Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Efe

Erudite
its the iconic paladin for pathfinder.. means jack shit..

mondblut

Arcane
I suspect that nobody really cares about their generic not-Forgotten-Realms setting full of stronky female protagonists wearing field plate burqas and borderline anime illustrations. Well, except for deuxhero I guess :lol:

I don't disagree with you, but was just telling the guy the reason why people in the Codex don't have interest in resolving the puzzle. Though PF don't have anime illustrations at all, they use a very outdated and akward looking western style.

"Borderline anime" is shorter than "stupid deviantart-tier cartoon style that looks cheap and retarded".

but with PF the tendency has changed.

Is not like the last version of DnD is any different.

Does DnD even have settings anymore? I thought their business model nowadays is printing one book of random rule additions a year and having some morons play it on youtube to attract easily impressed children. The rest is outsourced to poor DM Guild sods.

deuxhero

Arcane
I point out that Seelah, as one of the iconics for the core classes, is actually in quite a few APs. Curse of the Crimson Throne, Carrion Crown, Council of Thieves, Mummy's Mask and Tyrants Grasp off a quick look (and likely more).

Still, looking increasingly like they went from one of the best APs to one of the worst.

If it's a second game, nice! I'd love for Owlcat to improve upon Kingmaker. Out of the RPG renaissance games, Kingmaker was the only one I liked. And baring a true successor to the highly moddable and multiplayer focused content of Neverwinter Nights this would be highly anticipated from me.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Please, no iconic companions.

:negative:

Amiri was bearable, but that was lightning in a bottle. A bold, but complex and respectful representation of mentally handicaped woman trying to overcome her disability.

deuxhero

Arcane
Seelah has a good backstory and that's kinda it for her. She's literally has no personality given on her pregen sheet. Let me read the core pregens and tell you what personality they're assigned on just their one page stats block:
Barbarian: "Competitive and brash"
Bard: Optimism and humor as mask for the guilt that he accidentally killed his fellow slaves when trying to save them.
Cleric: Second worst, but implies she's a fanatic.
Druid: "eccentric"
Fighter: "Noble at heart, and fiercely loyal to his friends, Valeros nevertheless hides such sentiments under a jaded and crass demeanor"
Monk: Since he was raised in a monastery, everything is new to him. Honor before reason (but not before family).
Ranger: "A gruff, taciturn loner" (who always hangs out with three to five randomly determined friends...). Hates giants. Tea addict.
Rogue: Lives in the moment. Avoids lasting ties. "open and expressive, always on the move"
Sorcerer: "meticulous", either "detail oriented" or "control freak" depending on prospective, keeps her emotions bottled up
Paladin: Nothing!

razvedchiki

Erudite
I point out that Seelah, as one of the iconics for the core classes, is actually in quite a few APs. Curse of the Crimson Throne, Carrion Crown, Council of Thieves, Mummy's Mask and Tyrants Grasp off a quick look (and likely more).

Still, looking increasingly like they went from one of the best APs to one of the worst.

rise or wrath are bad?

Efe

Erudite
hopefully that makes for a better story since not much will be forced on them

deuxhero

Arcane

rise or wrath are bad?
Wrath of the Righteous is bad.

For reference, these APs are considered to have serious core problems (not all equal levels of bad):
Second Darkness (Elves are assholes. Help them anyways. Relies on twist dependent upon lying to players* that won't work on anyone who has experience with future PF publications), Council of Thieves (at least as a whole. The AP is notorious for changing to a completely different plot half-way), Legacy of Fire (I forget the exacts beyond that it's not even a full AP since they purposefully included XP gaps as an experiment to allow sidequests), Serpent's Skull (I forget the exact reasons), Jade Regent (broken subsystems, and an east Asia based AP that doesn't actually reach Asia till halfway through.) Shattered Star (Pure Dungeon Crawl, though not necessarily bad dungeon crawl), Wrath of the Righteous (as mentioned in thread), Giantslayer (1: Kill orcs 2: Kill giants 3: Kill more giants 4: Hey kids, do you like killing giants?), Ruins of Azlant (Turns out underwater adventures are rare for a reason. The first three parts, which have minimal underwater, are actually good but like CoT it completely changes plot in second half), War for Crown (You know how Marvel's Civil War comics had no idea what was actually in the act everyone was fighting over? Yeah, it's kinda like that since they never decided on if Taldor hates women or if it was just that only men can be Emperor and every book goes with something different. Not even the player's guide is sure!), Tyrant's Grasp (horrible disjointed mess that tries to do a genre 3E D&D is horribly unsuited for. Railroads to allow big new threat of 2E PF to survive. Of all APs this one seems to get the most open disdain, but that may just be because it's the newest and a terrible send off.)

That's not to say all of those are completely unsalavagable, but none are the best.

Drow don't exist. Surprise, they actually do and the elves have been covering it up! PF has printed a bunch of Drow stuff afterwards so it's unlikely people haven't been exposed.

The rest tend to have positive reviews or are, at least, just meh overall with no one notable problem.

Last edited:

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria

rise or wrath are bad?
Wrath

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's Wrath of the Righteous, guys. The big sword is a dead giveaway. The demon that wields it resides in the Worldwound only. The demon is called Khorramzadeh. Here's the picture of Khorramzadeh I posted earlier in the thread:

Attachments

• Khorramzadeh-the-Storm-King-forma-real.jpg
    Khorramzadeh-the-Storm-King-forma-real.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 411

Shadenuat

Arcane
mm city adventure, catacombs with demons, crusaders, fallen monastery?

...are they following my Diablo playthroughs??

or maybe they were tired of everyone saying Paladin is worst class in PK

RegionalHobo

Scholar
i just find it hard to believe muh demons make good villains.

for generic high fantasy, Nyrissa and the Eldest + all the minor villains were pretty good

for that alone i hope it s not wrath, even thou the dev spoil/discord thing seem more real by the day

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom