Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Dodo1610

Arcane
Paizo's franchise manager Mark Moreland said this on Reddit
Not particularly well in the PnP version, at least not without significant effort on the GM's part. This is being addressed in a really innovative way by the folks at Owlcat, and I'm excited to see how players react to the additions they're making to the overall plot to allow for evil PCs.

So it seems like Owlcat Games is making bigger chnages to the AP's story this time.

S.torch

Arbiter
In 2019 instead of expecting that the writing of the computer RPG is on the same level that the tabletop, you need to expect that the computer game has better writing than the tabletop.

What a time.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It gets better she was a man before and then drank an elixir to fully become a woman.
i long for the days when i thought the girdle of masculinity/femininity was simply a joke item instead of the tip of the iceberg of some really fucked up fetishes.
:abyssgazer:

Dnd was always people's magical realm but Wizards actually tried to keep that stuff under wraps. Now that we've achieved Clown World, all the degenerate idiots are free to force their shit not just on their immediate players but the whole wide world and if you don't like it you can fuck off you evil white male hetero Nazi.

Decent chance the Poz just turns out to be a fad. The suits thought there was big money in it a few years back (that drove Gamergate - it was about bullying devs) but the results are mixed at best.

The sad truth is that the people who drove nerd hobbies such as RPGs and video games have always been more or less left-leaning and sexually frustrated. The pozz and fetishism is coming from inside the industry.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
In 2019 instead of expecting that the writing of the computer RPG is on the same level that the tabletop, you need to expect that the computer game has better writing than the tabletop.

What a time.

Russian lit is all-time best. Rainbow Empire all-time worst. No contest.

The AP has a fat lesbi half-orc on the cover. Come on.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Paizo's franchise manager Mark Moreland said this on Reddit
Not particularly well in the PnP version, at least not without significant effort on the GM's part. This is being addressed in a really innovative way by the folks at Owlcat, and I'm excited to see how players react to the additions they're making to the overall plot to allow for evil PCs.

So it seems like Owlcat Games is making bigger chnages to the AP's story this time.
Well BG 3 can suck my big penis. PATHFINDER 2 HYPE BOYS!

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
It gets better she was a man before and then drank an elixir to fully become a woman.
i long for the days when i thought the girdle of masculinity/femininity was simply a joke item instead of the tip of the iceberg of some really fucked up fetishes.
:abyssgazer:

Dnd was always people's magical realm but Wizards actually tried to keep that stuff under wraps. Now that we've achieved Clown World, all the degenerate idiots are free to force their shit not just on their immediate players but the whole wide world and if you don't like it you can fuck off you evil white male hetero Nazi.

Decent chance the Poz just turns out to be a fad. The suits thought there was big money in it a few years back (that drove Gamergate - it was about bullying devs) but the results are mixed at best.

The sad truth is that the people who drove nerd hobbies such as RPGs and video games have always been more or less left-leaning and sexually frustrated. The pozz and fetishism is coming from inside the industry.

It’ll be back on the chain soon enough. They like it there anyway. Power freaks them out.

Onionguy

Educated
Some things i hope they address:

- less generic copy pasted area on the map. Just cut the amount of area but fill the ones that don't get cut with more interesting stuff.

- tone down the trash combat.

- i dont think there is gimmick kingdom mechanics in there, but if there are any make them more interesting

I wouldn't count on that, most rpg fans have no sense of style or mood. Since they accept eye candi-ness of divinity games, they won't be put off by pathfinder's cheesiness. But that can be applied to the overall modern take on the fantasy genre. Pathfinder is one thing, but open any 5th edition DnD rule book, and o fuck, dorky illustrations will make you vomit in no time. Therefore, I have no hope for BG3 to retain any of the charm of infinity engine games. Realms Beyond look more in line of what I want to see in the genre. Deadfire, despite all its flaws, also did not look half as bad and managed to evoke some of the old magic, at least visually.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
All the people who thought I was a shill for saying this game might not sell as much as the first one right now:
source.gif

But hey, chin up, she just wrote the first chapter out of six.
infini

i luv you.

when you only post news.
Nah,i like him more when he pretends to be a human.

Also infi,i doubt that many expect the second game to be an amazing best seller or something. But i believe that it will sell around the same as the first one. Unless they fuck up with the marketing,like heavy sjw shit or epic exclusive.

Yosharian

Arcane

What a time.
When you're using one of those pre-built adventures you pretty much have to build it up yourself anyway, as the DM. That was my experience with Rise of the Runelords, anyway. It's a bare framework of an adventure, with all the details missing or glossed over.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

What a time.
When you're using one of those pre-built adventures you pretty much have to build it up yourself anyway, as the DM. That was my experience with Rise of the Runelords, anyway. It's a bare framework of an adventure, with all the details missing or glossed over.

Yeah, considering all the changes/additions they made to Kingmaker, I wouldn't be too worried about the quality of the content in the Wrath of the Righteous modules.

I'm reading them now and seeing some great opportunities for non-lawful evil options. The crusade is riddled with traitors who are secretly loyal to the demons. If they're smart, they'll let you play as one. From the intro:

Deskari and his demon lord allies do not want merely to wipe out their enemies physically. They want to annihilate their very natures; to destroy what gives them hope. They want their enemies to fall to their own base instincts and wallow in the countless sins that will, in the end, consign their souls to the Abyss as grist for new demonic life. Only then does Deskari plan to send out the armies of the Worldwound to crush the rest of Golarion. The corruption that has grown among various crusading companies, knightly orders, and other organizations involved in the war is in large part an unavoidable result of human nature. But over the decades, it's been subtly nurtured and encouraged by the demons-particularly the secret order of the Templars of the Ivory Labyrinth. These cultists of the demon lord Baphomet have infiltrated every major group among the crusaders, working at undermining their morale and corrupting purity from within even as the demon host of the Worldwound relentlessly attacks them from without. For a time, the Templars were content to sow seeds of corruption and lay foundations for rebellion and disorder, but Deskari
has grown impatient. A hundred years after the death of his old nemesis Aroden, Deskari has set his end game in motion, and Baphomet and his cult are hastening to comply by stepping up their acts of corruption and treachery within the ranks.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
From reddit:

Wanted to put together all the bits read on reddit, discord and Twitter until now, but at the phone now so I'll be light on links, will edit later. Fell free to add!

• the game has already 1 year of development (discord)

• Chris Avellone is in (and his pnp module for kingmaker kickstarter is in the editing process at paizo, coming soon)

• too early to say if any 2e mechanic will be in the game, maybe https://twitter.com/OwlcatGames/status/1202257783221080064?s=19

• plot has been arranged so evil playthroughs are doable (or at least better than pnp) (Mark Moreland on reddit)

• mythic rules are adapted and not the same as pnp, the snippet about it on pcgamer.com is accurate (Mark Moreland on reddit)

• Owlcat has secured funds for development from some investors (personally still hoping for a kickstarter)

Honestly I am optimistic about this game. If you read the Kingmaker AP they were quite barebones but besides the last act, Owlcats managed to create a fun game witth decent enough writing. It was the best fun I had playing CRPG since a very long time.

I only hope that this game won't have as much as time-rush like in Pf:K and gives more way to exploration instead. The explore-able zones in Pf:K weres quite small and usually serve for one-off encounter. Hopefully zones will be bigger in this game like in BG/BG2 where there are multiple encounters in each optional zones. Maybe making the masterpieces tied to exploring and optional encounters instead of RNG artisan while leveling your kingdom status in PfK.

Of course hopefully the game is playable before 6 months mark. I can live with DLCs and some QoL or new classes being released later because I am definitely playing this game more than once if its at least as good as Pf:K.

Generic-Giant-Spider

What a time.

Yeah, considering all the changes/additions they made to Kingmaker, I wouldn't be too worried about the quality of the content in the Wrath of the Righteous modules.

I'm reading them now and seeing some great opportunities for non-lawful evil options. The crusade is riddled with traitors who are secretly loyal to the demons. If they're smart, they'll let you play as one. From the intro:

Deskari and his demon lord allies do not want merely to wipe out their enemies physically. They want to annihilate their very natures; to destroy what gives them hope. They want their enemies to fall to their own base instincts and wallow in the countless sins that will, in the end, consign their souls to the Abyss as grist for new demonic life. Only then does Deskari plan to send out the armies of the Worldwound to crush the rest of Golarion. The corruption that has grown among various crusading companies, knightly orders, and other organizations involved in the war is in large part an unavoidable result of human nature. But over the decades, it's been subtly nurtured and encouraged by the demons-particularly the secret order of the Templars of the Ivory Labyrinth. These cultists of the demon lord Baphomet have infiltrated every major group among the crusaders, working at undermining their morale and corrupting purity from within even as the demon host of the Worldwound relentlessly attacks them from without. For a time, the Templars were content to sow seeds of corruption and lay foundations for rebellion and disorder, but Deskari
has grown impatient. A hundred years after the death of his old nemesis Aroden, Deskari has set his end game in motion, and Baphomet and his cult are hastening to comply by stepping up their acts of corruption and treachery within the ranks.

Only Philip the Fair can save us now.

jf8350143

Liturgist
I just hope we can still apply mods fairly easily like the first game. I have no doubt they will do at least something stupid and the mods will fix it for them.

Efe

Erudite
dont spoil the story to yourself.
as said in thread, there are traitors and other shit. imagine knowing everything about story before you played kingmaker?
there would be no feeling of exploration.

on plus side there would be no rangers specced with shitty favored enemies either..

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
dont spoil the story to yourself.
as said in thread, there are traitors and other shit. imagine knowing everything about story before you played kingmaker?
there would be no feeling of exploration.

on plus side there would be no rangers specced with shitty favored enemies either..
Hmm. Ok, I guess I'll just go back to playing Battle Brothers then.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

Generic-Giant-Spider

Is that transsexual very important to the story that you must take them or can I have them go on a one way trip to a wererat alchemist cave?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom