Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Terminator: Resistance - from Rambo: The Video Game devs

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
What's the point of fighting and surviving against Skynet and its' robotic cockblockers, if you can't see tiddays and get laid?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
That first one with the commander ain't bad for polygonal puppet sex, honestly. Second one is pretty goofy though. Bet both are patched out relatively quickly.

DeepOcean

Arcane
So overall, is this worth the buy?
Probably the last terminator game we will see on a LONG while, if you are a fan of the franchise, check it out. It is a modern shooter so you can expect some popamole and the game isn't super long, those are things that might annoy you if you arent a fan, so wait for a steam sale and grab it.

PrettyDeadman

I finished it. It was pretty gud, but on an easier side.
It feels they could've done more with this, but it is still alright.
At times it reminded me of fallout 4 (lol), with all the scavenging in destroyed buildings. It feels they could've went open world way, but they didn't.
Hospital was almost horror. The terminators walking around, skinning people alive or smh, and you can't do anything against them with your puny firearms. But soon you get plasma and start killing them easily.

Codex Year of the Donut
This had an update last month, wonder if they're working on DLC. Not sure how sales were but it got really good reviews from players despite being heavily panned all around by critics.
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/954740/view/1693855424257995976
Game Update - Balance, Immersion and Localisation
Patch notes for the most recent title update with highly requested improvements and updates.
Teyon have released a major title update for Terminator: Resistance on Steam. It includes some highly requested balance, technical and gameplay updates. We have also added support for some additional languages.

This is a great time to give the game a second playthrough, you can also reach out to us at @Reef_Games on Twitter if you want to provide feedback!

Patch Notes:

Additional Languages
  • Russian subtitles and text are now supported
  • Japanese subtitles and text are now supported
  • Simplified Chinese subtitles and text are now supported

Balance
  • General enemy AI Improvements and fixes
  • Enemies will behave differently based on difficulty selection
  • Improved general balance of difficulty levels.
  • Loot found will now differ depending on the difficulty
  • Weapon stats will differ between difficulties
  • General weapon stats have been slightly modified
  • Skill tree variables have been slightly modified
  • Rail plasma weapons (Snipers) now consume 5 ammo rounds per shot, instead of 1
  • TC16 plasma weapons (Semi-Auto rifles) now consume 2 ammo rounds per shot, instead of 1

Video/Graphics
  • FOV (Field of view) slider added to video options
  • FidelityFX (AMD) option added to video options (Contrast-Adaptive Sharpening and upscaling)
  • Immersion Upgrades - HUD modification options added. You can now enable/disable individual HUD elements to make the game more immersive
  • Improved support for Ultrawide resolutions
  • Level lighting & post-processing improvements
  • Chromatic aberration toggle added to video options
  • Other small graphics improvements and tweaks

Gameplay
  • Player movement/locomotion has been slightly improved

Other
  • Save backup system added to help prevent data being lost
  • Numerous crash fixes
  • Other small bug fixes and improvements

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I assume you could hack the FOV somehow but good they added a slider. I have to turn the FOV up on pretty much every game. Hopefully they didn't patch out the bewbs. :bounce:

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Anybody try out the patched version with the improved A.I. yet?

Worth a re-install?

Yo this was a great game. I give it an 8/10. It does for the Terminator franchise what Alien: Isolation did for Alien. It's incredibly faithful to the overall design of the universe, has great characterization, different playstyles, optional romances, choice and consequence etc. The gameplay shines on its own with how many different approaches you you can take in fighting the enemies (hacking, setting traps, stealth, sniping from a distance, straight up avoiding etc.)

Loved it.

I assume you could hack the FOV somehow but good they added a slider. I have to turn the FOV up on pretty much every game. Hopefully they didn't patch out the bewbs. :bounce:
Happy to tell you that they didn't patch out any boobs. You still need to use the FOV hack because the slider doesn't apply to the cutscenes. It's really simple so do it. The bewbs are worth :D

JDR13

Arcane
Just started playing this last night, and it's a lot better than I was expecting. The production values are AA at best, but the exploration is decent, and they pull off the post-apoc atmosphere.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Just started playing this last night, and it's a lot better than I was expecting. The production values are AA at best, but the exploration is decent, and they pull off the post-apoc atmosphere.

Glad to hear you enjoy it. For a cheaper developed title and a movie tie in game I think it does a pretty decent job, especially compared to the other Terminator games from the last ten years.

What would be cool if this game had a multiplayer mode with a sort of ongoing warzone element.
I am also still waiting for any expansion DLCs as I would like to see an additional Single Player campaign.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Oh this is so cool, especially that they got Schwarzenegger's friend who also played the infiltrator in the future scene in Terminator 1.

JDR13

Arcane
I wonder if they asked his permission to use his likeness.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom