Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

You won't believe these games are not available on Steam/GOG

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I need this.

iu

iu

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Aren't the Edenians and the Guardian sorta ignored in everything after TOS?

Cael

Arcane
Aren't the Edenians and the Guardian sorta ignored in everything after TOS?
They are in Birth of the Federation as a minor race that starts off neutral but can be conquered/bought to join your side.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
These gems also didn't make it to Steam (dunno why...looking at the 20$ category over there I'd guess they fit)

atzesezp.jpg

WHAT GAME IS THIS??

A game called Labrynth V1.0 by Lunatic Fringe Software. The internet doesn't know it though.
Mate, you do have a copy stuffed somewhere in the dark corner of your HDD, right? ;)

UPDATE:
Nevermind, found it with some help from a good friend of mine: https://archive.org/download/Labrynth_1020

I found this game on a really old shareware CD. There is a whole folder of RPG shareware games that are not really worth playing. Like....

nrpey6ki.jpg

Ah, Escape from Ragor, one of the over 20 (!) RPGs made by motelsoft through the years. I found their stuff over a year ago and posted about it in the Really Obscure RPGs thread (and brought the company to the attention of the CRPG Addict).

Care to share/upload that RPG folder from the shovelware CD? I'm really interested in digging through it.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
But when I tried to find out why game is almost never mentioned, it turned out that complete English version barely (?) exists.
But there is Russian, with extra patches and top-notch translation. Odd.

I got a full boxed copy of Siege of Avalaon at some point in the mid 00s, in German. The box doesn't exist anymore but the CDs might still be around somewhere. The translation was pretty good.

For the English version there was apparently an anthology release of all the chapters. They had an episodic format before that became cool, heh. The rarity of the full version is probably because the dev went out of business at some point, probably not too long after releasing the full version on CD.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
For the English version there was apparently an anthology release of all the chapters. They had an episodic format before that became cool, heh. The rarity of the full version is probably because the dev went out of business at some point, probably not too long after releasing the full version on CD.
Yeah, cursory search easily finds Russian and German anthologies, but best bet for getting an English one is compiling (!) it from currently open source project on GitHab. On Delphi(!!).

Well, nothing against Delphi here, its my first language and everything, but never in my life I would thought that someone will use it to make CRPG!

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
But when I tried to find out why game is almost never mentioned, it turned out that complete English version barely (?) exists.

I got a full boxed copy of Siege of Avalaon at some point in the mid 00s, in German. The box doesn't exist anymore but the CDs might still be around somewhere. The translation was pretty good.

I've got a boxed copy of this... :smug:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron

I've got a boxed copy of this... :smug:

Make ISOs and upload them

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Tag365

Barely Literate
They don't actually need to be good. That was just to catch your attention. Just "interesting to play".
Oh, the "CRPGs games" part was bait, too.

I don't mean abandonware like Drakkhen or Obitus. Although you're welcome to add everything you like to the list, of course! I mean titles like these (Some might not be pure RPGs):

Lords of EverQuest (2003)
Lords of EverQuest is a real-time strategy game with role-playing elements. The game is set in the EverQuest universe and takes place ten thousand years before the events of the original EverQuest. Players can choose to control any of the three alliances, each composed of different races: Shadowrealm (dark elves, ogres, and the iksar); Dawn Brotherhood (humans, barbarians, and dwarves); and the Eldaar Alliance (high elves, wood elves, halflings and froglocks). The single-player mode offers three campaigns, one per alliance. Each alliance has its own motivations for war, and the three stories are intertwined.
846434-lords-of-everquest-windows-screenshot-a-mission-starts-with.jpg

I didn't know they had an EverQuest strategy video game period. I wonder if they will be able to port the EverQuest universe games later over to Steam and GOG.

El Presidente

Arcane
My list of "alright I CAN'T fucking believe this isn't available anywhere", in alphabetical order:

- Black Dahlia

xuvWGU1.jpg

- Callahan's Crosstime Saloon

nW52uvS.jpg

- Claw

TZI8cjg.jpg

- Companions of Xanth

NP3RJs2.jpg

- Dark Colony

5yUNdcg.jpg

- Dark Earth

Fm3PDwT.jpg

- Death Gate

O7rf3d3.png

- All three Discworld point and click adventure games (1, 2, Noir)

SfjXecw.jpg

- Dune II and Dune point and click adventure

9162E33.png

- Freelancer

y4I92r8.jpg

- Gruntz (yeah yeah I love this retarded game)

Snap150_1.jpg

- Heart of Darkness

- LOTR Battle for Middle-Earth games

EGSUv3V.jpg

- Myth games

tT6EPAH.jpg

- NOLF games

72fyG8g.jpg

- Orion Burger

8ZkPCHQ.jpg

- Shannara

j7AOswA.jpg

- The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes pnc adventure games

q54QvKE.jpg

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
I need this.

iu

iu
I believe this is an abandonware nowadays, so I can provide you with the ISOs and a patch. However, the last time I attempted to run it was about 6 years ago on W7, and even then, the game refused to run in any sane option known to me. The only way I've managed to run it was through Win98 virtualization. I reckon trying to run it on nowadays Win10/11 would be an even bigger hassle.

Last edited:

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I need this.

iu

iu
I believe this is an abandonware nowadays, so I can provide you with the ISOs and a patch. However, the last time I attempted to run it was about 6 years ago on W7, and even then, the game refused to run in any sane option known to me. The only way I've managed to run it was through Win98 virtualisation. I reckon trying to run it on nowadays Win10/11 would be an even bigger hassle.
Yeah it just would not run. I was working on a shitty XP machine but it was a little too shitty.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom