Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alphons

Cipher
So I read a bit about the game and apparently
You're the CHOSEN ONE and you sacrifice Yourself at the end
Pretty dissapointing that you're railroaded into the ending

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
You guys probably should calm down the fanatical hype, since the publisher PlayWay is the extreme case of 'throw gazillions of trailers at the wall and see what sticks'. They operate under five or six different names (now including CreativeForge Games of Hard West and Phantom Doctrine) and have hundreds of trailers and "Coming Soon"/"TBA" Steam pages with no sign of release in sight.

That said, since this trailer goes viral I'd guess they'll try to make this work somehow.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Yeah PlayWay is a funny company. The annouced about 30,000 games which apparently all run on the Car Simulator 2018 engine.

For example Jesus's object highlighting has an uncanny resemblance to CMS

waters-video.gif

CMhxmPg.jpg

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Already looking forward to the sequel, I Am Robert Bowers.

Morkar Left

I have to pass, too oldschool for me.

Pfft, fucking huge manual to understand what's going on in the game...

iu

Last edited by a moderator:

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
If my thread is merged with an older thread, why does the new thread have my old thread title?

Alphons

Cipher
If Jesus could turn into a mass murderer

That's for another game, also based on book.

ItheInquisitor-gra655.png

You guys probably should calm down the fanatical hype, since the publisher PlayWay is the extreme case of 'throw gazillions of trailers at the wall and see what sticks'. They operate under five or six different names (now including CreativeForge Games of Hard West and Phantom Doctrine) and have hundreds of trailers and "Coming Soon"/"TBA" Steam pages with no sign of release in sight.

That said, since this trailer goes viral I'd guess they'll try to make this work somehow.

My friend's cousin worked at Playway for a while and what I've heard is just pathetic.

If I remember correctly they operate on Steam under 9 names and have 35 subsidiaries where they own over 50%.
They operate by hiring freelance devs (mostly working on mobiles). They combine them into small groups (some work in 2, the biggest teams- for example Thief Simulator- have 8), get them some money that acts as a loan (along with interest paid from sales) and engine. Devs mostly work part- time along with their other freelance projects. Every couple of weeks they report their progress to someone from Playway and get paid.

Projects almost never get cancelled- even if there was no progress for 3 months. Playway and it's subsidiaries handle the marketing etc. Guys that work on games get a percent from sales once a loan gets paid, but most goes to publisher.

We were talking over a beer and I haven't seen any proof, but there has to be at least some truth in what I've heard considering this:

Whatever they do- it makes loads of money. In the first half of the year they've noted over 55 millions PLN income (33 millions after expenses) which places them on a 2nd place behind CDP RED.

That's right, if YOU don't pre-order Cyberpunk RIGHT NOW, Playway is the dystopian future of Polish game dev.
GO AND PRE-ORDER THAT FUCKING GAME

Repressed Homosexual
Any game that glorifies God and exposes more young people to the gospel and to the truth that Jesus came to earth and was resurrected so that they could have eternal life is a good thing.

Jesus Christ conquered death, the ultimate and last enemy, it is no more.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
No need to enable god mode, neat

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom