Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Weird West: Definitive Edition - top-down immersive sim action-RPG from Arkane founder Raf Colantonio

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
MCA updated his Linkedin:

Narrative Designer/Writer

Company Name Wolfeye Studios (Freelance)
Dates Employed Oct 2017 – Present
Employment Duration 2 yrs 2 mos
Location The World

- Freelance writing contributing lore, dialogue to a brand-new title.

Raf left Arkane in September, so that means he started working on this as soon as possible. (The company itself is formed around Spring last year, and it seems they started hiring developers around Summer/Fall last year.)

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
So there wasn't any non-compete clauses.

Well if there was one, I'd guess it has something to do with actual business activity and taking Arkane employees. Probably it has ended last year or something.

---

Oh and also Borut Pfeifer is AI Programmer: https://www.linkedin.com/in/borut/

He was Lead AI Programmer on Doug Church's (or Steven Spielberg's, if you will) ill-fated first person RPG LMNO, and also did contract work on Prey.

Last edited:

Latelistener

Arcane
Matthew Piersall (sound designer on Prey)
I'm not surprised he brought him, since they've made a couple of tracks for Prey together.

Raph is singing in this one, but there is also a different version of it:

MCA updated his Linkedin:
This is like a dream come true. I always thought that Arkane needed MCA. While word building was great in Dishonored, dialogues and characters were meh. I hope Raph will make a good use of him.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
This is like a dream come true. I always thought that Arkane needed MCA. While word building was great in Dishonored, dialogues and characters were meh. I hope Raph will make a good use of him.
Okay, seriously, how much longer are you guys going to think MCA being involved means anything? Did you already forget that MCA was on Prey and the writing was still Arkane's usual mediocre fare?

Latelistener

Arcane
Okay, seriously, how much longer are you guys going to think MCA being involved means anything? Did you already forget that MCA was on Prey and the writing was still Arkane's usual mediocre fare?
I'm aware of that and I'm not holding my breath over anything, but it's still nice that MCA is involved.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
It's topdown action RPG, published by Devolver Digital:

ss_026072ab0413e362a85a28524edf0e3859812150.jpg

ss_54faa00aceb8a85492d1c77a224a8f525c1a3a24.jpg

Survive and unveil the mysteries of the Weird West through the intertwined destinies of its unusual heroes in an immersive sim from the co-creators of Dishonored and Prey.

Discover a dark fantasy reimagining of the Wild West where lawmen and gunslingers share the frontier with fantastical creatures. Journey through the origin stories of a group of atypical heroes, written into legend by the decisions you make in an unforgiving land. Each journey is unique and tailored to the actions taken - a series of high stakes stories where everything counts and the world reacts to the choices you make. Form a posse or venture forth alone into an otherworldly confines of the Weird West and make each legend your own.

Jinn

Arcane
I'm intrigued. Don't much care for the art style, but I felt the same about Seven: The Days Long Gone and still found a ton of stunning environments in that.

I'll be keeping an eye on it.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I was underwhelmed because it's different from what I was expecting, and I wish Raf to carry the torch for the promise of immersive sims, with first person perspective and alll that.

Still I'm looking forward to the game as it is, and since they still label this "an immersive sim" I expect good things.

Terenty

Liturgist
Looks like steam early access, but in Raph i trust

I just hope theres no randomised procedural bullshit there

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom