Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Doktor Best

Arcane
Thanks for boiling the thing down. Saved me some precious minutes.

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I was just obvious observation, especially jugging how CDPR developers looks like.

kJyUbBS.png

With such ugly bitches, no wonder the CEO has aged so prematurely.

tnxye68q4h141.jpg

If only stupidity and malignancy here on the codex, spat out from safety of anonymity, will give the same illness that "ugly bitch" had, this place would become a lot more civil.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I was just obvious observation, especially jugging how CDPR developers looks like.

kJyUbBS.png

With such ugly bitches, no wonder the CEO has aged so prematurely.

tnxye68q4h141.jpg

If only stupidity and malignancy here on the codex, spat out from safety of anonymity, will give the same illness that "ugly bitch" had, this place would become a lot more civil.

Lead by example: Get Cancer!

Not really. Just get off your high horse.

Last edited:

Doktor Best

Arcane
The librul safe space is over at GD.

It is not a librul trait to despise malice and social degeneracy. In fact, civility was the main virtue of conservatism for centuries. Speak like that in public some decades ago and you would have been whipped.

It is obvious that the devs in those videos are propped up in "cyberpunk" fashion with these fancy yellow jackets and questionable hairstyles, which is of course silly pandering. But taking every chance to thrash any woman on sight as "ugly bitch" tells me that the nihilistic demeanor the new right likes to accuse the left of is a bilateral driving force.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The librul safe space is over at GD.

It is not a librul trait to despise malice and social degeneracy. In fact, civility was the main virtue of conservatism for centuries. Speak like that in public some decades ago and you would have been whipped.

It is obvious that the devs in those videos are propped up in "cyberpunk" fashion with these fancy yellow jackets and questionable hairstyles, which is of course silly pandering. But taking every chance to thrash any woman on sight as "ugly bitch" tells me that the nihilistic demeanor the new right likes to accuse the left of is a bilateral driving force.

People say stupid things when they are bored and there are no news about the game.

Corporate events from the last month.

This week some of our teammates attended a powerful #IamRemarkable workshop organized by Google. Now, they’ll pass on what they learned about celebrating one’s achievements to everyone #insideRED and beyond!

Last week was dedicated to a Breast Cancer Awareness campaign in our studio – over these past few days, we had various lectures and workshops about self-care, breast ultrasound exams, and individual bra-fitting sessions! ️

It’s #MOVEMBER… …and so is a moustache season in our studios! Last week we kicked off a dedicated campaign with ultrasound, on-site barbers and awareness workshops for all our ‘mo’ growers. #insideRED

Looks like re-education is in full swing.

Darkzone

Arcane
The use of vulgar manners and language is not a social degeneracy. I recommed for you to look up the degerenacy theory and the Calhoun experiment.
"Speak like that in public some decades ago and you would have been whipped." Tell this to Goethe in his Götz von Berlichingen where he rebelled against the writing romanticism norms and stated that writes should write as the language is really spoken. And therefore he let his Goetz say: But he, tell him, he can lick me in the ass! (known as the swabian salute)
Conservatism (the movement of uphold of social values, norms and organisation, against new revolutionary political theories and praxis) and civility are only on pair if it was part of the society before.
From wikipedia:
The self-designation "conservative" was originally based on the roman terms conservator rei publicae and conservator populi ( Sustainer of the state, maintainer of the people ), which was understood as averting a dangerous, destructive situation or tendency.

Duells are in common understanding not a form of civility, but were long time an integral part of manhood and western societies as a repercussion of not civility.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
The use of vulgar manners and language is not a social degeneracy. I recommed for you to look up the degerenacy theory and the Calhoun experiment.
"Speak like that in public some decades ago and you would have been whipped." Tell this to Goethe in his Götz von Berlichingen where he rebelled against the writing romanticism norms and stated that writes should write as the language is really spoken. And therefore he let his Goetz say: But he, tell him, he can lick me in the ass! (known as the swabian salute)
Conservatism (the movement of uphold of social values, norms and organisation, against new revolutionary political theories and praxis) and civility are only on pair if it was part of the society before.
From wikipedia:
The self-designation "conservative" was originally based on the roman terms conservator rei publicae and conservator populi ( Sustainer of the state, maintainer of the people ), which was understood as averting a dangerous, destructive situation or tendency.

Duells are in common understanding not a form of civility, but were long time an integral part of manhood and western societies as a repercussion of not civility.

what a bunch of pretentious bullshit.
it's all but too simple: frustrated jerks in RL run their putrid mouths and spill their gratuitous venom on the internets because : <insert here any "cry me a river" reason> + because stupid boorish parents.

Thank you.
Now assume the position and suck the cock of my high horse.
This time around you can even stand up while sucking and spare your busted knees.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
From wikipedia:

what a bunch of pretentious bullshit.
it's all but too simple: frustrated jerks in RL run their putrid mouths and spill their gratuitous venom on the internets because : <insert here any "cry me a river" reason> + because stupid boorish parents.

Thank you.
Now assume the position and suck the cock of my high horse.
This time around you can even stand up while sucking and spare your busted knees.

Wow, did you shaved your mustache or what? :)

Danikas

Arcane
vknforl258241.png

Part of the map, that circle on the island is probably the corporate center.
The source is "The World of Cyberpunk 2077 deluxe edition" on Amazon Japan.

Map from Cyberpunk 2020 sourcebook.
M8prSeZ.jpg

Metro map from gameplay.
4lnt4zbar4611.jpg

Last edited:

S.torch

Arbiter
The use of vulgar manners and language is not a social degeneracy.

Obviously in the past people were not using pretty words all the time, but they used insults and profane words when it was required. Insulting just because was considered to be disgusting even in the lower classes.

Goethe in his Götz von Berlichingen where he rebelled against the writing romanticism norms

Goethe was one of the main inspirations to german romanticism.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Pacifica is red and blurry as shit. Plus it seems to have roads/lanes that lead to nowhere.

Pacifica will either be a blocked off section aka GTA-style, or... more likely Pacifica will be a new faction or quest related DLC. I'm calling it, so if I'm right just donate some shekels to the foundation or cause of your choice.

Danikas

Arcane
Pacifica is red and blurry as shit. Plus it seems to have roads/lanes that lead to nowhere.

Pacifica will either be a blocked off section aka GTA-style, or... more likely Pacifica will be a new faction or quest related DLC. I'm calling it, so if I'm right just donate some shekels to the foundation or cause of your choice.
Its red because its a combat zone taken over by gangs, metro line is non functional and how can it be a dlc when they just showcased entire demo taking place there :hmmm:?

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane

Its red because its a combat zone taken over by gangs, metro line is non functional and how can it be a dlc when they just showcased entire demo taking place there :hmmm:?

I minored in knowledge database 101 in college. Majored in asking too many fucking questions. Now I have one less. Thanks.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron

Stakes at CDPR were probably raised to an unholy level, around about here:

May 29, 2011 - President Obama, on a tour of Europe this week, stopped in Poland today to meet with Prime Minister Donald Tusk. As is customary, Tusk presented Obama with several gifts to commemorate his visit. One of those was the collector's edition of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings.

...Poor Marcin. He won't fail Poland, even if it kills him.

Obama, that fucking prick. Lol.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member

May 29, 2011 - President Obama, on a tour of Europe this week, stopped in Poland today to meet with Prime Minister Donald Tusk. As is customary, Tusk presented Obama with several gifts to commemorate his visit. One of those was the collector's edition of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings.

Just another sacrifice in the process of Making Poland Great Again. Just one of many.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Just another sacrifice in the process of Making Poland Great Again. Just one of many.
Thanks Obama

Darkzone

Arcane
The use of vulgar manners and language is not a social degeneracy.
Obviously in the past people were not using pretty words all the time, but they used insults and profane words when it was required. Insulting just because was considered to be disgusting even in the lower classes.
Hmmm. Yes-No. Everyone insulted everybody, but only the Jester insutled the King (if you count in telling the undesired truth, critique, parody and mocking as an insult and this is why in german the term Narrenfreiheit exists).
The higher classes insulted only more verbose and eloqutent, while the lower classes insulted more mundane. Nevertheless insulting was viewed as godless behavior, since it is written that you should not do it in the bible.
I propose to you to read about Cyrano de Bergerac and not only the novel from 1897, but also the verses that the real man spelled out. Intelligent people insult in an intelligent manner, stupid people insult in a stupid manner. But the problem is how should an intelligent man insult a stupid man in an intelligent manner, so that the stupid will understand this?

Goethe in his Götz von Berlichingen where he rebelled against the writing romanticism norms
Goethe was one of the main inspirations to german romanticism.
It is nice that you know this, but that does not invalidate my statement about Goethes intention.
Sturm und Drang (1765-1785) was the an early stage and the precursor to early german romanticism (Frühromantik) (1795-1804). Sturm und Drang was rebellious against tradition, authority and deprecated moral values, while the German Romanticism was more directed inward as the Sturm and Drang period has "failed in its rebelion". And despite that the criticism against norms still remained in romanticism, but was directed towards normal functional values, like diligence and precision or punctuality.
I should point here out that the swabian salute was still not printed in the early reprints (at least 60 years). And Goethe used the swabian salute, because the real Götz has written it down in his autobiography. People were always swearing and coursing, but the view of many people is obscured due to the fact that it is less represented in past writings due to the euphemistic writing norms.

Götz von Berlichingen (1773) and Die Leiden des jungen Werthers (1774), which is attributed as the spark for later german romaticism (besides Schiller's Die Räuber), because of the rework and reprint in 1787, are written just one year apart.

Now think why i have give you a brofist, while Grotesque received from me a shit rating.

Edit:
I have forgotten to mention that Mozart wrote a canon "Leck mich im Arsch" in 1782, but it was not published during his lifetime and the text was later changed by the publisher to "Lasst froh uns sein". The original text from Mozart was rediscovered in 1991. Another awkward canon, which text was changed by Mozart, is "Leck mir den Arsch fein recht schön sauber". And who has not forgotten "Bona nox!"
So much for the "culture" of the greatest german / austrian komponist Mozart (his father was also known for such a language).

A few insults and retard tags a day, keeps the SJWs away.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
vknforl258241.png

Part of the map, that circle on the island is probably the corporate center.
The source is "The World of Cyberpunk 2077 deluxe edition" on Amazon Japan.
Is that the whole game world? Because that's fucking pathetic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom