Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Efe

Erudite
CE tyranny you will likely end up dead if the ruler is in a bad mood.
ftfy

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Why can’t I permanently kill companions?
Why can’t I skip their stupid chatting during the rest?
Why the writing is so for teenagers?
Why can’t I give a fuck about story they are trying to tell me?

This game stinks of decline while being an incline overall. I’m confused.
I was unnecessary harsh here. Mostly frustrated by the couple of coward restrictions developers implemented, fearing somebody will break their game.

While most characters are indeed written childishly, the writing overall is of high quality. Voiceover and music are awesome (the sound design is really good which is rare nowadays). The story and lore are hard to digest, but sometimes shine really nice and touching.

It’s definitely incline, I only wish my imagination could go any farer than damage dealing dex fighter.

ArchAngel

Arcane
About mercs.. at beginning there was no such options but then other retards like you complained that game has consequences for the choices about companions so devs had to let players hire mercs to replace companions you lost.
I'm gonna disagree with this one. It's incline to allow us to replace dead companions, and to hire mercs generally, and to use mercs for advisor positions. (The merc penalty is completely retarded but let's not go there)

It's decline to fuck your entire playthrough just because you didn't recruit a specific companion (yes this can happen easily just through role-playing let alone minor fuck-ups), no there are not enough fail safe options), and it's decline to not give players options to hire mercenaries generally.
You misunderstand my point. I was talking about being able to hire mercs in House. This was not possible in the past. Once you entered the house you were stuck with your choices. Now magically that Society guy is also there with his group of mercs. And they just stand there like retards doing nothing until you hire them even if their life also depends on you succeeding. It was a stupid way to fix it all.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Vordakai's Tomb is officially the worst dungeon ever. I had no idea that it was possible to cram so many annoyances and poorly designed encounters into a couple of relatively small underground maps.

The dungeon in the Varnhold's Lot DLC is much better. Even the endless dungeon is better despite all the repetitive combat.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
It also doesn't help the Barbarian class that not all the totems were implemented. Maybe they will rectify that in the sequel. For example, game talks about Dragon Totems, but there are none :(

Yosharian

Arcane
About mercs.. at beginning there was no such options but then other retards like you complained that game has consequences for the choices about companions so devs had to let players hire mercs to replace companions you lost.
I'm gonna disagree with this one. It's incline to allow us to replace dead companions, and to hire mercs generally, and to use mercs for advisor positions. (The merc penalty is completely retarded but let's not go there)

It's decline to fuck your entire playthrough just because you didn't recruit a specific companion (yes this can happen easily just through role-playing let alone minor fuck-ups), no there are not enough fail safe options), and it's decline to not give players options to hire mercenaries generally.
You misunderstand my point. I was talking about being able to hire mercs in House. This was not possible in the past. Once you entered the house you were stuck with your choices. Now magically that Society guy is also there with his group of mercs. And they just stand there like retards doing nothing until you hire them even if their life also depends on you succeeding. It was a stupid way to fix it all.
Ah, ok.

ArchAngel

Arcane
It also doesn't help the Barbarian class that not all the totems were implemented. Maybe they will rectify that in the sequel. For example, game talks about Dragon Totems, but there are none :(
I noticed that, I was confused for a while until I decided to click that button so see currently unavailable barb abilities and noticed there is nothing about dragons in that list. Lets hope they implement stuff like that.
I also hope they fix monks for the new game even if they don't fix them for current one.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I noticed that, I was confused for a while until I decided to click that button so see currently unavailable barb abilities and noticed there is nothing about dragons in that list. Lets hope they implement stuff like that.
I also hope they fix monks for the new game even if they don't fix them for current one.
Originally people on steam assumed that it was bugged. Turns out, developers just didn't implement the dragon totem. To this day some monk abilities are still bugged. Me and Desiderius have reported a few. Idk if they ever got around to fixing them.

That is one way to solve the statues, other is to find a pattern like all intelligent human being can. My 8 year old solved it by herself by clicking randomly. I guess you are saying you have intelligence of a 8 year old. Good to know..

Ok, what is the pattern in the statue puzzle? Cause every single solution online says they found the solution by randomly clicking, just like I and your poor kid did. But hell, maybe you are the rainman of autists who can see patterns in tedious shit like that.

Oh, ok, so they randomly kill off companions you spent the whole game being annoyed by (with allegedly some loose tie-ins to your actions), and to fix it, they replace them with nameless clones. Brilliant!

So you are saying you found a tactic that works vs a tough enemy even while complaining that there is no tactics in this game?

It's not really a tactic per se. Tactics involve some general patterns that are logical and consistent. BG series for example had tactics, because you generally knew you would have to remove spell defenses from enemy mages for example, lower their saving throws with greater malison, cast sequencers to get off spells quickly, etc. In Shitmaker, any powerful enemy you run into will have some random collection of cheat-level abilities (e.g. ridiculously high stats, immunities to A/B/C, constant stat drain, etc). So general tactics will not work against them, and instead, you need to find the one cheap approach that will work for whatever reason. And once you find it, it makes the fight trivial in 99% of cases. Except the Mandragora Swarms of course.

So you would rather play PoE instead where you can beat everything with any skill and can force through all encounters with any kind of retarded party using no tactics?!

Nice strawman, sparky. No, I would rather play a good game.

PnP GMs don't give players save/load feature, their player's parties are made out of 4+ players that prefer to be retarded instead of fighting as a team and so on. Comparing this game with PnP too closely lets you fall into same trap like all the steam review retards that bashed the game because it was too different from PnP but would never admit they didn't play on ironman mode and always send their barbarian forward first just like a player at a table would. And a wizard player would cast Shield spell in round one of combat instead of Grease or Sleep while the Cleric player would complain half the session why he needs to be a healbot and then memorize many useless spells and not want to ever turn them into healing spells.. And lets not forget about Bards that would probably not take any useful spells and would spend their actions trying to enrage every enemy in range with their attempts at diplomacy or intimidate. And party rouge would spend actions trying to find a tree to climb on where he can "sneak attack" from while Orcs are demolishing the Fighter that was only one that went forward to help that retard Barbarian that is already bleeding on the ground..

Oh, so now you know how every PnP game goes? Just cause your friends are retarded doesn't mean everyone plays like that. And yes, the fact that EVERY single PnP DM online trashes Shitmaker ought to tell you something.
<Summons Greater Gregz and drops mic>

Install TB mod, then you can have time to react to those archers old man.

Considering the amount of trash combat in Shatmaker, no thanks.

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
That is one way to solve the statues, other is to find a pattern like all intelligent human being can. My 8 year old solved it by herself by clicking randomly. I guess you are saying you have intelligence of a 8 year old. Good to know..

Ok, what is the pattern in the statue puzzle? Cause every single solution online says they found the solution by randomly clicking, just like I and your poor kid did. But hell, maybe you are the rainman of autists who can see patterns in tedious shit like that.

Oh, ok, so they randomly kill off companions you spent the whole game being annoyed by (with allegedly some loose tie-ins to your actions), and to fix it, they replace them with nameless clones. Brilliant!

So you are saying you found a tactic that works vs a tough enemy even while complaining that there is no tactics in this game?

It's not really a tactic per se. Tactics involve some general patterns that are logical and consistent. BG series for example had tactics, because you generally knew you would have to remove spell defenses from enemy mages for example, lower their saving throws with greater malison, cast sequencers to get off spells quickly, etc. In Shitmaker, any powerful enemy you run into will have some random collection of cheat-level abilities (e.g. ridiculously high stats, immunities to A/B/C, constant stat drain, etc). So general tactics will not work against them, and instead, you need to find the one cheap approach that will work for whatever reason. And once you find it, it makes the fight trivial in 99% of cases. Except the Mandragora Swarms of course.

So you would rather play PoE instead where you can beat everything with any skill and can force through all encounters with any kind of retarded party using no tactics?!

Nice strawman, sparky. No, I would rather play a good game.

PnP GMs don't give players save/load feature, their player's parties are made out of 4+ players that prefer to be retarded instead of fighting as a team and so on. Comparing this game with PnP too closely lets you fall into same trap like all the steam review retards that bashed the game because it was too different from PnP but would never admit they didn't play on ironman mode and always send their barbarian forward first just like a player at a table would. And a wizard player would cast Shield spell in round one of combat instead of Grease or Sleep while the Cleric player would complain half the session why he needs to be a healbot and then memorize many useless spells and not want to ever turn them into healing spells.. And lets not forget about Bards that would probably not take any useful spells and would spend their actions trying to enrage every enemy in range with their attempts at diplomacy or intimidate. And party rouge would spend actions trying to find a tree to climb on where he can "sneak attack" from while Orcs are demolishing the Fighter that was only one that went forward to help that retard Barbarian that is already bleeding on the ground..

Oh, so now you know how every PnP game goes? Just cause your friends are retarded doesn't mean everyone plays like that. And yes, the fact that EVERY single PnP DM online trashes Shitmaker ought to tell you something.
<Summons Greater Gregz and drops mic>

Install TB mod, then you can have time to react to those archers old man.

Considering the amount of trash combat in Shatmaker, no thanks.

latest

Trashos

Arcane

Are we talking about the statue puzzle at the beginning of the game? If so, the general solution is:

1) Note initial condition of statues (up or down).
2) Write down what statues each button affects.
3) Find a succession of buttons (order does not matter) that affects an even amount of times the statues that need to end up unchanged, and an odd amount of times the statues that need to end up changed.

Last edited:
PorkyThePaladin take a piece of paper.
number the statues.
pull lever, note which statues toggle. repeat for each lever.
????
take the treasure

1) Note initial condition of statues (up or down).
2) Write down what statues each button affects.
3) Find a succession of buttons (order does not matter) that affects an even amount of times the statues that need to end up unchanged, and an odd amount of times the statues that need to end up changed

How is either of these solutions different from randomly clicking on them until they line up? Also, "that affects an even amount of times the statues that need to end up unchanged, and an odd amount of times the statues that need to end up changed", can you elaborate? I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom