Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Only picked up Soul Calibur 6.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/app/312980/Graviteam_Tactics_MiusFront/

this is an essential wargaming classic, but it is expensive if you want *all* the DLC

You can set fuse timing for off-map artillery shells? That's pretty autistic even by wargame standards :lol:

well, graivteam *are* pretty much the ukrainian masters of computer wargaming. the quality of their games is comparable to the combat mission series. all of their games are absurdly deep, atmospheric, and detailed: this appeals to dumbass rivet counters like me

Endemic

Arcane
Well, graivteam *are* pretty much the ukrainian masters of computer wargaming. the quality of their games is comparable to the combat mission series. all of their games are absurdly deep, atmospheric, and detailed: this appeals to dumbass rivet counters like me

Great for scenario design, but not a decision a local commander would be making in WW2 :P

I liked the idea of a more modern scenario with this level of detail (https://store.steampowered.com/app/326391/Graviteam_Tactics_Shield_of_the_Prophet/) but its for Operation Star which is an older version of the engine... :(

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Rebellion brings back their old games on Steam.

Gunlok (2000):

ss_ea4fabaf1a098ab9298fb8579538afc864fd524a.600x338.jpg
ss_dfde9ecdf48f09fc5048aa7c3571e80baaddd63a.600x338.jpg

(Taka-Haradin puolipeikko I see this game is in your thread for commercially unavailable games.)

Free Running (2007):

ss_0bea3128d27ed59df6d001cb227711c0ae583892.600x338.jpg
ss_47251d83a130405b3c6a4871058c2306c8fb8221.600x338.jpg

World War Zero (2002/2005):

ss_c5d309b51a55a8aa8ba79d27bcd8da38216dd7d6.600x338.jpg
ss_8bdfa17906e7b228125ad6fa73366e72523fffc1.600x338.jpg

I guess The Bitmap Brothers catalog (which Rebellion has acquired recently) will follow.

Latelistener

Arcane
Halo Reach is up, I like the content warning on the description

MATURE CONTENT DESCRIPTION
The developers describe the content like this:

FPS

EnragedPoliticalArchaeocete-size_restricted.gif
The port is so broken and rushed for Christmas sales they didn't have time for anything.

Visual settings in the game are: "Performance", "Original" and "Enhanced" and the sound is fucked up completely.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Knights of the Temple: Infernal Crusade, Starbreeze's 2004 action game, re-released on Steam by bitComposer:

ss_39e45039342430f11d8af0cc8123159df4560ba3.600x338.jpg
ss_e49d8c0dd4ccbe886a5a372ea5727fd6229edf1a.600x338.jpg

This title has already been published in 2004 and was considered the highlight of the year at the time. Now it is available on Steam for the very first time.
You are Paul de Raque, a Knight Templar on a journey to the Holy Land with the goal to reunite with his Order in Jerusalem. But you are more than just a common crusader - you are on a holy mission. The future of the world and all mankind rests on your shoulders…
Using the weapons of a medieval knight you must fight your enemies, humans and demons alike, to prevent unspeakable evil from being victorious and hell from conquering earth.
You fight against the hordes of darkness with sword, axe, bow and shield. Your crusade leads you through Europe and the Holy Land, against warriors, assassins and minions of hell. You must thwart the dark plans of evil at all costs and find a sacred relic from ancient times.
The focus of the game is on the battle with authentic weapons of Medieval Times in the dark world of the 12th century, which was painstakingly recreated with great effort in graphic design and detail.

• Compete against over 40 different enemies and form new alliances with important allies in the fight against evil. Only you have the power to save humanity!
  • Explore 14 levels of the Dark Ages, ranging from tranquil monasteries and villages to exotic bazaars and the strongholds of the Crusaders under the blazing sun of the Holy Land!
  • Unravel the mysteries of two worlds: The realm of the living and the nightmarish world of demons and lost souls!
  • Use the heavily packed mediaeval armory: sword, mace, axe and shield are just some of the loyal companions you can rely on during your journey!
  • Battle fiercely with fair and unfair tricks and capture all the drama and excitement of medieval combat!
  • Master archery and strike down your enemies from a great distance!
  • Solve a variety of puzzles and remove any obstacles you may encounter on your journey that may make it harder to reach your ultimate goal!
  • The dynamic ability system allows for the creation of a customized player character without unnecessary shifting of numbers and arithmetic.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Another obscure and curious re-release. X-Team, a 2008 "role-playing strategy with a non-linear narrative" inspired by "the legendary XCOM, Fallout, Rage of Mages and Dungeon Siege", from Ukraine developer N-Game Studios

ss_26d26cfb4328e980c62673e8ecd32edb170b1aa9.600x338.jpg
ss_35cf6bdc5246f21d4a65d3b822b5dc76de619c07.600x338.jpg

X-Team - a classic mix of role-playing game and strategy, inspired by the legendary XCOM, Fallout, Rage of Mages and Dungeon Siege.

In 2010, the Earth was attacked by hordes of aggressive aliens - Sarts. The resistance of disparate armies was broken in a matter of hours. Survivors formed the Earth Alliance to jointly combat the Invasion. But, in the new organization, there is still no unity. Some of the leaders of the Alliance are ready to sacrifice the destiny of all mankind for personal ambitions. And the motives of the aliens are also not as simple as it seems at first glance...

You are an operative of the squad X-Team, the main strike force of the Earth Alliance. Gather your team and defeat the aliens. Conduct your own investigation and find out the true goals of both the Sarts and the Earth Alliance.

X-Team is:
  • Ultimate mix of role-playing game and strategy. Form a squad of heroes, each of which has his own biography, abilities, and skills. Upgrade the characters' skills, find new weapons and equipment for them to fight more efficiently. Build your base, train infantry, and produce military vehicles for large-scale battles with the enemy!
  • Balanced role-playing system: three classes of characters, nine specializations, dozens of abilities. Characteristics of the characters directly affect the style of the game. Assault enemy positions with a machine gun at the ready or act stealthily using camouflage and sniper weapons. Become an engineer, a physician or a mysterious paranorm - each of the classes has its own advantages and weaknesses.
  • Completely non-linear narrative. A difficult moral choice awaits you: become the savior of mankind or its enslaver. Complete quests convenient for you. Help survivors or cynically use them for your own purposes.
  • A large and eventful world. You have to fight with alien invaders in different countries and continents, in Africa, Europe, Russia, and the United States. In each mission, you are expected to meet with impressive characters, many of whom are willing to share valuable information or give out quests.

...And also a large arsenal of weapons and equipment, dozens of characters to talk to, unexpected plot twists, insidious enemies and many other features!

And look at that appid is 6 digit. The app slot was created in 2014.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
Another obscure and curious re-release. X-Team, a 2008 "role-playing strategy with a non-linear narrative" inspired by "the legendary XCOM, Fallout, Rage of Mages and Dungeon Siege", from Ukraine developer N-Game Studios

wow, i remember hearing about this game years ago after researching enigma engine games. the iteration that blitzkrieg 2 uses, which is what this game uses, was originally developed for arcadey, beer-and-pretzels RTS games, so i wonder how it'll hold up here

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom