Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shadenuat

Arcane
also just to troll diablo 4 and diablo 2 they should make crafting with demon organs.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I really hope they improve the artstyle, which was my single biggest disappointment with the previous game. I hope they get rid of the WoW-ish cartoonish aesthetics for a more realistic/gritty take. But I doubt it.
Pathfinder's aesthetics were not gritty and definitely could be improved on, but wtf, they weren't wow-like in the slightest,

pomenitul

Arbiter
I want to be a lich too.

XLjfwDe.jpg

Dodo1610

Arcane
The whole AP is wish-fulfilment with the PCs mythical becoming immortal at the end, hell there is a goddammed brothel with succubi in the final chapter.

Nahel

Arcane
Loved Kingmaker but sceptical on the epic scale here...
Wait and see I guess

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Owlcat mission statement on their new website:

Who are Owlcats?

Owlcat Games is a team of developers united by a passion for classic computer role-playing games. The studio is led by the industry veterans who started their careers back in the early 00s, mostly in Nival Interactive. In the past, we have worked on a variety of titles, including critically acclaimed Heroes of Might and Magic V and Silent Storm.

In 2016 we gathered together to make a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights and kickstarted our first RPG – Pathfinder: Kingmaker, based on Paizo Publishing's franchise. With the crowdfunding success and Kingmaker release in 2018, we look forward to developing new breathtaking adventures for our fans.

Olwcat Games is a family of more than 40 people, with offices located in Cyprus and Russia.

Our mission

We want to tell engaging stories, where the player has the ultimate freedom of choice.

We believe that the choice should not only be limited to dialogue options, and the concept of freedom defines the whole gameplay. This kind of approach could be found in the old classic isometric role-playing games that we love. From time to time, the opinions pop up complaining about the game industry ended doing these type of games anymore. They say RPGs have gone the casual way and forgotten their roots. Well, we are here to prove that old values still matter.

The studio is focused on bringing back the recognition to the CRPG genre and innovating to level it up with modern standards.

whoAre.911a11fd.png

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
how do I submit a tip to the russian government to tell them that russian citizens are distributing pro-lgbt propaganda?

I was thinking about that as well. Blizzard removes the references to gay people from their OW comics released in Russia, can Owlcat get im serious legal trouble if they include too much LGBTWERTY stuff?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
how do I submit a tip to the russian government to tell them that russian citizens are distributing pro-lgbt propaganda?

I was thinking about that as well. Blizzard removes the references to gay people from their OW comics released in Russia, can Owlcat get im serious legal trouble if they include too much LGBTWERTY stuff?
All references to LGBTs in media are censored in Russia afaik, so if PF:КМ and now this include that they are going to be removed from the Russian release.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The game just would need a 18plus rating. The law is about protecting children, not adults.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
All references to LGBTs in media are censored in Russia afaik, so if PF:КМ and now this include that they are going to be removed from the Russian release.
Come on, Russian bureaucrats could bother with some movie before showing it in the cinema, nobody would care enough to cut shit out of 18+ game.

That makes recent indecent with Modern Warfare especially ridiculous since Sony censored itself and decided to remove the game from PS Store.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The game just would need a 18plus rating. The law is about protecting children, not adults.
It's "intended" to "protect children" in the sense that it's so ambiguously worded that it's effectively a ban against any LGBT references. Even if slapping an 18+ rating on it counts, you are backing yourself into a corner if you release a game like PF:KM with an 18+ rating, which means it's gonna be censored.
Come on, Russian bureaucrats could bother with some movie before showing it in the cinema, nobody would care enough to cut shit out of 18+ game.

That makes recent indecent with Modern Warfare especially ridiculous since Sony censored itself and decided to remove the game from PS Store.
What are you trying to say?

Perkel

Arcane
Did they actually shown something or those 27 pages are just idle talk ?

Go Russians, teach those losers at obsidian how to make CRPGs.
ALSO PLS MAKE TURN BASED MODE.

Only scum and retards play RTWP.

If this was an Obsidian announcement there would be a frontpage post already.

If this was obsidian game most of people here would die out of brain hemorrhage when the would see Sawyer at the helm again.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
It's "intended" to "protect children" in the sense that it's so ambiguously worded that it's effectively a ban against any LGBT references. Even if slapping an 18+ rating on it counts, you are backing yourself into a corner if you release a game like PF:KM with an 18+ rating, which means it's gonna be censored.

Any Rus codexer: Has Kingmaker been censored in Russia?

And if LGBT references are blanket banned, how is this possible? https://huntersparty.ru

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's "intended" to "protect children" in the sense that it's so ambiguously worded that it's effectively a ban against any LGBT references. Even if slapping an 18+ rating on it counts, you are backing yourself into a corner if you release a game like PF:KM with an 18+ rating

In Russia, people could buy a ticket and drag their 3 year old kids with them on 18+ movie. When I watched Logan, at least 1/3 of audience was kids under 10. It is all up to parents, in case of computer games also. And parents are rarely informed enough to check whether game kid asks is 12+, 16+ or 18+.
They would not buy some blatant hentai of course, but some Call of Duty with PG18 is completely ok.

Any Rus codexer: Has Kingmaker been censored in Russia?
Of course not.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
All the people who thought I was a shill for saying this game might not sell as much as the first one right now:
source.gif

But hey, chin up, she just wrote the first chapter out of six.

I still have faith in Owlcat. As an example: if you do a search for the gayest cars of all time, the Ford F150 appears on two top ten lists - including the feminist Jezebel site as a lesbian truck. So if Owlcat were a restoration company, and they were given this vehicle, I'm sure they would put a proper engine in it (like a 1998 Cummins 12v 6bt) and it would drive like a proper, traditional, working mans truck. And I would buy it and get a million miles of problem free use out of it.

Just because a particular community identify something as their vehicle of expression, doesn't mean that it can't serve another man's purpose. And whatever it is that makes that thing gay; has no bearing on me whatsoever. And when encountered: can be handily waved away in a fully self-assured manner.

Most unlike that Gif you so ingloriously and negatively posted.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom