven't heard about anywhere outside of the codex.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
We know it's going to be more Pathfinder, and most speculation is that it'll be another adventure module, like Kingmaker was.

Silly Germans

Someone has to bring the bad news so here we go,
they will announce the console port and their new partnership with epic games to
satisfy our needs for polished games on release with their new financial independence
with epic games at their behind.

Random death before the date doesn't sound so bad anymore or does it ?

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
that picture they used is like 150% homam 2.5, just looking at it i can hear the menu music and start to get up to use a landline i haven't had in 20 years to dial my buddies (that i also haven't had for 20 years) for a hot-seat game

deuxhero

Arcane
if it s anything other than another module of pathfinder i'll be shocked

They're using the Pathfinder Kingmaker account on some of the social media platforms (instead of just Owlcat's company one) to promote it and referring to Pathfinder actively in the post. I'm sure it would be an legal mess if they weren't revealing a PF based (or, less likely, some other Paizo product) game. They already said they're playing another AP, so I doubt it's some original game.

edit: There's a horn in the upper most piece that's been revealed. Relatively few AP badies use horned minions with prominence or have horns themselves. I'd suspect it's on some manner of fiend since Minotaurs are low level fodder and this is set too high off the ground.

Last edited:
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Hopefully it is Fuck You: Suck My Dick: Alexander Mishulin's Personal Dream RPG Experience

I mean... just look at the list of games he worked on!

Evil Islands: Curse of the Lost Soul (2000) (Level Design)
Evil Islands: Curse of the Lost Soul (2000) (Level Scripting)
S2: Silent Storm (2003) (Lead Game Designers)
S3: Silent Storm - Sentinels (2004) (Lead Game Designers)
Heroes of Might and Magic V (2006) (Lead Designer)
Pathfinder: Kingmaker (2018) (Creative Director)

Last edited:

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fabulously optimistic: Kingmaker 2, now mostly in-city. What is a proper equivalent to Athkatla in the Pathfinder universe?
I was going to say that if this is turn-based, I would throw my credit card at them first day, but they've scarred me/us with their plethora of bugs, so... cautiously optimistic.

Imagine if it's not full of bugs though? Wooooo... :D

purpleblob

Savant
I looked at all AP book at but can't find one similar. So zapped skeleton... any paladin/priest heavy module??

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom