Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Yeah, Americans only knew of them from their dealings with France. As Wikipedia puts it
Thomas Jefferson had "potatoes served in the French manner" at a White House dinner in 1802.[13][14] The expression "french fried potatoes" first occurred in print in English in the 1856 work Cookery for Maids of All Work by E. Warren: "French Fried Potatoes. – Cut new potatoes in thin slices, put them in boiling fat, and a little salt; fry both sides of a light golden brown colour; drain."

This doesn't sound like the modern chips at all. More like actual potato chips.

Swigen

Arbiter
I just can not wait to make my Druid ask a cow a question and have it reply “MOOOOOOOOOEEEEYYY!” In Larian’s next gem, Baldur’s Gate 3: Terugkeer van de Homo-Wizard!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Newsflash! Larian Publishing Director Posted A Photo of Broken Mug Handle. Is This A Sign of Things to Come to BG3?

Relatively unimportant: if they do reveal something at TGA they probably did press tour around the world about a month ago.

Swigen

Arbiter
What kind of an asshole drinks out of a plain cup in 2019? It’s not even a color changing cup, unless the psycho let it cool down completely before drinking it!! Now I’m worried about this gaem!
:decline:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Inb4 we get a BG3: Enhanced Edition before BG3 comes out, or instead of it. I for one can't wait for Beamdog's enhancements in 2035.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Slightly curious things from new job posting for Technical Designer: https://larian.com/jobs/6525420b-e038-4174-afb9-30b3226ec3da

"Improve UI feedback for gameplay features - tooltips, combat log, notifications, in-world indicators."

With multiple awards to our name, Larian Studios has proven that we’re dedicated to delivering high-quality role-playing games. We’re now looking for a Technical Designer who can support and enable our design teams create amazing RPGs.

TECHNICAL DESIGNER

RESPONSIBILITIES
  • Study a powerful code gameplay system and apply your insights to extend and improve existing feature designs.
  • Consult content designers on the capabilities of the system.
  • Write code feature requests for the gameplay programming team based on existing design documents.
  • Implement new gameplay systems and content using script and a data-driven stats system
  • Extend their capabilities in C++ when necessary.
  • Maintain existing features and improve them with polishing touches.
  • Work with audiovisual departments to add flavour to existing mechanics.
  • Improve UI feedback for gameplay features - tooltips, combat log, notifications, in-world indicators.
  • Support and improve existing economy balancing tools.
REQUIREMENTS
  • Advanced C++ skills.
  • Work experience as a gameplay programmer, systems designer, combat designer or content designer.
  • Alternatively: personal projects that demonstrate awareness of game design fundamentals. -
  • Desire to learn and openness to new ideas.
  • Familiarity with RPG systems of popular tabletop and computer RPGs.
  • Knowledge of basic calculus, combinatorics, statistics.
  • Experience with vfx, sfx, animation or UI.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with ever-evolving skillsets and passion for player experience. If you want to contribute to making amazing RPG experiences, we would love to hear from you.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
DnD ruleset will improve the gameplay

:roll:

Over DOS2? You bet it would. That system sucked more balls than my whore mother
What a disgusting woman! Please, tell me what her name is and where she lives so I can be sure to avoid her.

unfortunately I must confess I shamelessly fabricated the details for the sake of merriment alone. My mother is in fact a pure woman who would never engage in undue ball-sucking

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
The lady on the right who looks like Neera is another pink-haired Wild Mage who isn't Neera and is a (half-)elf. I have no idea who the others are.

Elex

Arbiter
che comics look like is based on the BG: descent into avernus campaign.
a lot of cool blood war arts but i din’t think bg3 is about that.
ELHL3IrVUAAZpn8

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
The only scenario in an RPG I can think of where it's appropriate to involve yourself in gigantic battlefields is when you strategically go around picking off key targets. Huge army vs army battles don't mesh well with the usual party-based gameplay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom