Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tell me about these three RPGS

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Divinity 2, Pathfinder, POE 2.

Any of them decent enough like the old BG to play? Need only patrician Codexian opinions :obviously:

JDR13

Arcane
The previous two posters are either retarded or are confusing Divinity II with something else.

To be clear, we're talking about Divinity II not Divinity: OS II, right?

purpleblob

Savant
The previous two posters are either retarded or are confusing Divinity II with something else.

We all know you are stout Divinity 2 defender.

In saying that though, I was referring to D:OS2 when I said its shit. I didn't play Divinity 2 so no comment on that.

JDR13

Arcane

In saying that though, I was referring to D:OS2 when I said its shit. I didn't play Divinity 2 so no comment on that.

And we all know you're a slurping fangirl when it comes to Pathfinder. ;)

purpleblob

Savant

And we all know you're a slurping fangirl when it comes to Pathfinder. ;)

I'm sure you will turn into a slurping fanboi once you grow enough balls to play it :D

Reinhardt

Arcane
mystery.png

rating_mca.gif

rating_sawyer.gif

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Bad, mediocre, bad.

What makes more sense: the OP listing three isometric CRPGs, or two isometric CRPGs and one action RPG?

The original Divinity 2 is forgotten enough that plenty of people refer to D:OS2 as D2.

Generic-Giant-Spider

D:OS2 hit me harder in terms of it sucking. POE2 was POE2, after the catastrophe that was POE I expected it to suck so when I did try it then at least I knew what to expect. D:OS2 was being praised and beloved by all corners at the time of release so I was genuinely excited to play something that was widely seen as great.

Boy oh boy... D:OS2 made me feel like a young and beautiful Serbian girl that was promised a lavish modeling life in America by someone named Andre and after the first photoshoot I was suddenly chloroform'd into unconsciousness and the next thing I knew I was being anally raped by four burly beer gutted Austrians somewhere in northern Italy. Holy fuck did it come in and pillage me of all my good faith. You read all these great things about it and you start doing double takes and wonder if you maybe downloaded the wrong game but no you didn't you are definitely playing the game that everyone else is playing.

Like I'm no master game designer, but I think it's kind of hard to pace yourself when within the first ten hours you let me kill an ice dragon chilling on the beach and then return to your regular scheduled monster manual tour of low level skeletons. The itemization system is also very interesting if you're into studying retardation.

God, D:OS2 sucked. Even the companions you get were just unlikable trash. Some gangly malnourished elf girl that plays into the whole "I'm a cool badass that regained her power" image. I hated her the most. The lizardman was a fag too and trust me, I like my Argonians and Reptiles of the gaming world. Insufferable. The only companion I did like was the ranger mercenary guy, but oh wait, he just took my bro conversation the wrong way and asks if I want to fuck. Yeah, I think I'll just play through IWD again.

Kingmaker restored my faith. If we use the analogy above, Kingmaker is if your father was Arnold in Commando and has come to save you single handedly from D:OS2's rape trafficking ring with extreme force. Fuck D:OS2.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
D:OS2 hit me harder in terms of it sucking. POE2 was POE2, after the catastrophe that was POE I expected it to suck so when I did try it then at least I knew what to expect. D:OS2 was being praised and beloved by all corners at the time of release so I was genuinely excited to play something that was widely seen as great.

Boy oh boy... D:OS2 made me feel like a young and beautiful Serbian girl that was promised a lavish modeling life in America by someone named Andre and after the first photoshoot I was suddenly chloroform'd into unconsciousness and the next thing I knew I was being anally raped by four burly beer gutted Austrians somewhere in northern Italy. Holy fuck did it come in and pillage me of all my good faith. You read all these great things about it and you start doing double takes and wonder if you maybe downloaded the wrong game but no you didn't you are definitely playing the game that everyone else is playing.

Like I'm no master game designer, but I think it's kind of hard to pace yourself when within the first ten hours you let me kill an ice dragon chilling on the beach and then return to your regular scheduled monster manual tour of low level skeletons. The itemization system is also very interesting if you're into studying retardation.

God, D:OS2 sucked. Even the companions you get were just unlikable trash. Some gangly malnourished elf girl that plays into the whole "I'm a cool badass that regained her power" image. I hated her the most. The lizardman was a fag too and trust me, I like my Argonians and Reptiles of the gaming world. Insufferable. The only companion I did like was the ranger mercenary guy, but oh wait, he just took my bro conversation the wrong way and asks if I want to fuck. Yeah, I think I'll just play through IWD again.

Kingmaker restored my faith. If we use the analogy above, Kingmaker is if your father was Arnold in Commando and has come to save you single handedly from D:OS2's rape trafficking ring with extreme force. Fuck D:OS2.

What about disco disco ?

Atchodas

Augur
DOS2 is the best game overall out of these 3

PFKM is closest to BG

That other game is shovelware

Wunderbar

Arcane
Divinity 2 is a decent Action-RPG.
Since you're a fan of bethesda, you'll probably like it, Makabb

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom