Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW - outsourced to Broadsword

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Got my first new ship also someone told me to not throw away the adaptable gear now my bounty hunter nicked Taro Blood armor Hoped he will notice and feel :butthurt: over it but no. Powertech + advanced tech for my bounty hunter dunno if its optimal but who cares anything below Heroics 2 I can solo anyways, and most of those can do by using invisibility when revived cheat only Old Friends has this mob of acolytes i need to kill to complete the quest and they gang up on my poor wannabie mandalorian sad. Where you can get crystals and dies btw? I want my armor green and red like Boba Fett one.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Is there an easy way to have a companion repeat their last mission or nah?

Not that I know of.

Got my first new ship

I have a feeling you are going to enjoy Balmorra, the next planet in your quest chain.

Powertech + advanced tech for my bounty hunter dunno if its optimal but who cares anything below Heroics 2 I can solo anyways

You will have almost complete set of skills by level 25ish, at that point even heroics 2+ should become manageable. Make sure to check which of your skills boosts other skills. Never played PT competitively myself tho, so I will not be able to provide a lot of advice. Remember - various crowd control skills are your friend.

Where you can get crystals and dies btw? I want my armor green and red like Boba Fett one.

Galactic Trade Network - there are terminals on the Fleet and on many planets. Green and red (and red and green) ought to be relatively cheap. Everyone always wants black and black. Granted, it does make most armours look much better, but I still find it overpriced as fuck.

Codex Year of the Donut
They did a really good job repurposing the areas that aren't shared between empire/republic simultaneously. A lot of stuff changes, I didn't even notice many of them were areas I've seen already at first.

i came to the realization that every class should have stealth. at least in pve. normally every mission is just "we'll put two hours worth of trash mobs between you and the fetch/kill target", but with a stealth character you can do only the required stuff and skip every other filler, as long as you don't literally bump into anyone.

Codex Year of the Donut
what's the name for the quality of this item?
image.png

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Green and red (and red and green) ought to be relatively cheap. Everyone always wants black and black. Granted, it does make most armours look much better, but I still find it overpriced as fuck.
God I wish it were. Wanted to buy a blue, a shitty blue crystal for my Sentinel. 75 grand. For a shitty +10 power crystal. DAFUQ! Ripping off filthy casuals since 2011. :argh:
The only stuff that IS cheap, are the artifact level crystals, because the market among subbers is... well, everyone already has them already. Even my old chars all got a round of purples at one point when it was all the rage.

i came to the realization that every class should have stealth
Wait until you have to go to Alderaan. Enemies inside are literally placed one row after another, patiently waiting for you to move 10 meters towards him. You crawl forward like a game of 'murican football.
Assassins/Shadows are simply the best pick if you just want to "rewatch" the story missions.

Force speed works while stealthed. :obviously:

258s were called Legendary back in my day. But I see some amplifier gimmick added, don't know about that.
Amplifiers are on everything now. Can be rerolled for a price to maximize that. Heh, the last patch I experienced removed the ability to refund high level gear on the fleet, because people would simply buy/refund their gear until the got an amplifier they wanted.
I am surprised you already got something like that, didn't you say you were only in act 2? I only got a choice between 3 gold pants after the final FP in Onslaught. "Entertainer's pants" IIRC.

Sure game, give the crazy Sithlord clown pants and watch what happens...

routinely, december is the month i stick to some mmorpg, even willing to dish some money, because it's the most depressing month. all the other months are depressing too, but december is the most one. but usually i'm hit by the crisis past 15-20th. i lost my star trek account, eve is old, warframe is a bit stale until the full railjack expansion hits, i'm sick of fantasy elfags and i'm always starved for growing numbers, thus: what should i buy if i were to waste some money on this? i can't afford a subscription but i might invest 1 or 2 months worth of points into the game. is there stuff i retain if i subscribe for just one month?
depression and consumerism are a lethal cocktail =_=

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
routinely, december is the month i stick to some mmorpg, even willing to dish some money, because it's the most depressing month. all the other months are depressing too, but december is the most one. but usually i'm hit by the crisis past 15-20th. i lost my star trek account, eve is old, warframe is a bit stale until the full railjack expansion hits, i'm sick of fantasy elfags and i'm always starved for growing numbers, thus: what should i buy if i were to waste some money on this? i can't afford a subscription but i might invest 1 or 2 months worth of points into the game. is there stuff i retain if i subscribe for just one month?
depression and consumerism are a lethal cocktail =_=

Yes. Subbing is also the only way to actually get the last few expansions because they were episodic aka designed to milk subs over time. Now you just subscribe once and get the entire "expansion". I would create all the characters with races you actually want while subbed, though. F2P racial offerings are meager.

Codex Year of the Donut
Hit level 75 on Belsavis btw.
Probably would have gotten it on Hoth but didn't due to:
Didn't subscribe until I was in my level 50s(I think this is 20% extra exp? 25%?)
One of my flashpoints bugged out and didn't scale me down. Made it hilariously easily, but no exp outside of quest.
Didn't finish Hoth. All white environment was giving me a headache, I have some quests and a couple areas left unfinished there.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Mako is very fun companion but... Hey lets go and hunt bunch of people! Then oh Noes why you killed them all! Wombyn Comrades.

She still super cute though and game gives you tons of aproval points after quests so we're good. :love:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
is there stuff i retain if i subscribe for just one month?
Yes. Go for it. The preferred (ex-sub) status has several advantages over the F2P.
Don't forget to use a codexers referal before subbing, they get... dunno, a mount(?) plus some change in cartel coins! Don't waste that chance.

You get, and get to keep once your sub runneth out:
Level 75 cap
All expansions unlocked (Hutts, Revan, KOTFE, KOTET, Onslaught). That's enough depression food for two months.
Account status is set from "filthy casual f2p" to "preferred", which is far less restrictive on everything.

Protips:
If you used a referral, you get an email on each of your toon, containing a box with a few unlocks (color, inventory slot, display titles, crewskill slot). Take the box and store it in your cargo hold for AFTER the sub time. Game likes to "forget" you used them if done before/during sub.

When your sub is about to run out:
Display/hide headslots on all your toons, that option is locked for non-subs.
Same goes for legacy names.
Credit cap for non-subs is 1 million. Store everything above in your legacy bank. The game takes everything above that hostage until you resub.

This is the way, my Bounty Hunter
Ah yes, the good old hydra set. The adaptive vendor was the bestestest idea in the game. Each of the classes has at least one former rare-to-get armor now slapped in their faces for a laughable sum. The Vendetta armor ("for agents") is another example, reaaaaally nice looking ones easy to get, without having to shell out several 100k on the GTN. IF the player even knows they exist.
Ironically I went back to wearing the stuff you get from leveling, because nobody wears that anymore with all those other options. The Alderaan smuggler jacket is pretty sweet looking.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Why wait? It's just a gimmick to keep people farming xp after max level. Open one and check if the contents are bound to legacy, then it doesn't matter anyway, most likely bound to char tho. I only remember that the renown boxes were are yuge step back from the old command crates (renown replaced that system with 6.0), got only one meager random item per box, as opposed to the 4+ you got from command crates.
Maybe they "adjusted" it since then, players weren't happy with it...

Filthy casual non-subs only get renown at a 25% rate, takes forever to even get one. Makes the disappointment when you get some shitty barrel mod on your sorcerette even sweeter.:argh:

Codex Year of the Donut
Ending of the trooper class quest was great(sans one nitpick — it shouldn't have been a ls/ds choice.) Perfectly captured how politicians don't care at all about military goals but just short term personal victories.
Gave her the big middle finger.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Ending of the trooper class quest was great(sans one nitpick — it shouldn't have been a ls/ds choice.) Perfectly captured how politicians don't care at all about military goals but just short term personal victories.
Gave her the big middle finger.

Oh that Twi'lek Chancellor... Her role in the Trooper storyline is merely the beggining :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom