Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Everquest: Project 1999

shidder

Novice
www.project1999.com

Actual good MMO in 2019, if you have no job or family or any other responsibilities.

I'm currently grinding in Upper Guk on my cute&quirky High Elf Wizard.

shidder

Novice
i have none but i'd rather have sex with angela merkel than playing a mmo from that era again.

Almost everything about it is terrible but somehow I still played 40 hours last week.

The problem with all private EQ servers is that most users are multiboxing, which kills the spirit of the game.

P99 bans boxers, thankfully. I've been playing a ton since their new "Green" server launched and have only seen one obvious boxer.

shidder

Novice
Really? That's great news.

What's the current population on that server?

The two "classic" servers, Green and Teal, have ~1-1.2k each at peak times. It was a single server but was split because of congestion in the lower level zones. Supposedly they'll be merged around the time that Kunark is added.

Gregz

Arcane
Really? That's great news.

What's the current population on that server?

The two "classic" servers, Green and Teal, have ~1-1.2k each at peak times. It was a single server but was split because of congestion in the lower level zones. Supposedly they'll be merged around the time that Kunark is added.

Sounds good. Are peak times USA, euro, or evenly distributed?

Beastro

Arcane
Thread shoulda been made 10 years ago.

Red99 is sadly funny still. I checked back on the forum there a few months back and still, after all these fucking years the forumwarriors are still not only trading the same old barbs but also continuing to demand that the server be wiped so they can get their chance to zerg at the beginning to become top guild, fail and whine for it to wiped again.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Been thinking about EverQuest classic lately looking for a hardcore experience but once I logged into the P99 server and saw the EQ graphics for the first time that looked like they were from 30 years ago instead of merely 20, I got the willies and logged off. I generally need at least the most rudimentary of textures for first person perspective games set in colorful fantasy worlds otherwise it feels creepy. Are the HD texture packs for this any good? Will they sooth my sore eyes and psyche?

Gregz

Arcane
laf3fu79d3o51.jpg

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Btw, I noticed a strange quirk with EverQuest P99 and the Windows 10 Pro 2004 update - it murders framerates. I went from a constant and smooth 60 FPS at 1920 X 1080 (vsync on with my 60Hz Vizio TV) to as low as 35 FPS with 2004 update. I heard some games like Forza Horizon 3 won't even launch if you have the 2004 upgrade. Conclusion: DO NOT UPDATE YOUR WINDOWS 10 BUILD TO 2004! This has been a public service announcement.

Norfleet

"recommend me an MMO that doesn't suck" is a recurring question in any non-MMO gaming communities.
Because those people are asking the wrong question. All MMOs suck. Finding the right MMO is not about finding one which does not suck, because this doesn't exist, but about finding the flavor of suck that you are most comfortable with.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom