Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I have missed a lot. Wow so next game has been announced?! Cool! I can't wait for it. Let's see if they introduce a harder difficulty than unfair. Mythic is going to make unfair super easy :P

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Wait, what the fuck does this mean?!
Alexander Mishulin, creative director : "We learned a lot from the launch of the Pathfinder: Kingmaker. Now we are making a lot of effort to make sure the game will be released far more polished. A lot of issues came from the fact that the player has a lot of choices in the game, and some of those choices (especially ones that are set apart by 20-30 hours of gameplay) tend to interact in the ways that we didn’t predict"

Mishulin also described additional tools that have been created to help level designers “follow the entire decision tree to make sure the team appropriately addresses all branches."

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
“In the Wrath of the Righteous we want to keep the best parts of the mix of strategic and RPG experiences," Mishulin told me. "Make it slightly deeper, with a better connection to the core experience and tailored to the story of the Wrath of the Righteous. And of course, we will be listening to our fans to make this system even more enjoyable.”

This system will let you pick from six different Mythics, including a mischievous trickster, an immortal lich

Immortal lich + kingdom management = enslaving nations with necromancy confirmed?

Thonius

Arcane
No more spaghetti code, but a robust, I hope, system designed to track C&C and give correct outcome. More Q/A.
I'm kinda concerned about self publishing. Who will give $ to journos?

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Strangely, they released a press release today about the $1M funding but not about the new game: https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pres..._1M_from_GEM_Capital_in_project_financing.php

Moscow, December 04, 2019 - Owlcat Games and GEM Capital are happy to confirm that they have reached a deal to secure $1M funding for a new, undisclosed gaming project. MRGV, an investment arm of MY.GAMES, co-led the project financing. Owlcat Games announced its new status as an independent studio earlier this year (link).

Owlcat Games is a Moscow-based game studio that was founded by game industry veterans. Since its inception in 2016, Owlcat Games has built a strong reputation in the industry as a developer of role-playing games inspired by classic isometric RPGs. The studio’s first title, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, was released in September 2018. The game received positive reviews from players (90% is the latest review rating on Steam) and critics and has been chosen as Game of the Year by two of the most influential RPG communities – RPG Codex and RPGWatch.

GEM Capital was founded in 2016 as an international investment company with hundreds of millions USD under management. The company’s game development investment fund was established in 2019 with 20M USD allocation, and the venture capital firm has already invested in multiple studios.

“We believe in the huge potential of the Eastern European PC/console game development market, and we are proud to be working with Owlcat Games, backing the latest generation of up-and-coming gaming studios in the CIS,” said Roman Gurskiy, Head of Gaming Investments at GEM Capital.

"We have already moved to our new headquarters, where we are actively making ourselves a new home right now. There's a lot of work to be done but we're confident we can pull it off with support from MRGV and GEM Capital," said Oleg Shpilchevsky, Studio Head at Owlcat Games.
Where the fuck is the newspost you fucking Jew??

ChildInTime

Learned
Is this the first real RPG (no, Might and Magic doesn't count), that allows your MC to be a lich? I mean woven into the games storyline and all, not just some mod for abilities or appearance.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wait, what the fuck does this mean?!
Alexander Mishulin, creative director : "We learned a lot from the launch of the Pathfinder: Kingmaker. Now we are making a lot of effort to make sure the game will be released far more polished. A lot of issues came from the fact that the player has a lot of choices in the game, and some of those choices (especially ones that are set apart by 20-30 hours of gameplay) tend to interact in the ways that we didn’t predict"

Mishulin also described additional tools that have been created to help level designers “follow the entire decision tree to make sure the team appropriately addresses all branches."

Just like it says, Owlcat now has better tools for tracking your choices. They believe that will let them launch the new game with fewer bugs.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I'm enjoying pathfinder kangmaker with turn based mod, I hope wrath of righteous is 50 times better.

mondblut

Arcane
Is this the first real RPG (no, Might and Magic doesn't count), that allows your MC to be a lich? I mean woven into the games storyline and all, not just some mod for abilities or appearance.

Liches experience notorious difficulties with romancing, thus implementing them in a Real RPG with Storyline is out of the question.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Fane.jpg

Dodo1610

Arcane
Sooo me not knowing that pathfinder kingmaker existed before the game came out.....what is this setting all about? Is it any good?
Demons pouring from a hole and you and your crusader friends have to
deusvult.png
them. It's pretty much standard fantasy stuff.

Delterius

Arcane
Sooo me not knowing that pathfinder kingmaker existed before the game came out.....what is this setting all about? Is it any good?
Golarion is the worst possible version of forgotten realms but its ok if you ignore that other parts of it exist. For an example: kingmaker is a fun fantasy romp about creating your own kingdom. To its northwest there's a literal sci fi nation with a crashed spaceship and laser guns. We don't talk about that.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Golarion is the worst possible version of forgotten realms but its ok if you ignore that other parts of it exist. For an example: kingmaker is a fun fantasy romp about creating your own kingdom. To its northwest there's a literal sci fi nation with a crashed spaceship and laser guns. We don't talk about that.

Sounds like ELEX

Delterius

Arcane

Sounds like ELEX
Yeah but the wizards from spaceshipland have very powerful intellectual property laws that keep all the cyborg things from leaving the kingdom so its ok.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist

What is the best version of forgotten realms?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom