Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Old Hans

Arcane
Support for controllers and coop gameplay. He is doing DOS3 or BG3?
this aint the 1970s anymore grandma. people like to use controllers for their IBM desktop home computers

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Swen said they will show gameplay before next E3. If they want to present it at a big show, The Game Awards next week is the only one. (Well sure there are smaller ones like GDC and probably EGX Rezzed and PAX, but eh.)

Old Hans

Arcane
Swen said they will show gameplay before next E3. If they want to present it at a big show, The Game Awards next week is the only one. (Well sure there are smaller ones like GDC and probably EGX Rezzed and PAX, but eh.)
I hope when he shows it off he uses a controller & looks at the camera and says "HEY S0rcererV1ct0r THIS AIN'T THE 1970's ANYMORE, GET WITH THE PROGRAM!"

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
this aint the 1970s anymore grandma. people like to use controllers for their IBM desktop home computers

Controllers are fine for melee action games like souls and series. But for tactical games, they just doesn't work.

I really wanna see the PF:KM port to console. How a wizard or even a sorcerer gameplay would be like...

vonAchdorf

Arcane

He will troll us by showing everything but combat.

Old Hans

Arcane

Controllers are fine for melee action games like souls and series. But for tactical games, they just doesn't work.

I really wanna see the PF:KM port to console. How a wizard or even a sorcerer gameplay would be like...
I used to play the old gold box pool of radiance with an atari controller. my dad saw that and he said "why not use the keyroad?" and I said "its 1988 gets with the times, old man"

Mortmal

Arcane
From my experience at least half of the people butthurt about 5e is because "mages aren't as ridiculous as before and I actually need to play some other class to be OP as fuck? WORST SHIT EVER!"
Meh in most new RPG games using spells is like gimping yourself compared to auto attack monsters you can build, I would appreciate some OP mages for once
Wizards in 5E still bring ton of utility exactly like previous editions , grease, fly , rituals, you shouldn't see them as pure damage dealer. A pen and paper scenario is not supposed to be full combat. They would only seem weak on a computer game.

S.torch

Arbiter
DoS2 system is already broken, so saying that is an improvement "over DoS2" doesn't talk too well about DnD. And there is nothing good about WoTC "supervising" the story or anything of the game.

Atchodas

Augur
Wizards in 5E still bring ton of utility exactly like previous editions , grease, fly , rituals, you shouldn't see them as pure damage dealer. A pen and paper scenario is not supposed to be full combat. They would only seem weak on a computer game.

Best utility is dead enemies tho :|

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

He will troll us by showing everything but combat.

Well he also said the first thing they will show is its combat system.

(That said I'm being prepared for another shot film about the great adventure of Swen the Shining Knight.)

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well he also said the first thing they will show is its combat system.

(That said I'm being prepared for another shot film about the great adventure of Swen the Shining Knight.)
LESS T_T - I mean no offense, but given your reputation for posting news, every time you post in this thread my heart skips a beat thinking you might post some real news about the game - and so I know you're all cool and awesome and all, but please stop playing with my pulse.

Thank you.

Elex

Arbiter
That's fine, DnD ruleset will improve the gameplay and maybe we will get some decent story because Wizards of the coast supervision.
luckly the have put mike mearls on the job.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
French get all the credit for fries
I am really curious about that. I have noticed in the most places they are just called fried potato and nobody really cares about the french. Do you call them that because they were imported to america by the french or what? Also do UK people also call them that? It is very simple meal and it is one of those things that were universally invented by people that got potato in their meals. I assume that it is called that because the French are the gateway for englishmen in to Europa.

PS:Belgium is not a country.

Swigen

Arbiter
British call them “chips”. Us ‘murcans call them “French Fries” ‘cause we find the French tasteless, and easy to squish.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I am really curious about that. I have noticed in the most places they are just called fried potato and nobody really cares about the french. Do you call them that because they were imported to america by the french or what? Also do UK people also call them that? It is very simple meal and it is one of those things that were universally invented by people that got potato in their meals. I assume that it is called that because the French are the gateway for englishmen in to Europa.
In Bongland they call them chips.

Yeah, Americans only knew of them from their dealings with France. As Wikipedia puts it
Thomas Jefferson had "potatoes served in the French manner" at a White House dinner in 1802.[13][14] The expression "french fried potatoes" first occurred in print in English in the 1856 work Cookery for Maids of All Work by E. Warren: "French Fried Potatoes. – Cut new potatoes in thin slices, put them in boiling fat, and a little salt; fry both sides of a light golden brown colour; drain."

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
In Sweden they are called fried potatoes, but in French.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom