Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paranoia: Happiness is Mandatory - isometric RPG based on the tabletop game

Yeah this is going to tank super hard. I'll be gobsmacked if it sells more than 1000 copies, but also, ya know, fuck them; they chose the "Epic exclusive" route and now they get to close their studio.
Relevant:
srgzr6gq6ui31.jpg

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Well, I looked at thread at pirate forums, and there was about 10-12 views of that game. So who of you looked at? Also I looked at twitch.tv and I seen ONE english streamer and ONE French streamer. Now there is ONE Russian streamer, and I assume that French streamer is the same who streamed few hours ago.

That's amazing popularity.

Skdursh

Savant
28 viewers currently on Twitch in total for the game with 3 streamers on launch day. 1 Russian, 1 French and 1 Turkish...

Great success!

Skdursh

Savant
Holy shit, this launch is even worse than Seven: The Days Long Gone... and now I ask you, what do they both have in common? That's right, retarded subtitles.

YES actually, smaug you zoomin' little bitch.

Last edited:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is supposed to release today, but it has absolutely no advertising, has absolutely zero reviews or fanfare from any media sources as far as I can tell, it isn't even at the top of the Epic store page which is the only place you can buy it... these are not the greatest signs.

Or they're saving all the marketing budget for the Steam release in a year.

RegionalHobo

Scholar
fuck miss clicking and walking 1cm into a area you don t have clearance is such shit

that goes extra because the game is autosave only

i'll give the game another chance tomorrow

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I played it for an hour and fell asleep on the bureau. The game wouldn't stop telling me pointless shit and make me do retarded shit,it was fucking boring.

Saduj

Arcane
the game is autosave only

:keepmymoney:

Last nail in be coffin. If I can’t save and pick up where I left off at any time for whatever reason I see fit, the game better be fucking amazing in every other regard. And this one obviously isn’t high quality enough to overcome the developer’s lack of respect for the player’s time/laziness.

RegionalHobo

Scholar
the game is autosave only

:keepmymoney:

Last nail in be coffin. If I can’t save and pick up where I left off at any time for whatever reason I see fit, the game better be fucking amazing in every other regard. And this one obviously isn’t high quality enough to overcome the developer’s lack of respect for the player’s time/laziness.

You can, if you quit the game, it autosaves, there s no manual slots thou, since the autosave feature will overwrite it every few minutes. Which makes zero sense since you have the option to '' restart '' your day

Last edited:

thesecret1

Arcane
Game's pretty buggy and the combat is, well, not very good. It's not a tragedy, but don't expect anything more than a pretty barebones thing. Dialogues are garbage - reactivity is very low, nobody remembers whatever you did (in fact, if you speak to the same person a second time, he'll act like you two met for the first time). Skill checks are strewn about, but do not really seem to be important. They might save you some money or infractions or whatever, but it's not like either is terribly important. Really, I'm hard pressed to find any positives. It's like the only selling point is supposed to be the setting, with the silliness being the "meat" of the game? Can't say I'm a fan of this.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I wonder how many people worked on this? LinkedIn lists 66 employees at Black Shamrock, but they are also doing outsourcing work (for example, around 30 of them worked on Jedi Fallen Order), probably mandated from the parent company. Many of their job postings say you're going to do outsourcing work.

It looks strange when their parent company has over 1000 employees they have to be distracted by outsourcing work and are not fully focused on original projects. (And they claim they are "a studio focused on “core gamer” strategy and rpg titles" on the website.)

Well I'm now more concerned about RuneQuest CRPG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom