Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

TwoEdge

Scholar
So, one new race, oracle, witch, six mythic paths and new archetypes. Good, good, no information on new prestige classes, though.

cw8

Cipher
So basically Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 with mythic classes.

9e9.gif

Hope Deep Silver has no claws in the games any longer.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Companions on that thumbnail look a little shit, but I'll give owlcat the benefit of the doubt that they'll turn out ok.

jungl

Augur
so instead of killing trolls in forest maps you'll be fighting demon trolls in diablo wasteland maps? Yawn sounds so fun. Look they leaked the DLC for the sequel. Look like its facing demon invasion in asian part of pathfinder world. https://youtu.be/Qz05DAfQ_Ec

So what exactly is there to look forward too about this advenure module?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Some things i hope they address:

- less generic copy pasted area on the map. Just cut the amount of area but fill the ones that don't get cut with more interesting stuff.

- tone down the trash combat.

- i dont think there is gimmick kingdom mechanics in there, but if there are any make them more interesting

deuxhero

Arcane
So, one new race, oracle, witch, six mythic paths and new archetypes. Good, good, no information on new prestige classes, though.

Prestige classes in PF are almost all "dual advancement" (Combine two different classes, like how Eldritch Knight combines fighter and wizard) or crap. The dual advancement classes that aren't yet in (Arcane Archer and Rage Prophet) don't do anything super interesting and are hardly something to lead an announcement with. The limited few that aren't have very restricted in fluff (member of an obscure academy in the middle of not-African jungle, Hellknight in an AP where the required edicts go against the plot) or for classes that can't be implemented easily (Battle Herald and Mammoth Rider are both for Cavalier, the mounted combat focused class).

TwoEdge

Scholar

Prestige classes in PF are almost all "dual advancement" (Combine two different classes, like how Eldritch Knight combines fighter and wizard) or crap. The dual advancement classes that aren't yet in (Arcane Archer and Rage Prophet) don't do anything super interesting and are hardly something to lead an announcement with. The limited few that aren't have very restricted in fluff (member of an obscure academy in the middle of not-African jungle, Hellknight in an AP where the required edicts go against the plot) or for classes that can't be implemented easily (Battle Herald and Mammoth Rider are both for Cavalier, the mounted combat focused class).
I raise this point because they seem eager to make the game more reactive to race/class choices besides combat mechanics and there's potential there from a storytelling perspective. Also, crap or not, I'd love to see the Shadowdancer realized and I do miss the Arcane Archer.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Very excited for this new game.

Kingmaker got me by surprise, it was pretty good, solid experience with lots of incline and fun, so I believe in these guys. They can deliver again and I wish them all luck in the world.

And, wow, $1M is a lot of money for a Russian company.

rotgrub

Novice
I GMed this AP for the tabletop and I'm hyped.

It will be cool if there are some armies-on-a-map wargame aspects that dynamically interact with "zooming in to the action" adventures. Hopefully we don't get economic minigames and that they focus on the war.

Out of all Pathfinder APs I think this is the most straightforward and hype-making. I'm excited and I hope this does well commercially. Baldur's Gate has the name recognition and legacy, but will it deliver? And if BG3 incorporates 5th Edition it will definitely be lower-powered than the demigods you can be using PF Mythic rules.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
even though some encounters were nicely composed to offer a challenge, most of the times they just... were also a bit out of context. Here take 2 of these monsters, 3 of that, 4 of the others. Good encounter, hard. I hope they try to properly theme and "flesh" the game out this time.

OK, here is the alternative: Here is a battle with a spider. Here is a battle with TWO spiders! Here is a battle with three spiders. Now here is a battle with four spiders. And here is a battle with FIVE spiders. And for the boss battle, here is a huge ass spider!

Or maybe we could mix it up and place the five spiders before the four spiders, just to mess with the player's mind.

Is that what you would find fun to play? Unless you have something else in mind that I do not understand.

BG2 did not have very thematic placement of enemies either, btw. Because thematic placement of enemies is boring.
Indeed, they should have made the lore about fighting an organization that breeds and raises diverse pokemons.

Thonius

Arcane

Kingmaker got me by surprise, it was pretty good, solid experience with lots of incline and fun, so I believe in these guys. They can deliver again and I wish them all luck in the world.

They got one mil from investor. Something from mail.ru and I think we can expect Kickstarter. Also if BG3 will be in Hell lmao...

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

They got one mil from investor. Something from mail.ru and I think we can expect Kickstarter. Also if BG3 will be in Hell lmao...

I have the impression that Pathfinder will be released before BG3

Owlcat to Larian, on releasing another crpg in Hell:

giphy.gif

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I think its a good pick for a CRPG, main problem with the module for tabletop was the mythic abilities made the game a cakewalk.

jungl

Augur
man mythic levels look really boring. I mean all they add is 3-5 hp and only useful ability they have is extra attack or quick cast a spell. So it plays out exactly like kingmaker but instead of attacking a dumb green troll in a forest you fighting a mythic dumb meaner red troll with a plate over its abodemen in a diablo wasteland. This troll that 30 more base hp and 2 DR. Now you can click a icon for extra a attack or to quick summon those skeletons lol.

Baldurs gate 2 epic levels are more fun. They are going have to rework a lot of things and add cool graphics to make this feature actually feel like a feature and not shit.

Thonius

Arcane
First they came for Obsidian and I did not speak up because they made POE2 , then they went for Larian and I did not speak up, because DOS1-2 suck.... :^)
About major patch - discord. Devs told "one major maybe few small and hotfixes".
man mythic levels look really boring
They redesigned mythic rules. They are adding 6 new mythic including trickster (joker?), lich and angel.

pomenitul

Arbiter
Some things i hope they address:

- less generic copy pasted area on the map. Just cut the amount of area but fill the ones that don't get cut with more interesting stuff.

- tone down the trash combat.

- i dont think there is gimmick kingdom mechanics in there, but if there are any make them more interesting

In addition to that, emend the writing and voice acting, implement a modicum of atmosphere, redraw the infantile character models and mute the overall colour scheme. Then and only then will I consider boarding the hype train.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom