Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Everreach: Project Eden - indie Mass Effect clone

Ranarama

Learned
Elder games? How subtle.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Ive finished it. Man, even the story is derp lol
Aliens from 8000y ago had some plague and are indoctrinating people in present day to harvest them for experiments on how to cure the plague on their children left in cryo for 8000y?
How?Wut?How?Wut?How?Wut?...
You get this in last 5 min. there are no grownup aliens so who would do the experiments is never answered. There is no end boss (there are like 3 enemy types in whole game)
Its really ~8h and there is no side quests at all except at the beginning just one.

Only good thing I could say about it is that music has nice 70s retro vibe like Tangerine Dream lite. If it had descent gameplay i would give it a 4/10 because it has this cheap B sci fi from the 80s vibe you used to rent on VHS but as it is just for music its 1/10

Pretty much this. The premise is interesting until the final reveal that makes the whole story dump.

Gameplay is acceptable, it's a cover shooter with rpg elements that enrich the experience a bit by throwing in new powers from time to time. Hoverbike sections were frustrating, but I liked the feeling of speed, especially during combat.

Visuals are nice, especially for an indie studio.

I hoped the gunship from which you flee several times will be the endboss, but it crushes long before the endgame and in a stupid way. I was so focused on evading its blast zones I did not even know I'm attacking it and doing some damage. Talk about anti-climactic showdowns.

Ofcourse the game is too short. Propably the only rpg in my life I managed to complete in one day (checking both endings). Between 2 quests where you actually make choices and choosing different upgrades there is very little replayability.

It's nice that the initial sidequest influences the ending "slide" - the article of the journalist concerning the events that transpired on Eden.

Most I can give is 5/10, but I'd like to see where the devs go from here and if they learn from theirs mistakes.

Last edited:

Frozen

Arcane
I almost forgot everything about this game but i remember that even as a shooter its kind of shit. AI is retarded and there is no range so if you can detect enemies from 10000m and just piu-piu you can kill them easy. Gameplay is broken and aim drags you to one side of a screen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom