Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

Citizen

Are you certain a game called Black Geyser will not be LGBT propaganda material? :troll:

It will be the COOL and codex approved LGBT propaganda

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Straight up copying the Pillars-UI is not the worst choice.
It's not the only thing. Those pics are quite reminiscent of Tides of Numenera, despite not being "biological":

d12721aea3b5e7ba0abe0ad45eb75690_original.jpg

b99a04ecea6840d19c2265bb373227ca_original.jpg

vs

Last edited:

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The second one is.

Anyways, I'm just noting that they're being inspired by everything related to the Pillars engine & games. Seems deliberate.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I need a new isometric RPG so badly that I am unironically waiting for this game. Please help me

Go play Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I loved Kingmaker and I really enjoyed my time with it, but, even if character creation and party management are 10/10, I can't force myself to go through the entire game again for two reasons:
- there is no atmosphere. Everything is too bland and uninspired. To me, in the immersion department it's the exact opposite of Icewind Dale I.
- the game has too much downtime. During the first playthrough I actually enjoyed the kingdom management parts, but now I find it meaningless, repetitive and boring.

Atchodas

Augur
Kingdom management and forced companions is what kills replay-ability of PFKM

Lets hope this game won't have either of those

Btw why this game is not released yet 5 years after its kickstarter

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-couriers-of-darkness/posts/2719625

Backer Beta internals: Deron-Guld
e87259fc0feb8048c383af28ac5e2dfc_original.png

GrapeOcean TechnologiesCreator
December 28, 2019

We have extended the Late Pledge Campaign of Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness! It will end on the 23rd of January, 2020. We decided to extend the initial deadline (26th of December) after receiving numerous requests from players who are keen on getting the Backer Beta / Early Access but aren’t able to pledge until January. Before we proceed with presenting some Backer Beta internals, here is some information on the ways you can pledge.

The playable Backer Beta will be delivered on March 24th, 2020 to backers who

• pledge (or have already pledged) for the Early Access reward tier (or any upper tiers), or
  • pre-order the “Early Access to Backer Beta” add-on.
Click here to pre-order the Backer Beta access for 22 euros ($25) as a standalone add-on. (Note: if you are not an existing backer or haven't pledged for any reward tier that includes a Digital Copy of the game, then this add-on will give you only the Backer Beta but not the full game. For the latter, a Digital Download or Early Bird Digital Download pledge – or any upper reward tier – is required as well. Other rewards of the original $99 Early Access tier are not included either.)

044a1e6f9a41c1236a2329149c894c09_original.png

If you want to get all Early Access rewards instead of just the standalone Backer Beta add-on, then you need to pre-order (or upgrade to) the original, complete Early Access reward tier ($99):

• If you are not yet a backer, you can use our PayPal-based backer portal to pre-order it.
  • If you are an existing backer with a BackerKit account, please contact us so that we can re-open your locked order in BackerKit before you can upgrade to the full Early Access tier.
If you need help or have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us on Kickstarter or through our Facebook page.

Deron-Guld: a desperate city on the brink of collapse
With the backer beta quickly approaching, we wanted to show off a location that will feature heavily in the portion of the game the beta will explore: Deron-Guld. Deron-Guld is the second largest city in Isilmerald, an important mining town and economic powerhouse in the region, and the capital for the rebellion against the kingdom. By the time the player first arrives in Deron-Guld, things are going very poorly for the residents. Can you intervene to save Deron-Guld? Can you even discover the poison eating at its heart before it’s too late?

Following is some concept art for areas of Deron-Guld so you can get a better feel for how we designed it behind the scenes. The city itself has always been centered on mining and trade rather than decoration, and the recent troubles have done nothing to improve it, so solemn stone and wood comprise many of the buildings. Nonetheless, Deron-Guld has no shortage of areas to discover and stories to engage in.

Below you can see the market. Like everything else in Deron-Guld it has come on hard times; a blacksmith’s shop and a general store are all that remain open amid the desperation. People need to eat, after all, and no war machine can function without steel…

5e47df9f64f39c6279da399218d4a3ab_original.png

The following picture shows the concept art for the Curious Cat, the one inn and tavern in Deron-Guld. While the outside may be as simple and unadorned as any other building in the city, the inside is the one place where locals can get a flash of color and music to forget their troubles.

60b72f0eac5814899f4839d570e7068e_original.png

And, of course, no war-torn city would be complete without a well-populated graveyard. But can war alone account for the bodies strewn haphazardly on the ground? What eats at the mining capital of Isilmerald? We hope you’re ready to face the desperation festering in the rebel city of Deron-Guld.

0da49351d00340e6aa49316d0047c840_original.jpg

In the meantime, stay warm and stay out of abandoned mines. Have a joyous Böoreste!

Tigranes

Arcane
Ahhh yes. First a clearly vapo-shovelware 'holy shit someone actually named their product Black Geyser" "holy shit someone literally copypasted Pillars of Eternity UI entirely" "holy shit Dwarf CRUSHMASTER" - and now, over time, a significant minority of Codexers desperately convince themselves that perhaps this will be a REAL RPG can't be worse than pillows haha amirite

Just like that other wonderful game skeptics were skeptical about what was it sword coast something? Ah yes great times worked out real well there

purpleblob

Savant
These guys literally doesn't seem to have anything decent to show. People want to up their pledge to play the demo? Lol

agris

Arcane
Patron
Pretty hard to believe a demo of an area will be available in 3 months when they clearly don’t even have a map ready to show of the area.

It’s hard to place scripts and play test an area without a map.

I’m sure this geyser will cover itself with glory.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Ahhh yes. First a clearly vapo-shovelware 'holy shit someone actually named their product Black Geyser" "holy shit someone literally copypasted Pillars of Eternity UI entirely" "holy shit Dwarf CRUSHMASTER" - and now, over time, a significant minority of Codexers desperately convince themselves that perhaps this will be a REAL RPG can't be worse than pillows haha amirite

Just like that other wonderful game skeptics were skeptical about what was it sword coast something? Ah yes great times worked out real well there
You need to be under the effects of very strong drugs to convince yourself that this game will be even remotely playable.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
This game will be the ELEX of RTwP games.
kingcomrade.png
Don't insult ELEX man, it's in a class of its own.

Gayser is just a long running meme until proven otherwise. And I don't expect it to pull a Grimoire. Plus, RTwP means it will have to be good in non-mechanical ways to stand up to :obviously: scrutiny.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom