Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium spoilery thread

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I understand that in murder-mysteries the suspects is often revealed to be an someone unlikable, but wasn't making him an insane black, racist, communist incel a bit too much?

The real villain is the phasmid.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I really disliked the ending - both the phantasmid and the fact that the murderer is someone completely off on some secluded island that you get to once you do all fetching. It would be much more fitting if it was someone with whom the player already met and conversed.

This way it's just cheap and derp. OH NO MURDERER WAS SITTING ALL THE TIME ON SOME FUCKING ISLAND NO ONE EVER WENT TO AND KILLED FOR NO GOOD FUCKING REASON EXCEPT BEING INANE.

Or, if you understand it the other way, IT WAS FANTASY MONSTER ALL ALONG, MAGIC HAPPEND OH NO.

Agree 100%.

However this echo chamber is deaf to criticism.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I really disliked the ending - both the phantasmid and the fact that the murderer is someone completely off on some secluded island that you get to once you do all fetching. It would be much more fitting if it was someone with whom the player already met and conversed.

This way it's just cheap and derp. OH NO MURDERER WAS SITTING ALL THE TIME ON SOME FUCKING ISLAND NO ONE EVER WENT TO AND KILLED FOR NO GOOD FUCKING REASON EXCEPT BEING INANE.

Or, if you understand it the other way, IT WAS FANTASY MONSTER ALL ALONG, MAGIC HAPPEND OH NO.
The game can be faulted for arbitrarily barring the player from traveling to the island until after the "tribunal", but clues pointing to the murderer can be found from the start of the game, if you determine that the hanged man was actually the victim of communism (and love).

iWOArt0.jpg

Prime Junta

The game can be faulted for arbitrarily barring the player from traveling to the island until after the "tribunal", but clues pointing to the murderer can be found from the start of the game, if you determine that the hanged man was actually the victim of communism (and love).

There's more, too. The footprints in the secret room for example, they don't fit any of the known suspects. The game is hinting that there is an unknown factor at work here.

Niareh

Barely Literate

I think the lines of you shitting on communism in the linked images are there because you shat on communism enough in earlier dialogue. For example, I could only salute and pay respects to the portrait of Kras Mazov. I also think I didn't get the demise of our noble state line with the cleaning lady (but I am not sure about that one). So they can't be taken as evidence of the game hinting towards the culprit. The inland empire conversation about love and communism are though.

Niareh

Barely Literate
Is there any plot reward for being sober?

Not being a bad person.

spin kicked Meathead by using items, thoughts and alcohol

:cry:

Reminds me of that Mr. Robot episode. Drugging an addict.

I mostly did these things for the exp reward so I tried alcohol once, cigarettes once, and the radioactive drug once (I felt doing speed might be going too far). I thought there would be a soft barrier beyond which not being sober would have catastrophic effects. I did regret doing any of this during the seaside date though. Harry just needs to find a working class woman and forget about Dora :)
Maybe ZA/UM could try courting the mainstream Bioware crowd by adding romance mechanics in their next game (I kid).

Elex

Arbiter

There's more, too. The footprints in the secret room for example, they don't fit any of the known suspects. The game is hinting that there is an unknown factor at work here.
also the shoot nobody hear the shoot.

Elex

Arbiter

you realized the real killer is the fat guy?
not the one you meet, the other brother.

Elex

Arbiter
Game delivers fake sense of urgency. Take your time. Kim comments only first day of you don't follow the case. After you don't even get bad comments while rushing just cuts content.
the mercenary tribunal will happen on day 7 no matter what you do.

vota DC

Augur
Game delivers fake sense of urgency. Take your time. Kim comments only first day of you don't follow the case. After you don't even get bad comments while rushing just cuts content.

Rene dies if you speak with him, seems a timed events but no tribunal. I tried to reach day 8 with a no quest mode (didn't even inspected the corpse, I just collected money from Kim and the vendor and retreated in the hut on day 3 then read Dick Mullen.....day 8 nobody hurt) and with another mode where I did interviews, found badge, found weapon, found bullet and know Ruby was in village....day 8 and nothing happened except Rene, Hardies are still there.

you realized the real killer is the fat guy?
not the one you meet, the other brother.

You are conflating two different things here. The Claires got the sniper to kill the previous head of the union. There is no reason to believe that they ordered the mercenary's death.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Finished the game on day 7 - pretty good ending with Delores Dia and a little this and that. Would have liked to have had some time after "finishing the case" to wander around a little bit, but whatever.

1. Right before the end I rest on the island and it mentions when I wake up I'm coughing up blood. Huh? Did I miss something? I was shot in the leg.
2. My date went very well. I got the gal's sword and unfortunately, no more dates.
3. Filled up the tree with lore as that was the most interesting part. Made the conversation with Delores at the end very interesting. Wonder if there is more I missed here.
4. So much happened as a result of the Col Do Ma Ma Daqua - holy shit! Any other research topics that open up so many avenues/quests?
5. I took ever thought cabinet that would shed life on Harry's backstory. Glad I did. Lonesome Long Way Home, The Bow Collector, Apricot Chewing Gum Scented One, and White Mourning (which I thought was related but was not.) Gave up a lot of points and forgot a lot of research to get this.
6. Any benefit to shaving? Was able to shave and looked like a nut regardless. Put a point in hand/eye coordination to get this.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
6. Any benefit to shaving? Was able to shave and looked like a nut regardless. Put a point in hand/eye coordination to get this.
Shaving is a mistake. The only change you should consider making to protagonist's portrait is to eliminate the Guillaume le Million grin ("the expression"), and even that change should be avoided if you're playing a superstar cop as opposed to the Cop of the Apocalypse.

SXk03zP.jpg

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Shaving is a mistake. The only change you should consider making to protagonist's portrait is to eliminate the Guillaume le Million grin ("the expression"), and even that change should be avoided if you're playing a superstar cop as opposed to the Cop of the Apocalypse.

SXk03zP.jpg
Thanks - That Asian guy who accompanies me implies shaving was a mistake, but he doesn't complete his thoughts. Never tried removing the grin as it never rose above 3% based on the way I set up my char. Maybe next time!

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
For me it happened right after I met Emily/she died. This was on day 4. As soon as I went back to town, the tribunal - which I'll admit probably locked me out of completing a lot of quests.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
For me it happened right after I met Emily/she died. This was on day 4. As soon as I went back to town, the tribunal - which I'll admit probably locked me out of completing a lot of quests.

It's always triggered by resolving the situation with ruby. The question is if just doing nothing might trigger it or is there infinite time to finish everything.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
It's always triggered by resolving the situation with ruby. The question is if just doing nothing might trigger it or is there infinite time to finish everything.
Eh, give me some time. I have a save from *right* before talking to her. I do remember something in the game about 5 days to diffuse the situation once you discover he's some kind of soldier - but I don't remember where I got that info. It took me two or three days to get the body down since I went full "intelligence" with very little in hand/eye and that fighting skill.

Elex

Arbiter
You are conflating two different things here. The Claires got the sniper to kill the previous head of the union. There is no reason to believe that they ordered the mercenary's death.
except that the two fat communist that love money and manipulate everyone are the ones benefitting from the murder.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
except that the two fat communist that love money and manipulate everyone are the ones benefitting from the murder.

They didn’t order the hit and the old commy hasn’t worked for them in years. Try interrogating him again.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Eh, give me some time. I have a save from *right* before talking to her. I do remember something in the game about 5 days to diffuse the situation once you discover he's some kind of soldier - but I don't remember where I got that info. It took me two or three days to get the body down since I went full "intelligence" with very little in hand/eye and that fighting skill.

Yeah, as far as I know as long as you don't bump into Ruby you can do pretty much everything you want and according to the general consenus you have somewhere between 7 and infinite amount of days to finish all the quests. Have fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom