Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW - outsourced to Broadsword

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The morality of Bioware developers Star Wars:

cVNVrif.jpg

So one of this is light side choice the other one is dark one: you either will cause fore-man family to get killed or some workers to starve to death :balance: Guess and vote which one is each which to pick Comrades, they should really call those options paragon and renegade instead one time as light side options I got one to kill rebels quickly and help Empire Lol instead of ildulging Sith sadistic urges by making them suffer for weeks this was fair enough, liked that there was no cuck option to help them escape or side with them you can be pro Empire in this game and light sided. :incline:

Those exploration quests are indeed still there but hidden by default, also how to acess the bank? Got inventory full of gear my other toons could use and ones I would love to stash like this Empire Pilot outfit i got.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
don't waste your precious life time on wow clones like this. go full sandbox.
real men go full sandbox.

mandatory explanatory video

This is why I stopped playing MMO's. Vanguard might have been a failure, but it was a wonderful one.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
one good story than eight meh ones.
Yeah, about that... didn't work out that well.

Plus there are some missions chapters in KOTFE, where they weren't even pretending to write for anyone else than the Outlander turned Jedi Knight anymore. One has you stumble to the jungle alone, gain magic rocket thrusters on your boots (since you cannot force jump), talk to force ghosts (because SPOILER mental gymnastics allows everyone to), then collect lightsaber parts and use those floating parts at a lightsaber forge to construct a... sniper rifle? Out of wood. Ooooookay? Then we pacify an animal with our NotJedi mind tricks, because reasons.
WTF Bioware, put some effort into it FFS! :argh:
KOTFE is pretty much created for Force sensitive characters that the whole expansions are ruined for non-Force sensitive. Honestly with some more effort they could divide it into force/non-force route like they would do Republic/Empire part of the rest of other expansions.

Would be interesting to see the whole controlling the fallen empire plays out with you being just a normal guy. Imperial Agent could basically play a puppet master/politicking from the shadow I guess. Can't really imagine how Bounty Hunter/Soldier/Smuggler would do on the whole KOTFE.

Codex Year of the Donut
also how to acess the bank?
You need to find a Legacy Bank(accountwide storage), not to be confused with cargo(per-character storage)
There's one on the imperial fleet right in front of you after using your Emergency Fleet Pass. IIRC, guild banks are green, legacy storage is yellow, and I can't remember what color regular cargo is.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Don't forget to buy yourself a stronghold on your capital planet (those are dirtcheap), and pick up the quest from the holosalesman "to buy one". Even if you already have it, just visit it again. Reward is a legacy bank (and a mailbox?) decoration. Since you can always fasttravel from and to your stronghold, it's a convenient way to share moneyz and equipment between you toons, without having to suffer the fleet's loading screen.

Codex Year of the Donut
A lieutenant was extorting his soldiers and sending them off to die in dangerous areas if they didn't pay up. Confronted him and ended up killing him.
tKgzXqe.png

:M

fuck this shit. it took it 3-4-maybe 5 minutes to launch, then a loading screen appeared, then disappeared and nothing else. it refuses to "work" again.

after all the blame's on me:

michael.jpg

Commissar Draco

Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Don't forget to buy yourself a stronghold on your capital planet (those are dirtcheap), and pick up the quest from the holosalesman "to buy one". Even if you already have it, just visit it again. Reward is a legacy bank (and a mailbox?) decoration. Since you can always fasttravel from and to your stronghold, it's a convenient way to share moneyz and equipment between you toons, without having to suffer the fleet's loading screen.

Got only few thousands credits, the stealth does help to cut down the trash mobs fights but it also make you dirt poor Imperial agent Comrade, any advice how to procede when hitting the space station is the Black Talon quest durable solo btw?

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
You may have noticed that there are unused areas with a speeder station. There were some extra quests to... well let's be honest, in the old day you had to do every shit quest to have any chance of not being hopelessly underleveled. The nice touch was, they were not always directly after you had done that planet, but you had to return later. Those quest are still in the game AFAIK, but only get available once you are lvl60 or so, and nobody tells you about it. And only reward moneys and xp now.
Since doing both purple questlines per planet is enough xp to keep you fed, there's no need to bother with those now called "exploration quests". You even have to check the box on the map to get them displayed at all.

Sad.

I think the most ironic thing is when TOR just went F2P and subscribers were getting bonus experience for everything, playing as F2P actually seemed to have better pacing because you weren't just rushing through content. Introduction of purple "core path" quest line absolutely destroyed what little optional content game had because Bioware clearly just wanted you to be over and done with leveling through non-expansion material. Even worse is you're left with far less tangible STUFF as a result of rushing through content, be it credits, crafting materials, etc.

Codex Year of the Donut
You may have noticed that there are unused areas with a speeder station. There were some extra quests to... well let's be honest, in the old day you had to do every shit quest to have any chance of not being hopelessly underleveled. The nice touch was, they were not always directly after you had done that planet, but you had to return later. Those quest are still in the game AFAIK, but only get available once you are lvl60 or so, and nobody tells you about it. And only reward moneys and xp now.
Since doing both purple questlines per planet is enough xp to keep you fed, there's no need to bother with those now called "exploration quests". You even have to check the box on the map to get them displayed at all.

Sad.

I think the most ironic thing is when TOR just went F2P and subscribers were getting bonus experience for everything, playing as F2P actually seemed to have better pacing because you weren't just rushing through content. Introduction of purple "core path" quest line absolutely destroyed what little optional content game had because Bioware clearly just wanted you to be over and done with leveling through non-expansion material. Even worse is you're left with far less tangible STUFF as a result of rushing through content, be it credits, crafting materials, etc.
I was heavily overleveled(hit 60 during chapter 2) and didn't mind, it scales you down to the planet's level so the content doesn't become super easy. I was doing basically every quest I saw, btw.
I assume without the yuge amount of secondary stats max level people with good gear have, it's about the same as being the level the planet was designed for.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Got only few thousands credits, the stealth does help to cut down the trash mobs fights but it also make you dirt poor Imperial agent Comrade, any advice how to procede when hitting the space station is the Black Talon quest durable solo btw?

Every quest is doable solo on the story mode difficulty. For those that normally require a group, you get an additional companion droid which is so OP I still wonder why the Empire and the Republic don't mass-manufacture them to use in their armies.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
That bot was such a wasted chance. I have 5 useless slackers on my ship, why not give me one or two of those extra? Nah, instead I get a robot that looks like an accident in a trash compactor.

Reminds my I technically have to play through a handful of flashpoints according to my legacy. For some reason the game forgot it. Like it forgot my smuggler was getting it on with Lana and instead had Corso Riggs go full romance on her. WTF? Corso Riggs? The guy is friendzoned by every womyn in the galaxy! :argh:

Sentinel

Arcane
Tried getting my account back through password recovery. Noticed it asked me for my security key, so I download the app to grab the security key, except it asks me for the serial code before I even open it. I google, EA says to get the serial code you need to log in to your account, which I can't do because I'm trying to recover it.

Guess I won't be playing it then.

Codex Year of the Donut
Aric is already my bro4lyfe
The amount of rep he gets with me during conversations is insane, he agrees on nearly all my choices :M

better and better.
i let the whole game download, launched it and left the computer perfectly still for 10 minutes, so it would start unhindered. it did, but it's still convinced it has stuff to download, so i can't use my old character and even if i do a new one i still can't get out of the starting planet with it.

michael.jpg

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
The down-scaling is a terrible idea as well because it doesn't really do enough. You can still be over-levelled but instead of one-shotting enemies, you three-shot them. Meaning that there is no challenge, no risk, no need to use consumables but you're still wasting time slogging through shit. Plus, it removes the joy of going back to earlier zones and just massacring stuff.

Codex Year of the Donut

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
better and better.
i let the whole game download, launched it and left the computer perfectly still for 10 minutes, so it would start unhindered. it did, but it's still convinced it has stuff to download, so i can't use my old character and even if i do a new one i still can't get out of the starting planet with it.

michael.jpg

Restart it. It can be like that.

Commissar Draco

Patron
better and better.

michael.jpg

Game first dl first planet then (it takes looooong time) the rest of game comrade, and yes most of heroics are doable solo I only had problem with the one where you fight the filthy invaders, guess will do my quest line first and got some decent gear, those rewards for heroics ugh got three hats instead of armor and weapons i needed, still the dark temple was fun and funny.

For Empire Intelligence and :obviously: Chiss race Comrades. :hero:

i can't believe i'm saying this.
the game actually improved a lot during these years. mainly, or perhaps only because, it giganticly cut on grind and quests. basically, the game improved by requiring to be played less.
i can totally believe i said this.

Codex Year of the Donut
i can't believe i'm saying this.
the game actually improved a lot during these years. mainly, or perhaps only because, it giganticly cut on grind and quests. basically, the game improved by requiring to be played less.
i can totally believe i said this.
I found most of the side quests to be pretty good though. :M

Commissar Draco

Patron
Got my stronghold thanks for hint Comrade, got ton of cool shit as reward for quest too, Black Talon proved to be fun quest this time I did not shoot Captain and got different sub missions layout, love Karas Dun it reminds me of my home town. (well we got gopniks and gypsies not crazy sith and carnivorous beasts on streets but its close), Also Mako is super cute (when you not pick the nigger skin for her of course).

:hero:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom