Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones - a Lovecraftian Computer RPG

Scrawled

Cultic Games
Developer
Also, any list of initial companion for each profession type?
Outsider, Randolf's wife, spanish henchman, zombie soldier, Aristocrat's butler and Explorer's dawg.

But which goes with which profession? Performer/actress has the Outsider, so does Detective I believe. As an actress I also got the spanish henchman guy, but he's just a henchman not a real companion (you can't see his stats or access inventory)

anyone play as a woman yet? I wonder what's different

My trial run was as Stacy, a female performer (actress). The bartender still called my PC by male pronouns (expecting SJW rage any minute now) However you can have lesbian sex with the prostitutes and the prostitutes acknowledge you are a woman and the sex is different and fun (if you have high speech you can do sex for free once until it resets, which I guess happens when you rest)

Another question: Is there any reason to pump Occult to 6 (which I believe is the max for skills?) if you have a base stat of Will of around 8? Because I would like to play as the Occult Detective, but he doesn't have Occult as a core skill. Non core skills only go up to 4 correct?

If you want to get better research points for learning spells and capitalise on the potentials of casting spells with high spellcraft, the higher the occult skill the better.

Scrawled

Cultic Games
Developer
so nobody has experienced the same game breaking dead end bug that I had? Where Wheat never gives you the poison, and it's too late to fight the mob there, making it impossible to progress past the distillery?

Can you recount in detail the player choices and the relevant circumstances prior to Mr. Wheat not being able to give the poison? At one point in a dialogue line where you agree to carry out Mr. Wheat's request, a poison bottle item should've fallen into the inventory.

Scrawled

Cultic Games
Developer
Fuck it, Sonnia Greene Carter vanished. She said she would wait for me on the Old Eel when I dropped her to get Undead soldier, but now she isn't nowhere to find.

I was counting on her Science to make the Hazard suit for me.

:negative:

We're aware of the writing contradictions, since they were written according to game having support for companion party admission and dismissal mechanics, which, in the final release, had to unfortunately be removed for overall game stability. We will have corrected the incoherent lines by the upcoming patches.

Scrawled

Cultic Games
Developer
Is there nothing to research after science 5 or 6? I haven't been able to do any scientific research for a while now. Also, I'm having trouble with the Blasted Street boss encounter, and I saw somewhere that science characters can research rocks, but I definitely don't have that option. My science is 8.

Please send us your log exports so that we may refer to them in our inquiries. Follow these steps:

1. Hit the console button (the one under Escape: "/é)
2. Type "exportlog" without the quote marks. This should generate a log folder on the desktop.
3. Compress this folder and send it to culticgames@gmail.com

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is there nothing to research after science 5 or 6? I haven't been able to do any scientific research for a while now. Also, I'm having trouble with the Blasted Street boss encounter, and I saw somewhere that science characters can research rocks, but I definitely don't have that option. My science is 8.

Please send us your log exports so that we may refer to them in our inquiries. Follow these steps:

1. Hit the console button (the one under Escape: "/é)
2. Type "exportlog" without the quote marks. This should generate a log folder on the desktop.
3. Compress this folder and send it to culticgames@gmail.com
Sorry, but I haven't played in a while and have beaten the game a few times since that post. I was trying to research the wrong rock because a different rock worked. Somebody on the forum here had set me straight.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
giphy.gif

GandGolf

Augur
That's insane! Patch in companion dismissal and not patch out the dialogue! How can the game be so unstable that you can't add this basic, mandatory function?!

Maybe some point down the line they can add the ability to get companions back, but for now they should probably focus on getting the first patch out.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Maybe some point down the line they can add the ability to get companions back, but for now they should probably focus on getting the first patch out.
That almost never happens. Once they start changing dialogue to cut something they never put it back after.

I actually liked the game very much, but goddamn it is a buggy, frustrating experience! And I never thought I would live to see a CRPG where companion dismissal is considered a luxury feature. The End Times are nigh I tell you.

Technomancer

Liturgist
So what exactly are mechanical effects of different Marks of Cleansing? Right now instead of proper trait stats, it gives this cryptic wordy description so you have to guess on your own.

Out of six of them only two are easy to spot on the char sheet:

Compassion is +1 phys. def. -1 supernatural.

Self-respect is +1 to mental resistance but +5% to critical fail.

Help me with the other four:

Friendship says it "enfeebles my bonds of camaraderie" whatever the hell that means in gameplay, while supposedly lowering sanity impact from KIA followers.

Love is higher addiction resistance and some kind of negative effect on sexual desire. The prostitutes can still be used and sanity restored from them is the same so what does the negative do? Another bug?

Longing is "easing your mental burden" but "leaves you more remorseful"! Talk gameplay goddamit.

Curiosity "reduces self-improvement" which I interpret as lower XP acquisition (again I want %numbers%) but blesses you with being "less remorseful". How should I know how remorse is translated into gameplay terms. Is it angst or what?

Any insight Scrawled ?

Last edited:

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
So, I'm playing the game, and it's nice, but please, is there any fucking way to upscale the font size? I'm playing on a laptop 1366x768 and my eyes are starting to hurt.

13834450.jpg

Saduj

Arcane
I'm also waiting for the patch. :negative:

Question for anyone who has recently played: Are firearms still inferior to melee for combat? I've heard mixed things.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Question for anyone who has recently played: Are firearms still inferior to melee for combat? I've heard mixed things.
Due to scarce quantities of ammunition, you're better off not relying too heavily on firearms for your regular party members; though, oddly enough, the extra fourth party member you can hire has never-depleting ammunition. Science can be used to craft more bullets, but the items needed for this are also in short supply, and similarly purchasing bullets consumes money needed for other purposes, so you're better off not having more than 1 regular party member specializing in firearms rather than melee.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom