Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codexian GOTY 2019

Chose the one true ruller of 2019!

• Total voters

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
New Vegas held so much promises back then but it was their last masterpiece
Don't forget that it was made by the cain and boyarsky duo,the men that made the fucking masterpiece of RPG,Arcanum. People that made the most well done and immersive worlds,now made the most soulless one i have seen in my gameing experience.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
The most painful of it all is that Obsidian newest game has less votes than the joke option. How could they fall so low ?
Not gonna lie, The Stick of Truth is my favorite game by them. I may have put 50x the hours in NV, but I want that time back now.

Swigen

Arbiter
Looking forward to Knights of the Chalice 2 next year, I been waiting forever for that game. In fact, I recently purchased a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti just so I can run it on ULTRA when it finally comes out!

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Looking forward to Knights of the Chalice 2 next year, I been waiting forever for that game. In fact, I recently purchased a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti just so I can run it on ULTRA when it finally comes out!
A1NHkaFMn-L._SX425_.jpg

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Aweigh and Goral voted for TOW as the GotY, some of the most vocal critics of DE. If that's not all the evidence someone might need to finally realize the two are mouth breathing retards, IDK what is.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Aweigh and Goral voted for TOW as the GotY, some of the most vocal critics of DE. If that's not all the evidence someone might need to finally realize the two are mouth breathing retards, IDK what is.

TOW isn't too good (isn't terrible either) but it's still a better RPG than DE (and by a significant margin). TOW being GOTY only shows how weak 2019 year was for RPGs, it doesn't mean that TOW is a great RPG. You're so retarded that I have to explain even such obvious thing.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
If you're going to unironically posit that shit like this is deserving of being GOTY, then be honest and call it what it really is. Least shit of the year.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
A Legionaries Life is likely the deserving GOTY, but dead people are voting. Disco Consumerism has way too many votes.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
December edition of the Finnish "Pelit" magazine has Outer Worlds on the cover, with "made by legends" -subtitle.

Actual reviews:

Outer Worlds, two reviewers

Disco Elysium, three reviewers

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Alright, so I feel like I should make a poll solely devoted to games released in the first half of the year, because nobody remembers those and they mostly vote for whatever is flavour of the month when we have these polls.

...But I can't remember any.

Did any good RPGs not named Sekiro release then?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
TOW isn't too good (isn't terrible either)
Stop putting words into my mouth you fucking ape. TOW is hot garbage and the fact that you're trying to pretend like it was remotely okay highlights exactly how much of a degenerate you really are.

Vatnik Wumao
Alright, so I feel like I should make a poll solely devoted to games released in the first half of the year, because nobody remembers those and they mostly vote for whatever is flavour of the month when we have these polls.

...But I can't remember any.

Did any good RPGs not named Sekiro release then?
If Sunless Skies counts as a RPG... :^)

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Obviously, the gift of storyfagotry was not bestowed upon those sad souls. Let them who cannot enjoy the Planescape:Torment of our age find some solace in Obsidian's manifestation of play-it-safe mediocrity. It's not like they are getting anything better in 2019.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom