Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Game Awards 2019

Mortmal

Arcane
Disco Elysium is better than ToW but I cannot support this travesty of awards.
Me neither but its not like your vote really counts anyway :) .
Its incredible how good the press coverage disco elysium got , something that never ever happens for any indie rpg or adventure game even artsy ones not a word anywhere let alone any award. That really help to have some oligarch backing you up .

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Disco Elysium is better than ToW but I cannot support this travesty of awards.
Me neither but its not like your vote really counts anyway :) .
Its incredible how good the press coverage disco elysium got , something that never ever happens for any indie rpg or adventure game even artsy ones not a word anywhere let alone any award. That really help to have some oligarch backing you up.

The devs advertised for months that they are communists therefore they are on the good side of the oligarchs.

Mortmal

Arcane
That really help to have some oligarch backing you up .
Isn't the artist's father an actor?
Only one way to find out, we have prima junta who was involved in development as he says and Kasparov a full fledged dev. Well in fact i suspect junta was the postman bringing mail to their studio and Kasparov the janitor, they were drinking some coffee together ,that's what they call being involved in Disco elysium development...

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
This. They should've replaced Best Direction with Best Gameplay Design, add Best DLC/Expansion and also Best Game for Children and move all the Nintendo/anime crap there.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
That is an expansion. They should have made a best dlc/expansion category,not use it as game lol.
It's a full game's worth of content that requires another game to play. That's not unlike Wizardry 2 and 3.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.

Will Zurmacht

Educated
How many shekels did Microsoft have to pay to have Obsidian's latest dud put up for GOTY lmao.

:takemyjewgold:

Disco Inferno in any field it can go in, Resident Evil in the rest (nostalgia vote).

Will Zurmacht

Educated
Good to know that critically and comercially successful games are called duds now.
2-deep-for-me parody post or...? The most vapid trash sells like hotcakes these days, and the more vapid it is, the more it appeals to the typical consumer. Suppose it shows Micro$oft's faith in the title that it was included in the $1 trial bundle.

And feast your peepers on some of the representative high score reviews from Metacritic:

Softpedia said:
There is no doubt The Outer Worlds is almost a masterpiece. Sure, it could use some work here and there, but it's a perfect delivery system for the hungry human imagination that longs for the stars.

Gamespot said:
The Outer Worlds is consistently compelling throughout, and it's a superb example of how to promote traditional RPG sensibilities in a sharp, modern experience.

:prosper:

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
The new Batman game will be revealed made by WB Montreal.

Any funny guesses on what the title would be?

Forever?
Ultimate?
Dark Descent?
Final Justice?
Joker's New Last Greatest Return Revenge?
Robin's gender reassignment?
Riddler's Race?
Mr Freeze's Snow Cone Blast?
She-man?
Gotham (K)Nights?
Penguin's Keto Diet Challenge?
Catwoman and the BDSM Dungeon Battle?
Part 5?
Mad Hatter's Totally not-pedophile simulator
Dr. Arkham's sore asshole?
Bargain Bin GOTY Edition for 10 bucks?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
2-deep-for-me parody post or...? The most vapid trash sells like hotcakes these days, and the more vapid it is, the more it appeals to the typical consumer. Suppose it shows Micro$oft's faith in the title that it was included in the $1 trial bundle.

Dud means financially unsuccessful. You can think the Transformer movies were trash, but they're weren't duds. Same with Outer Worlds, which seems to be very successful both critically and commercially. It's not a dud, even if you think it's crap.

Terenty

Liturgist
Everything goes to Death Stranding except where Disco Elysium is.

Edit. Not including Disco Elysium in best art direction and score&music is the biggest joke of 2019

Also, Death Stranding should be nominated for best multiplayer

And where is the biggest pile of shit nomination for Outer Worlds?

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
We're just shitposting, no one really cares.

Eventually the codex will make their top 10 - 15 must play rpgs of the year and we'll forget about this.
This is so fabulously optimistic I can't even. Has there been any year with 10 must play RPGs?

I'd settle for one, but I can't even get that.

Quillon

Arcane
We're just shitposting, no one really cares.

Eventually the codex will make their top 10 - 15 must play rpgs of the year and we'll forget about this.
This is so fabulously optimistic I can't even. Has there been any year with 10 must play RPGs?

I'd settle for one, but I can't even get that.

Did codex ever made lists? All I see are definitive polls that every codexer agree with.

:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom