Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's your favorite soundtrack?

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Spamming YouTube vids... such swagger.

HEY EVERYONE. Look at MY taste in gaming music.
This is a brofist-harvesting thread. You're supposed to tell us that you like the Fallout soundtrack.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Realms of Arkania 2 (CD version) & 3

I used to like it a lot, but honestly it is not that great compared to some of the other stuff posted here.

This is probably the best one from RoA 2:

Or maybe this one:

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The games themselves are garbage, but I think Jesper Kyd did some of his best work on Borderlands.

Besides that:
Matt Uelmen's work on Diablo I and II
Yoshitaka Azuma's music for the first Panzer Dragoon
Kelly Bailey's Half Life 2 and Episodes I and II soundtrack

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
If I were to pick my favourite game soundtrack overall, that is, the soundtrack where I immensely liked most of the tracks or even all of them, then it would probably be the one from G.I. Joe: The Atlantis Factor for NES. This is a rare case when every single piece is absolutely mindblowing, even though it's just a silly primitive game about superhero soldiers aimed at promoting toy merchandise and I didn't particularly like it.

Last edited:

ironmask

Arbiter
System shock 1 has the best MIDI soundtrack ever.

The soundtrack for system shock 2 was also pretty good, both the atmospheric and techno.

Yldriel

Literate
Today's theme: "mediocre / unremarkable game's soundtrack is much better than it has any right to be".

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Fallout 1&2,
Thief 1,
Conan the Barbarian (movie),
Diablo 1&2,
The empire strikes back (movie),
Star Trek - the motion picture (1979 movie)

wyes gull

Savant
In RPGS? I'm partial to Morgan's work in Fallouts 1 & 2, and even though I'm not the biggest fan of the music, I reckon there are a few games with soundtracks that fit them as well as the ost in VtMB. Oh, can't forget Noriyuki Iwadare's prog epic in Langrisser II; Mega Drive version, the SNES sounds like ass and the PS/Saturn versions lack oomph.

Outside of RPGs, it's pretty simple:

Last edited:

JDR13

Arcane
In no particular order....

Baldur's Gate

Gothic 1 & 2

Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga

The Witcher

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Chrono Trigger

Honorable mention = Gothic 3, Risen, Morrowind, Icewind Dale, The Witcher 2 & 3, King's Field 2-4, The Last of Us.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom