Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW - outsourced to Broadsword

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Oh that Twi'lek Chancellor... Her role in the Trooper storyline is merely the beggining :lol:
Saresh? Made me really consider dragging myself through KOTET again. Walker sections be damned. Hadn't exited and replayed a dialog that often since... forever. That one and Ashara. Sooooo much anger I had built up over the years.:argh:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Oh that Twi'lek Chancellor... Her role in the Trooper storyline is merely the beggining :lol:
Saresh? Made me really consider dragging myself through KOTET again. Walker sections be damned. Hadn't exited and replayed a dialog that often since... forever. That one and Ashara. Sooooo much anger I had built up over the years.:argh:

"Don't force me to go against my teachings!" Good ancestors, Xalek is by far the more worthy Apprentice!

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Don't force me to go against my teachings!
Literally 1 minute after killing her master no less.

For me it was mostly the presents drama. In the old days you had to raise their affection to see the story, since ASShara came pretty late, it was present feeding time. And back then she liked NUZZINK. Only courting if you were male and in her pants. For everyone else?
"That's quite nice."
"That's quite nice."
"That's quite nice."
Fuck. You. Clownfish!:argh:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Don't force me to go against my teachings!
Literally 1 minute after killing her master no less.

Never tried out a light-side Jaessa, I am told it is done better? Too bad they didn't make a dark-side Ashara.

For me it was mostly the presents drama. In the old days you had to raise their affection to see the story, since ASShara came pretty late, it was present feeding time. And back then she liked NUZZINK. Only courting if you were male and in her pants. For everyone else?
"That's quite nice."
"That's quite nice."
"That's quite nice."
Fuck. You. Clownfish!:argh:

This... This is :prosper:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Never tried out a light-side Jaessa, I am told it is done better?
It's the best. She probes your mind, sees that you are a saint, then probes her master's mind and sees him dark as the night. You could almost hear her whole world view crumbling down. Like it happend before with other Jedi when you are more calm and nice than they are.
LS Warrior/Jaesa fits the post KOTET "reformed" empire story so much better.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
At first I even regretted getting LS Jaesa after seeing DS on youtube. Dialog with both is roughly like this:

LS Jaesa
Jaesa: Master, I am sad.
You: Mkay.
Jaesa: I tried converting Sith to the light, but they attacked and I had to kill them.
You: What a shame.
Jaesa: I have to meditate and write in my diary.
You: You do that.

DS Jaesa
Jaesa: Master, I had so much fun!
You: Do tell.
Jaesa: I met 5 guys in a bar, had a yuge orgy.
You: You go girl!
Jaesa: I might have killed them all. Messy. Slowly.
You: Happens all the time.
Jaesa: Dark Side is fun.
You: Yay us.

Of course people liked DS Jaesa better, she is a token crazy girl for your "hulk smash, lol evil" DS warrior. Alas, no way of changing that later. Choices and consquences bitches!
It worked out in the end, so I have no regrets. :obviously:

is there stuff i retain if i subscribe for just one month?
Yes. Go for it. The preferred (ex-sub) status has several advantages over the F2P.
Don't forget to use a codexers referal before subbing, they get... dunno, a mount(?) plus some change in cartel coins! Don't waste that chance.

You get, and get to keep once your sub runneth out:
Level 75 cap
All expansions unlocked (Hutts, Revan, KOTFE, KOTET, Onslaught). That's enough depression food for two months.
Account status is set from "filthy casual f2p" to "preferred", which is far less restrictive on everything.

Protips:
If you used a referral, you get an email on each of your toon, containing a box with a few unlocks (color, inventory slot, display titles, crewskill slot). Take the box and store it in your cargo hold for AFTER the sub time. Game likes to "forget" you used them if done before/during sub.

When your sub is about to run out:
Display/hide headslots on all your toons, that option is locked for non-subs.
Same goes for legacy names.
Credit cap for non-subs is 1 million. Store everything above in your legacy bank. The game takes everything above that hostage until you resub.

This is the way, my Bounty Hunter
Ah yes, the good old hydra set. The adaptive vendor was the bestestest idea in the game. Each of the classes has at least one former rare-to-get armor now slapped in their faces for a laughable sum. The Vendetta armor ("for agents") is another example, reaaaaally nice looking ones easy to get, without having to shell out several 100k on the GTN. IF the player even knows they exist.
Ironically I went back to wearing the stuff you get from leveling, because nobody wears that anymore with all those other options. The Alderaan smuggler jacket is pretty sweet looking.

referral code is only for people still without an account. can't be used with existing ones.
as for the changes between f2p and preferred, i still have to find any worthwhile. it reinstates the credit cap, the pvp cap, the crafting cap, everything goes back to a huge "fuck you" in your face. it just unlocks the ancient, probably obsolete by now expansions which are worthless to somebody who just started playing.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Oh come now, the "reformed" Empire is still a Sith Empire with all *that* entails. More balanced and unified, yes. But still prone to genocide and ever focused on revenge.

You say like its bad thing Comrade I go for options which are best for Empire as hole in both my agent and Sith Warrior if its means i sometimes need to do LS act by let say sparing apolitical assassin (she is like your bounty hunter if you think about it) by... sending her to Imperial Inteligence where she can kill more Jedi and Republicucks :lol: so be it but LS side choices come mostly like something only cuck and traitor to his people would do in RL like the one I posted earlier (giving medicines to woman who stole and gave them to Imperium backed free doom fighters as in Soldier story line) or telling captured Jedi he was fed false intelligence, who would do such things in RL except total brainwashed NPC Comrade?

k9yrPua.jpg

Come all to Dark Side and Imperium service we have cold bear and shock collars for our bitches. :incline:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Oh come now, the "reformed" Empire is still a Sith Empire with all *that* entails. More balanced and unified, yes. But still prone to genocide and ever focused on revenge.
That's why I put it in quotes. LS warrior does not want to change the empire into a rep clone. His goals are simply to end random infights between sith which is weakening the leadership (plus colateral dmg), wasting potential by ignoring everyone who is not human/pureblood and maybe replacing slavery with payed labor (I vaguely remember a conversation about the pros and cons of slavery at one point).
A LS inquisitor is not that different actually, I think it was even her who had that slavery conversation with the Twilek major from the loading screen. (best new character btw)

The Empire under Acina/Vowron is pretty much that. Aliens are starting to enter rank and file, and what we see of the new council in Onslaught is a surprisingly sane and clever bunch of people. No idea about that Jadus lookalike tho, despite being in the trailer, he does not really appear beyond one sentence. I smell a big reveal coming.

referral code is only for people still without an account. can't be used with existing ones.
as for the changes between f2p and preferred, i still have to find any worthwhile. it reinstates the credit cap, the pvp cap, the crafting cap, everything goes back to a huge "fuck you" in your face. it just unlocks the ancient, probably obsolete by now expansions which are worthless to somebody who just started playing.
No that's wrong, I always used the referral after going back to preferred. As pref you can even get 7 days of full sub status from it. Just needs 90 days to have passed since using one (and for the free 7 days probably also since subbing)
And preferred is not meant as an upgrade to f2p, it's just not a deep fall after being a sub. You don't even need to sub to become pref, buying a few cartel coins is enough.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
If you interesting in playing the game as SP RPG of sort preferred gives you many hours of fun, also if you are given the rev code at least ask for some credits (the common price is 10 millions) it will fix all your problems and allow to buy adaptable armors, extra inventory and outfit slots, mounts and decent Stronghold, and you still will end up with Six Millions :lol: or maybe more creds in bank. Also Sith should be really only for Sith pure-bloods, their human hybrids and perhaps Rattaka and Zebrak (Chiss are more like allies) only if you want to play as team diversity go to Republic side.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Referral codes went for up to 20 millions if you are a sub on the fleet, when Onslaught launched. Doesn't make a difference to you, using one is just a "thank you" to the guy who's link you used. Some people like to collect/show off the things they get having several people using their referrals.

Funfact: when I started a new agent for the lulz during that time, a guy whispered me on Hutta and spun me a sad story about him really needing the cartel coins, so I should please use his link. For free. Bitch, it says "legendary player" under my name, do I look like I fell fresh off a bus? :hahano:

i had in mind to just buy some unlocks, like the artifact equipment, ship storage and such, with some more misc stuff like crafting skills and can't remember what else right now. what scares me is the absence of the "per character / per account" specification in all these unlocks. i also see as a scammy attitude all those unlocks on the cartel store whose only description is a name and a list of names of perks, as if they're trying to con people into buying "droid inventory i, ii and iii" which might turn out to be droids which take space into your inventory.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

You say like its bad thing Comrade

Good Ragnos, no! I cherish the genocidial tendencis of the Empire with all the passion I have.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
i had in mind to just buy some unlocks, like the artifact equipment, ship storage and such, with some more misc stuff like crafting skills and can't remember what else right now. what scares me is the absence of the "per character / per account" specification in all these unlocks. i also see as a scammy attitude all those unlocks on the cartel store whose only description is a name and a list of names of perks, as if they're trying to con people into buying "droid inventory i, ii and iii" which might turn out to be droids which take space into your inventory.
I have no idea what droid inventory would even be.
I know what you mean with the single char/acc purchase problem. IIRC the cartel stuff works like this: when you buy the "1 more crew skill up to 3 max" unlock (which is the free item from a referral link btw) the game wants 420 jewcoins from you. Aside from being stupid to even buy it, it says "can be bought for all characters on the account". That symbol is ALSO used on the cartel collection page, which allows you to get a copy of your unlocked item on that char (I only know it from mounts).
So I assume it unlocks that item for all chars to claim. No guarantees.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Maaaybe the further expansions bring the Sith out in her?
Depends. She's the pragmatic incarnation Sith, not the raaaaaage/pillage/psycho type. Didn't like her at first, warmed up to her on the road to KOTFE, after that she became my BFF with unquestionable loyality. But, she is one of those wymyn that are great in theory, yet something is missing, a spark, or, heh, passion. Since alternatives were meh, all my chars ended up doing quality time with Lana anyway.

But then... the old companions came back. After watching Lana's "I guess our relationship has run it's course" breakup scene at least seven four times, I feel a little guilty everytime she is on screen now. Curse you game! :argh:
Considering that she is Bioware's favorite, romancing her is the safest bet for future content. Old romances will probably get a few letters at best. Except
Kira
who will play an important role in the future.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Okay I am re-installing.

Content wise if I am playing a class from zero until Onslaught how much hour of content do I have? Mind I probably will play story mode for the flashpoints because i am only here for Star Wars RPG.

And on that, how much content is in Onslaught anyway? Seems pretty small content from the description after months of content drought.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Okay I am re-installing.

Content wise if I am playing a class from zero until Onslaught how much hour of content do I have? Mind I probably will play story mode for the flashpoints because i am only here for Star Wars RPG.

And on that, how much content is in Onslaught anyway? Seems pretty small content from the description after months of content drought.

Well its 12 classes and starting planet is easily hole day of gaming if you do every quest and not skip the dialogues comrade and its only vanilla, the story got streamlined later on but its easily 200 hours of game play at very least story wise.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Any codex guilds on Darth Malgus?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom