Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Wunderbar

Arcane
iZerw normal mode is normal.

I thought you only started with a rifle in easy mode. Wait there was an easy mode? I can't really remember, I only remember the terror I felt as a kid as Nemesis chased me

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wow, I'm having a really bad time in the RE2 remake. I'm at the part where you have to run into the greenhouse to grab the security chip, and there are FIVE of the "ivy" enemies cockblocking you from getting out again. I have a million healing items but only two shotgun shells. Usually I just tank through and heal in a situation like this, but these fuckers instantly kill you if you get anywhere near them. 100%->0% health in one touch. Not only that but dying is a 30 second cutscene which becomes unbearable real fast. Game keeps suggesting I go to easy mode with weaker enemies, but 1) fuck you and 2) lower enemy hp doesn't matter if they're going to 1-hit kill me anyway. Not really asking for advice here, just venting my frustration.

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How are you that low on ammunition at that point in the game? Did you use up the Flamethrower? Don't you people have phones?
Crosshair turned off :)

Also, a lot of times I'm not sure whether I should exterminate or just run past. Once I shoot a guy a couple times to knock them over, I like to finish them off. Stupid? Maybe. I didn't think it would actually put me in a hard fail state though.

Once I shoot a guy a couple times to knock them over, I like to finish them off. Stupid? Maybe. I didn't think it would actually put me in a hard fail state though.

In this game? Yes. Unless it's a place you're going to keep coming back to over and over you're best off stunning them or knocking them down and running past as much as you can. Zombies in this game are bullet sponges and can take a ridiculous amount of shots to kill permanently.

Zombra

Patron
Update, came back fresh, realized I missed a treasure spot elsewhere on the level, got a little ammo, passed the sticking point after enduring heroic levels of hardship. Go Leon!

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
1550467427153.png

oldbonebrown

Arcane
I just picked this up now that it's reasonably priced. The DLC costumes did not look very exciting but as always it is a shame to see that they are selling such items as reasonably should be in the game as unlockables.
4 hours in and I'm enjoying the game so far, overall it is not as great as the first REmake but that was expected. The most positive surprise is how charmingly 90s Leon looks, like a young Leonardo Dicaprio, I understand the zombies fully in wanting a bite out of that piece of hot meat.

Last edited:

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
The classic outfits are unlockables, among some weapons and game modes. The Claire one is pretty werid tho, I recommend downloading a mod for it.

21-1552374625-1167531846.jpeg

It looks way better in game

87c3460b44abe76e8b683e1c888ad6f1o.png

Last edited:

DemonKing

Arcane
I bought this on sale and decided to start with Claire because Leon's hair makes me LOL. I guess Racoon City must be in an open carry state because she starts the game cycling down the freeway with a sidearm strapped to her waist.

Is the RE1 remake good too? I've never played an RE game before this but enjoyed the demo and picked it up once the price dropped to a reasonable level.

Last edited:

Wunderbar

Arcane
The tank controls are optional in REmake so that shouldn't be a limiting factor.
game was built with tank controls in mind, switching to a modern control scheme will make it confusing since your character will instantly turn back on change of camera angle.
Plus it breaks the difficulty by making it piss easy to dodge zombies.

oldbonebrown

Arcane
The tank controls are optional in REmake so that shouldn't be a limiting factor.
game was built with tank controls in mind, switching to a modern control scheme will make it confusing since your character will instantly turn back on change of camera angle.

The character keeps going in the same direction regardless of camera changes as long as you hold the stick still. I thought it played almost flawlessly with the modern controls, only in two rooms with unusual camera turns did it cause me real problems.
It sure made the game easier, but after getting used to it I found it was too pleasant to give up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom