Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
btw. I made my judgment after I played the game, before that I called out people with the quoted remark also... saying stuff like how can they not give this game a chance with Cainarsky at the helm? etc then I saw Tim's gameplay loop & item progression and some content Leo allowed in his narrative(he said that he edited every piece of writing went into the game.)

I also played & finished JFO.

Codex plays everything for 100 hours before saying it was irredeemable shit. I never said anything about no one playing these games.

Yeah, you just said mainstream say its very good and that I'm evoking a codex trope. And I can't argue against it cos whether I've played or not played the game doesn't matter with this trope... goddammit

:rage: mainstream: 1 - codex: o
Not sure that casuals liked it. Most places i have seen have like 6-7.5 score from the players. People expected a NV or at worst Fallout 3 game,then they got this shit.

Quillon

Arcane
I'm talking about JFO there, tho goes for TOW too

/or not since DalekFlay only said it about JFO.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
JFO is a game that pleases people who wanted that game (console whacky whacky jumpy jumpy game). That's all it was trying to be and succeeded. Outer Worlds... that one is pretty disappointing if you went in wanting New Vegas. Though because no one's making New Vegases right now it's like a half-empty bottle of fruit punch in a desert I guess.

Trashos

Arcane
Either way though I meant generally... publishers seeing singleplayer non-service games succeed is a win. Doesn't mean they'll all be good, but some chances are better than no chances.

"Things get shittier every passing minute, so when we get shit that is not as shit as other shit, we should rejoice!"

Desperation.

You do have a point. But it is still desperation.

LudensCogitet

Learned
The game is heralded as a mainstream success. Great reviews and plenty of sales. Deal with it incel nerds.

Obvious bait, but I'll take it anyway. Is this some kind of projection that assumes I require a coping mechanism because other people don't share my opinion?
Many people like many things I see very little merit in.
Sometimes I think it's just taste, sometimes I think it's a fault in myself, sometimes I think they're wrong.
I don't need to "deal" with anything.

Deleted Member 16721

I accept this as conformation that you believe that the game is shit!

Nah, it has nothing to do with the game. I just lose interest in games for awhile, do another hobby and come back later refreshed and raring to go. :)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Nah, it has nothing to do with the game. I just lose interest in games for awhile, do another hobby and come back later refreshed and raring to go. :)
Sure,but you do it in between games not in between quests. But i do get you,i too decided to do the dishes in mid dialogue,the game is quite the monotonous chore.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
SnTlWWg.jpg

This was my 4444th post. A propos of nothing.

Wesp5

Arcane

Sure,but you do it in between games not in between quests.

This is indeed a problem of TOW, there is little tension to drive you forward! There are other games that you just can't stop, because you want to know what happens next.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/113166-patch-12-coming-soon/

New patch coming soon :M

Just posting this. Need to play more FE Awakening and Digimon. Later losers,

Greetings fellow spacers,

We would like to thank you all for the continued feedback and reports for The Outer Worlds. We have been hard at work doing as much as we can to help improve your gaming experience, and as such we are preparing to release Patch 1.2 to everyone as early as next week for all platforms.

There will be a lot going into the game with this patch, but for now we wanted to highlight a few of the changes/fixes being applied to the game when this patch goes live:

Top Community Requests:
  • Updated the "Large Text Mode" setting to apply to Examinables
  • Added "Chromatic Aberration" setting to all platforms
  • Added "Controller Aiming Sensitivity" setting to all platforms
  • Added "Head Bobbing" setting to all platforms
  • Added "Field of View" setting to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 platforms
  • Fixed weapons unholstering when interacting with the environment
  • Fixed additional cases of companion quests being marked as Botched incorrectly
Additional Changes/Fixes:
  • Fixed audio cutting out when scrolling on the map
  • Added a notification for when companions gain Perks from quests
  • Fixed companions calling the player's attacks ineffective, even if they were dealing appropriate damage
  • Fixed the Prismatic Hammer not benefiting from several melee Skills and Perks
  • Fixed the Prismatic Hammer not benefiting from Critical Hits
  • Increased damage of Handguns
  • Fixed "Pack Mule" Perks not applying while on the Unreliable
  • Fixed Dr. Chartrand attacking the player after she agrees to help them
  • Fixed the "Look Up" and "Look Down" keybindings being swapped
  • Added "Foliage" graphics setting for PC platform
  • Added "Enable Cinematic Kill Camera" setting
  • Updated Vendor UI to show carry weight and encumbrance limit
  • Updated item tooltips to better indicate Pristine items
  • Added item sorting options to the Companion and Workbench screens
  • Added SuperNova survival meters to the Consumables screen
We are excited to get this out to everyone and we will have a full list of all the fixes posted when Patch 1.2 is live.

To continue to report issues you come across and to share suggestions for the game, please visit the Technical Support forums for The Outer Worlds and search to see if a fellow player has already made a thread about it to help reduce duplicate threads. If you find a thread that matches your issue or suggestion, then please feel free to leave a comment and include any details you would like to share.

If you are not able to find a similar thread, then please share it with us on our forums and then visit our publishing partner, Private Division, and share this issue with them through their support website. This will help ensure that your specific issue or suggestion is in their queue and will allow us to prioritize requests to provide the fastest possible turnaround time.

Thank you again everyone for your patience and help in reporting issues and feedback, we appreciate everything you have been sharing with us.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Sure,but you do it in between games not in between quests.

This is indeed a problem of TOW, there is little tension to drive you forward! There are other games that you just can't stop, because you want to know what happens next.
Yeah,the whole game feel like a chore,something that is not fun but you had used to doing it and do it automatic. I finish it in 10-12 hours exploring and stealing everything.

Flou

Arbiter
Finally finished the game and skipped happily about 100 pages of the conversation.

The game wasn't bad, but then again it never really grabbed me by the balls either. The story was really lackluster in the beginning and it only got interesting in the end which seems good for the sequel, but bad for this game. Going through all the potential ways to finish quests and ending slides, it is certainly up there with Fallout: New Vegas when it comes to C&C. My character surely made a mess of things in some areas.
However I don't I will want to replay the game anytime soon if ever. The gameplay wasn't all that fun and exploration was very lacking if compared to FNV. If anything it felt like a chore at times and I would just play 1 or 2 quests at a time and then rather do something else.

I didn't find the characters annoying or anything. Sure it could have used a bit more gray scaling when it comes to morality. Now it's pretty much either good or bad ending. Companions were decent and none of them rubbed me the wrong way (unlike Deadfire). Some tweaks to the gameplay, more variation to enemies and a plot that doesn't take forever to get interesting and you have yourself a sequel that is better than this. They should consider making few bigger locations, rather than having multiple smaller locations.

I think I missed some conversation and I have no idea why all the factions ended up on Tartarus. Parvati's quest either bugged or I accidentally killed that questline.

Quillon

Arcane
I think I missed some conversation and I have no idea why all the factions ended up on Tartarus. Parvati's quest either bugged or I accidentally killed that questline.

Yeah that was retarded, I was gonna sneak/disguise my way through and boom enter the scene allies I never asked for. I completed her questline but Parvati was dead in the epilogue where as she shoulda been alive back in the ship.

Duraframe300

Arcane

Yeah that was retarded, I was gonna sneak/disguise my way through and boom enter the scene allies I never asked for. I completed her questline but Parvati was dead in the epilogue where as she shoulda been alive back in the ship.

Isn't it based on reputation?

btw. I made my judgment after I played the game, before that I called out people with the quoted remark also... saying stuff like how can they not give this game a chance with Cainarsky at the helm? etc then I saw Tim's gameplay loop & item progression and some content Leo allowed in his narrative(he said that he edited every piece of writing went into the game.)

I also played & finished JFO.

Codex plays everything for 100 hours before saying it was irredeemable shit. I never said anything about no one playing these games.
you don't need one hundred hours. all it takes is finishing it 7 times.

Quillon

Arcane

Isn't it based on reputation?

Probably but that was not called for, who even invited them? How were they aware of the mission? Why are there disguise system in the levels if there is gonna be all out fight?...

My guess is it was bugged.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom