Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Multiplay Alpha Centauri - Binary Dawn - Game 3

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Yp59Acn.png

Also here are the stats from the most recent election from the Morganic point of view. As you can see Sparta and the Believers have considerable individual population advantages over Morgan, U.N. and yours truly (as blocs we are extremely evenly matched). I suppose I could launch golden ages to population boom like everyone else but for that I would need psych-enhancing facilities and creches. Suffice it to say I haven't exactly been prioritizing those. Anyway as you can see, if it wasn't for Zakharov's votes Miriam would actually have become Governor, very tight race now that Gaia is voting with the fanatics.

txfMani.png

Current project distribution. Peacekeepers rushed the Empath Guild right after the election, so their votes are now effectively re-doubled. Spartans are pursuing the Cyborg Factory which currently only they have access to. Similarly the University is the only faction (as of yet!) with the required tech to build the lab-boosting Bose-Einstein Condenser.

sC6QJjC.png

In terms of raw power the Believers are topping the chart. They are still pop booming and devote a couple of bases to military buildup. Sparta is a close second and is currently dominating in tech. Worth pointing out is that Sparta went on a nerve-stapling spree incurring a whopping 67 years of economic sanctions. Yours truly continues to dominate the military score.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

HARMONIOUSLY ENLIGHTENED MANKIND CELEBRATES HIVE-PRIDE WORLDWIDE!

In marked celebration of Mankind's Eightieth Year of Astoundingly Fruitful Progress on Planet the Agitation Department of the Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of Humanity (ADCPRH) hosted yet another splendid performance of dazzlingly startling Unity-building, this time broadcast across the entirety of Chiron on both conventional frequencies and experimental empathic channels as well as into the far depths of space for good proper measure! The event, acclaimed as the very height of eloquence and the peak of top-tier tastefulness expanded on strong entertainment foundations of solo singing, traditional folk dance and mass-synchronized gymnastics. As to be expected of our ever-advancing and evolutionary collective it also contained new exciting expressions of Hive culture, particularly spearheaded by Chairman Yang's newly formed all-female performance troupe.

Delivering such patriotic and ideologically sound songs as "No Mankind without Unity", "We Sing of Mother-Vault" and inter-factional super-hit "With Pride!" the supremely talented ensemble impressively represented the unified thoughts and feelings of the Human Hive with utmost credit. Beloved Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang personally organized the band as required by the new age of progress, prompted by a grandiose plan to continuously harvest the enriching yields of inter-factional commerce while simultaneously bringing about a dramatic turn in the field of literature and arts to encourage beautiful flowering of previously unseen Sheng-Ji Yangist splendour!

In addition to warm cultural outreach through the performance arts, the grand broadcast further showcased the new exciting boreholes on Hive Prime, the high-yield mining enterprises deep within the volcanic crust of Mount Yang and the rapid completion of Mankind's first Cruiser prototype, developed strictly independently by the Hive Naval Corps and ensuring complete Hive supremacy upon the high seas for all eternity! Truly a triumph for Humanity and true lasting peace and friendship!

That lovely video is so good I didn't even have to alter the subtitles.

Oh, and somehow the cruiser tech just came to me. Funny how that works. :lol:

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
04H3L0u.png

NEWSFLASH! Precisely as predicted by the Human Hive Security Strategy Department the rabid religious rabble known as the "Lord's Believers" have launched their poorly concealed campaign of malicious, murderous mayhem! The sudden assault proves beyond any doubt the savage nature of their accursed faction and reinforces unquestionably and absolutely the legitimacy of Marshal Yang's previous pronunciation of preemptive, protective vendetta against Miriam's erroneous enclave. Reports from beleaguered University of Planet already tell of manifold atrocities committed against the pure pursuers of scientific truth by the frothing fanatics; their goal, evidently, being the ultimate conquest of Chiron in the name of regression and a return to stone age hooting and howling before idols and iconography as dead and devoid of meaning as their ridiculous and utterly useless creed.

T5OykZG.gif

Naturally our stalwart leadership is always a good step ahead of the troglodyte enemy. Marshal Sheng-Ji Yang, Chairman of the Human Hive and Supreme Commander of Hive Security, personally gave field guidance to the test-fire of state-of-the-art super-large multiple rocket launchers near Warrens of Thought, verifying in terms of combat operation the characteristics of trajectory, accuracy and precise homing function of this awesomely destructive addition to the supremely powerful Hive arsenal!

Our Great and Eternally Wise Leader highly appreciated the ardent dedication to the principles of the Unity Mission of the leading scientists and technicians in the field of factional defense in U.N. Headquarters who provided instrumental technical assistance in prototyping the new weaponry, extending on behalf of the Human Hive his thanks with genuine and heartfelt gratitude. "In a time of trouble, Mankind must come together and forge ahead with its development of new strategic and tactical weapons to counter the ever-present military threat and growing pressure from Believing forces", our beloved Chairman said, vowing swift and superbly efficient intervention to support allied University and Peacekeeping forces!

UL4FZbe.png

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Ah, the Hive Photocopying Machine.
This alliance is pretty good.
Morgan brings in the dough.
UN brings in the intel
While Hive is the War Factory.
But feed the bear too much and suddenly everyone looks like easy prey.

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane
Accessing Morganlinks Archives

Clearance level: King found, level needed: Pawn

Triumph of the MCMSE

MNN newsfeed archives

Despite intensive counterattacks by Deidrist Radicals, the forces of the rightful Gaian Assembly supported by mercenaries and friendly MCMSE associated forces, push forward towards Canyon Falls.

Some losses have been inflicted by an enemy mindworm boil controlled by radicalist empaths, particularly on the 3rd Morgan H2GO Militia. Despite their extensive use of Metronome(tm) psychotronics implants and impressive Plasmashield(tm) combat exosuits, the unit has been effectively routed and devoured by the weaponized aliens.

The 2nd Psyker detachment reported they have annihilated the enemy mind worm boil in what has been dubbed as the deepwoods psionics skirmish. Will this victory be another in a series of tit for tat engagements or will MCMSE and Gaian Assembly forces break the deadlock? Questions mount as Deidrists refuse to lay down their arms, prolonging what has been called a swift and efficient operation to restore the legal order in Gaian bases.

Enemy agents attempted to sabotage MCMSE encampments on the outskirts of Canyon Falls. They have been stopped by valiant spec ops teams that uncovered their plot and fought to the bitter end. The Deidrist saboteurs were forced to retreat and were destroyed by the pursuing forces of the 1st Morgan Psyker detachment.

Sources from within the besieged base of Canyon Falls claim that the Deidrists have moved all available forces away from Gaia’s Landing to reinforce city before the expected assault by forces of the legal and rightful Gaian Assembly.

Intensive fighting on the streets of Canyon Falls as liberating MCMSE forces lead by the 2nd Morgan Justice Inc. Penal Brigade begin their push into the north-eastern sectors of the city. Impaler slugs are cutting through the air and enemy forces like a hot knife through butter. According to unofficial reports, the Deidrists are slowing giving up control of the base, block by block.

The 2nd Psyker detachment has swept across the main street of Canyon Falls from the south, bypassing the forces engaged by the 2nd Morgan Justice Inc. Penal Brigade. Civilians cheered as they have once again regained their freedom, as Deidrist forces have been pushed out of the city along with their machine of state terror.

The 2nd Cavalry Brigade has blitzed right through the undergunned and undermanned forces defending Gaias Landing, securing the base for the Gaian Assembly. The extremist and disgraced despot Deidre Skye was nowhere to be found, most likely fleeing via xenofungus to the northern cities still besieged by friendly Hive forces. It is only a matter of time before the tyrant Deidre is found and brought to justice, by the rightful stewards of the Gaian faction.

*THIS AD WILL END IN 230 SECONDS*

Prepare for the epitome of sonic brutality. An event so loud and offensive even Miriam Godwinson can’t get any sleep during it, despite being a continent away! Proudly supported by Morgan Meltdown Records, Planet’s first choice in TRUE NECRO and BRUTAL death metal music records.

lPKAGtw.png

ITZ EDGEFEST 2180.

For the first time held in the Dark and Brutal western GREAT ITZWOODZ near Canyon Falls, providing maximum depressive ambience to the leading open-air metal music festival. Enjoy the truly aggressive sounds of Chiron’s baddest bands live with...

..the FETUS EATERS, now on tour promoting their debut album “We start with the placenta”...

...IMPEACH GOD, with their greatest hits such as “Impaliation”, “I fucked Deidre with a rusty screwdriver and didn’t even come once” and “Lucifer is my blood-drinking buddy”...

...the Korwinators, and their classic headbanging anthems of liberty including but not limited to “I want to keep my money (and give absolutely nothing to the government)”, “Guns and Nukes for All”, “Apprentices of the Invisible Hand” and “Why is your economy Green?”.

Last but not least two BEHEMOTHS of brutality will lead the lineup while you assemble the biggest wall of death ever seen on Chiron. The legend of noisecore nudeathgrind [incomprehensible brutal growling] and the even bigger legend, the deeply dark and blasphemous DEMONICA, which already survived 6 assassination attempts by Believing exorcists! Watch them live before the lucky seventh exorcist hit squad rolls a hard six!

ITZ EDGEFEST 2180 AND IT HAS EDGE

Tickets now available at morganevents on the morganlinks! Buy exclusive band merchandise NOW!!!!!

Morgan TV Channel 3 advertisements, 20th of April, Q2 Fiscal Year 2181

Limitations, we all come across them. There is only just so much you can do. The body is a masterpiece, a fine tuned piece of craftsmanship. It takes an artist, a genius, no, a team of geniuses, to improve upon the birth-form. Months and weeks of hard labor and passion to deliver a masterpiece at bio-enhancement clinics. Yet sometimes all of these are spent only to deliver appalling kitsch, a desecration of the human form or deadly sepsis.

X25Dim2.png

At the Da Vinci Medical Institute only true grandmasters of the art reside, modern men of the biotechnological renaissance. They form a guild of exquisite craftsmen that use modern tools to sew, paint and sculpt the finest artworks mankind has ever scene. Men that can jump 10 meters high. Women that can crush a graphene exosuit with just two fingers. Brokers that can predict and notice market trends before others even notice something change in available data. Mercenaries that shrug off all kinds of conventional weaponry and ordnance impacting their bodies. Courtesans that let people reach the apex of carnal pleasure.

The Morgan Da Vinci Medical Institute delivers high quality at reasonable prices, premium options in transhumanism with no risk of complications, with quick procedure times due to our secret and highly sophisticated artistic techniques. The level of eloquence in the cybernetics we provide is more than just Neurofiber(tm) weaving and ports, it is pure artistry and a redesign of your human form into something far more superior, spectacular and simply breath-taking. Something nature could not create, but a real master of the art could.

Visit us at DaVinciInstitute on the Morganlinks, become better, transcend the birth-form, be our masterpiece.

The turn is 81 and the Gaians are very close to becoming a footnote in history. AO has some holdouts but the bulk of his forces is gone and his main bases have been liberated from Deidre's radical environmentalism. It was a tough fight at times, at times the RNG fucked me, and Miriam most certainly wired credits Deidre's way, but in the end despite some initial losses and disorganization I managed to mount an effective push, outmanoeuvre AO (who was also fighting Kalin) and grab dat green clay for myself.

Gaian Clay is not the only thing I grabbed:

I asked for this.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
OFX3NGk.png

Breaking news! The Human Hive is pleased to announce the pacification of the Uranium Flats insurrection under the benevolent but firm hand of peace-promoting Hive Security! Following a spectacular display of coordinated impact cannon bombardment and dedicated infantry charges the enemy stronghold known as Chiron Redwood has been utterly cleansed of opposing forces. The base had functioned as the final holdout of Deirdre's eco-terrorist enclave following the expertly carried out destruction of Verde Hills last year. Its splendid liberation thus marked the definite end of all murderous Gaian activity on rightful Human Hive soil - a grand and inspiring victory for the Unity and friends of peace and prosperity everywhere on Planet!

Vice-Marshal Kim commented upon the completion of the campaign by reciting ancient words of wisdom from our esteemed forefathers: "If there are more wolves, the people are eaten; if there are more people, the wolves are eaten! The Gaians ought to have known better than to antagonize a faction renowned for fecundity and composed entirely of supreme Wolf Warriors! Now - as ever- Human Hive is NUMBER ONE!"

9d2YT7c.png

Deirdre herself was quick to leave her brainwashed followers behind, scurrying off in frantic flight aboard a crude escape pod, no doubt to hide among her Believing paymasters. Naturally she cannot escape justice for long, not least since the opening of Mankind's foremost Maritime Control Center in factional headquarters Black Mountain Mines. The grand institution, implemented simultaneously with the Morganic push to dominate the field of bio-enhancement and cybernetic augmentation, has effectively rendered our Hive Naval Corps doubly invincible and ensures the Unity's continued perpetual domination of all seas on Chiron by the majestic might of the Hong Da Cruiser fleet!

In other news, wretched arch-criminal Miriam Godwinson has reportedly taken a holo-page out of the mad Colonel's battle manual by resorting in stark contravention of the U.N. Charter to simply nerve-staple her entire population to enforce their compliance with her most foolish and suicidal crusade against the Unity. The fact that Miriam's brutal savagery is conducted under the guise of bleating pleas for peace in broadcasts steeped in softness that makes one utterly nauseous only further reinforces the shamefully duplicitous nature of this particularly despicable blight upon humanity. Now that the Gaian threat has been eradicated, Marshal Yang vows redoubled emphasis on combating the bloated Believing abomination in new and updated Hive Security Policy protocols.

Agent fought well but of course he couldn't stand against our combined might. Still pulled off some nice tricks like ambushing with worms and subverting Hellraiser's rovers using them to decimate my Hordelings. Final push against Deadwoods made use of an APC carrying formers allowing me to instantly connect the highway of death from Bangellian Deeps to the base's road network and send in units to rush-attack. All in all I'm sure I lost more units than I killed, but they're replaceable for me, not so much for low-support factions. With Believing support it could've been different, but Merc seems to be focusing on his war against Zakharov and Grimgravy. Ah, and speaking of which...

hjyaGRC.png

The words "Fabulously optimistic" come to mind. :lol:

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane
Oi, only reason I'm at war with you is because Zak broke pact, as he wanted me to wage war with you (didn't want to do it, treaty commerce was better than his pact commerce) and you later stapled the shit out of your drones, which lost me precious commerce due to sanctions.

Now I have no pact commerce from Zakharov and no treaty commerce from you. To maximize mah net income, I wanted to get back into Zakharov's good graces by declaring war and getting the pact back, but no, AI Zakharov is being retardo as usual (backstabbing AO probably didn't help).

Hellraiser

Arcane
Doom and Gloom

Darkness engulfed the lab. Primary power was out, emergency lights kicked in highlighting the way to the exits through the pitch black. Adam was busy following the emergency procedure. He never thought he would have to do it with so little warning and so little time, seems Dixon and Mann fucked up major time. Before nearby troops could be mobilized enemy operatives made it to the base, slipping past patrols and security checkpoints unnoticed.

"Can't we just send them through the network first?" A young lab tech asked. "It's years of work!"

"The network is most likely compromised," Adam replied, "Miriam's goons might be fanatics and butchers but they know their way around net security."

"It is worth the shot, this data and specifications for growing specimens could be what we need to fight back!" The technician insisted.

"No, we can retrace our research based on what has been securely transferred to the secondary breeding sites."

The technician sighed. "Fine," he said. Adam was continuing to scrub the drives. Specimens began to float dead in the tanks.

"Well," Adam commented, "at least the bug spray is working as Doc Merkwürdigliebe advertised."

At this point Adam sensed something, it was... treachery? No, treachery felt differently. This, this was guilt and fear. Adam turned around. The lab technician has just inserted a data cube into the breeding tank's control station.

"You should know better than that Mr. Walker," Adam told the lab tech. In Walker's mind Adam's disappointment seemed to echo.

"Sir, please consider this option again!" Walker pleaded desperate to keep his work alive.

"I have considered my options..."

A noticeable but not very audible hiss followed. Next a thud came from Walker collapsing on the floor, as his brain was no longer in the position to provide conscious or even unconscious commands to his nervous system.

"...and if I cannot trust you to obey me then the only option is clear according to our corporate policy." Adam continued as steam rose from the laser beam wound in Walker's skull. The hissing from the steam stopped being audible. He holstered his MH-9 "Pacifier" laser pistol and removed the data cube. Next he crushed it with his black leather boot. He also put Walker's body on the conveyor belt to the incinerator.

He felt conviction. He now knew he was not alone, enemy operatives must have made their way in. Adam tried to cross-reference the thoughts he felt with the facility's layout. They were close, he knew it.

A black figure probed from behind a corner. It seemed familiar with infiltration, its thoughts betrayed this. Another figure moved ahead as soon as the first gave the go.

"Urgh!!!" It yelled as it sat down on the floor behind a desk.

"Gamma, what's happening?" The first operative asked as he turned his goggled head to inspect the second for wounds.

Operative Gamma physically seemed fine. In his mind however he felt fear, absolute terror. He saw a terrifying monster, a locust of chiron, as big as a man looking right at him. His training and instinct knew what to do, he fired silenced submachine gun burst right into the monster.

"Nnnnooo," Gamma cried as he realised that where the monster once stood there was now a dead man, "my lord is my sheppppp-herd..." he prayed only to stop suddenly, after which the only sound coming out of him was laser wound hissing.

"I am the light bringer, the dawn star," Adam whispered as he made his way to the evacuation route. The silent self-destruct was already at 11 minutes and 6 seconds to detonation. Following it the underground parking would come down on the lab, along with the rest of the rest of the main Morgan Psychotronics office building.

Rocks rumbled beneath the Charleston Cruiser's wheels. While the offroad path it followed was not the fastest one it was the safest one given the circumstances. Adam did not know where and how many troops were around. The SecLinks were silent, this meant either nodes were sabotaged or the network was compromised. The media though were far from silent, can't make ad money if you're not broadcsting after all.

"Initial reports confirm the believing act of terror," the MNN news feed playing on the MorganBoy(tm) smartwatch said.

"Genocide unseen on Planet," the news anchor continued, "but not surprising given that the belligerent regime of Miriam has already been known to nerve staple and commit other crimes against mankind."

The watch's display switched to a notification window.

Caller: CEO Morgan. Accept call?

Morgan's face appeared on the display.

"Adam, I see you are alive. Was getting worried I need to ask HR to post an internal recruitment announcement."

"Don't worry," Adam consoled him, "it seems we have more vacancies to fill in Psychotronics. Should make for a hell of a lot of recruitment requests to submit."

"Yes," Morgan chucked, "but seeing that you are alive that is still your job."

"So they did it huh?" The CPO asked. "Attacked unprovoked?"

"That seems to be their style." Morgan sighed. "Terrible business partners, first they get sanctioned eating into our export profits, now they reduce our primary power production facility to rubble, killing also all those consumers and staff. A terrible day for free enterprise and our margins! Also all those assets lost in the lab!"

"And to think you were pondering a truce, non-aggression treaty even, and would have forgave them for the theft of the MSV Horizons."

"Well, if they continued to accept our exports I would have considered it settled. Stopped sending them court orders and payment reminders 15 years ago because of it. Now though..." Morgan paused.

"Now they got on my bad side." Morgan said strongly. "Don't know yet how I'll deal with it, not with Zakharov being an idiot and causing more problems, again. He declared war on Santiago in some unprofessional hissy fit, while getting his hide kicked by the crusaders!"

"This whole quote, war, unquote is because of him." Adam concluded.

"Well, he did get attacked and he did buy our products." Morgan justified his choices. "Customer loyalty goes both ways, but he is indeed too unresonable"

"Even I can't read the mind of that russkie." Adam told him. "I only sensed... a sea of thoughts wracked by a storm. True chaos."

"Few people understand true genius it seems." The CEO laughed. "Anyway Adam, get back to HQ ASAP, not like you have an office anymore. I am sending out a meeting invitation on Morgansoft Schedulizer. We're going to see how to deal with this crisis of the month before they torch one of our mansions."

"Right, see you there."

Oy vey, Morgan Psychotronics got mind controlled by a probe team in one of the greatest examples of PBEM irony to grace codexian SMACing/SMAXing. Then it got razed to the ground, and Manifold Nexus got renamed to some pseudo-biblical hogwash. I'll rename it back when I got the chance, thought it was called Planet Nexus so that's its current name. Worst atrocity since Pearl Harbor and 9/11. Fiscal Year 2188, nevah forget!

Seems I also left a bunch of convicts armed with impaler rail guns near the base, and they also got brainwashed. However they had the unfortunate pleasure of finding non-brainwashed convicts armed with impalers, and foolishly tried to attack them while suffering from a hasty penalty (I think). They lost.

Well, in any case this is the second completely unprovoked act of open hostility by the Believers against me, so I guess I need to strongly and openly pick a side. A pity, I was hoping I would get some peace and build nice energy banks and network nodes everywhere. Guess it is totally impossible to avoid combat in SMAX PBEM.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
ytC0hGk.png

HIVE-TV NEWFLASH! Nwabudike Morgan's most prudent proposal to repeal the U.N. Charter pending much needed review and revision, taking duly into account the very specific particulars of life on Chiron which were unaccounted for by the original mission statement, was crudely rejected by the Council today, primarily due to erratic abstention on the part of Zakharov which was baffling to human imagination in conjunction with the sadly more predictable obstinate refusal to see reason from Santiago, Miriam and Deirdre.

This unreasonable display from the GANG OF THREE came only a year after their attempt to prevent the rightful reelection of Governor Pravin Lal, a foul affair in which the depraved Believers went so far as to employ genocide against Morganic citizens not only to strike a blow in their vendetta but also to effectively conduct election fraud by depriving a faction of votes during a running election, all in order to intoxicate the people with religious toxins and realize at any cost their failed old dream of making murderous Miriam the head of our Planetary Government.

Commenting on the Council session, Supreme Leader Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang termed the vote testament not merely to the sheer ineptitude of femoid leadership but an actual expression of malicious intent towards the interests of the Unity. Father Hope urged all factions to reconsider their current attitudes and to reflect profoundly upon their actions to help avoid further straining inter-factional relations.

[MARKET-KILLING ADVERT]

KnOiCWO.png

HUMAN HIVE INTER-FACTIONAL TOURISM FAQ!

Are you looking for responsible FUN? Interested in superior HIVE CULTURE? Eager to learn UNFILTERED TRUTH? A guided tour to the HUMAN HIVE is the ultimate high-value adventure pack expertly tailored by the Department for Inter-Factional Transport and Tourism-Related Commerce to foster enduring and genuine bonds of affection with all (right-thinking) people on Chiron to promote the goals of the Unity. Huddle together and experience the deep comfort of communal underground living! View the Majestic Mega-Mines of Mount Yang in their full glory! See the Uranium Flats where reeducated New People are hard at work harvesting the lifeblood of human progress!

Sounds good but how safe is it to visit the Human Hive?

Answer – The Human Hive is probably the safest place on Chiron to visit - our bases are naturally free from petty crime and Hive dwellers are friendly and accommodating, as long as you avoid insulting their beliefs or ideology. Even during tense political moments and inter-factional warfare tourism to the Hive is never affected, nor is its factional safety!

What do these group tours include?

Answer – Our tours cover hydrofoil and shuttle transportation, full Hup Seng Luxury Value meals unless detailed as an option on the itinerary, sleeping bunk accommodation, trained Hive tour guides and all entry fees for attractions.

Can I take photos/videos/selfies?

Answer – Of course! The Human Hive is an open society, but some recording equipment can be restricted. If you are concerned, submit yourself for early inspection so we can give advice. Also your Hive guides will give you warning of any "no-no" zones and it's crucial to follow their requests. For the most part, you are only unable to take pictures of security check points, classified equipment, otherwise sensitive areas, safety zones, or close ups of Hive Security. Other than that - snap away!

Am I free to wander?

Answer – No. You must be accompanied by guides at all times, but this kind of adds to the mysticism of the underground faction! If you see a place you would like to explore in more detail you can politely ask your Hive guides, but please understand if the answer is no, it can't be done.

I'm a Psyker. Can I go?

Answer – Naturally, but be advised you must wear a HiveTek psychic nullifier at all times. Don't worry - it's super comfy!

I'm investigating Human Rights. Can I go?

Answer – Of course! However, for U.N. charter-related business, please book the special inspection tour with genuine visits to actual work halls selected totally at random and being entirely representative of our impeccable labour, legal and civil conditions.

What currency should I bring with me to the Human Hive?

Answer – Pre-purchased HiveTek NuYuan cred-sticks only. You can buy Unity drinks and snacks to take with you on your day trips, but mostly those who travel to the Hive will spend the majority of their spending money on souvenirs such as posters, holo-reels and precious cultural craftsmanship.

Should I tip?

Answer – Yes! Tipping is most welcome and goes directly to the Hive guides who are completely free to enjoy your gifts without having to declare this extra income to the department to boost the faction economy. Gifts of all kinds are also appropriate to foster warm relations with service staff and Hive dwellers, so pack your bags accordingly.

What if I have differing opinions?

Answer – That is your right! However we recommend refraining from having a debate with the guides. Remember, that their beliefs are important to them. Be respectful, don't laugh, and keep your comments to yourself. You can ask questions, but in a respectful manner. The guides will delicately let you know if they can't answer. Everyone has read or seen lots on the Human Hive on their factional datalinks, this is your opportunity to listen to the other side. If you are quiet and listen you will be surprised just how much you can learn!

What to wear during my visit?

Answer – Modesty is very important to Hive dwellers. It's important that you show respect when visiting. ‘Smart casual’ is an easy description of the minimum dress code. You don't have to wear a Hive suit or formal dress, but definitely nothing crude or tasteless as defined by the People's Communally Adopted Civilian Dress Code Regulations of Year 89 and the Department of Social Discipline's List of Forbidden Forms of Anti-Sheng Ji Yangist Expression [see attached documents].

Yes I just copied an actual tourist faq because I felt like posting extra shit. :lol:

Raking in some good commerce from trading with Morgan, Zakharov and Lal, total income is around 65 which of course is dwarfed and horribly yehzah-mogged by the Believing blob of nerve-stapled zealots producing big boy 200+ cyber-shekels per turn in oppressive free market system. Yours truly is busy building a navy, I'm told Believers are doing likewise.

Also pursuing the Planetary Transit System, which, so far, I'm the only one who has access to, whereas Sparta is pursuing the Longevity Vaccine. Oh, and I got some snazzy chaps with nerve gas, but no charter repeal. Frustrating, to say the least. Would've bribed Zakharov to vote YEA, but he's a fickle fellow. Miriam can't purge him soon enough.

Hellraiser

Arcane
War Theme

Morganlinks info feed, December 5th, Q4 Fiscal Year 2192.

POYO0x9.png

Morgan Corporate Premises Protection reminds YOU that it is OUR duty to check for signs of TERRORIST activity.

They can lurk behind the inconspicous rocks, behind the ITZWOODZ tree or behind a fungal tower. Never assume an area is safe, Morgan Psychotronics thought it was safe, TWICE. Safety is a luxury for which we pay with blood and sweat!

Work HARD and DILLIGENTLY but most of all REMEMBER the TEN TELLTALE SIGNS of covert ENEMY INCURSION:

1) Gregorian chanting.
2) Sounds of prayer in the outdoors.
3) Unsexy clothing.
4) Cross-like jewellery or clothing ornaments.
5) Xenofungus smell mixed with a shade of urine stench.
6) Inability to recite from memory the corporate mission, vision and strategy or corporate slogan.
7) Awkward or strange reactions to the great works of cultural icons such as Joan Lancerider or Lil' Ho.
8) Failure to understand Morganican popcultural references.
9) Not knowing how to use the three seashells.
10) Random bible quoting.

REPORT such suspicious signs WITHOUT HESITATION to Corporate Premises Protection Officers, Data Protection Officers, your local militia or the nearest corporate psyker. When in doubt and feeling threatened SHOOT FIRST, pick up the gibs LATER and forget about asking the questions. It is better to frag your neighbour by accident with the MH-14 "Hellraiser" handheld rocket launching system, than to see the CHURCHNUTS wreck your home and kill all your neighbours and you!

This message of great importance to corporate security is sponsored by...

727fpu7.png

Friendworms! The perfect companion for you and your family!

Easy to feed, needs just xenofungus, burglars or Morgan ITZFOODZ Labs official WORMFOODZ!

*cuddly alien squeaking*

Very loyal, bonds with a strong PSIONIC LINK to great MINDS! Will never give you up!

Good with kids! Lets them train their psionic aptitude thus paving the way to a glorious career as a psyker!

Keep your family and home safe from danger! Any thoughts of not bonded and unfamiliar individuals will agitate your Friendworm pet boil into a murderous frenzy, making it seek out and devour the source of the perceived psionic disturbance!

Great for herding razorbeaks out in the pastures! A true cowboy has his trusty Friendworms keeping the herd away from danger and scouring the fungal patches for scary undomesticated xenopests!

Move over Fido!

*sad dog noises*

The future is here, the future is FRIENDWORMS!

*adorable slithering noises*

Morgan Happy Worm Ranch does not take responsibility for insufficient psionic aptitude and psionic bonding failures. Friendworms need to be fed regularly in order to avoid undesired consumption of the owners. Always bandage open wounds securely and minimize blood smell when near Friendworms. Do not keep Friendworms together with small animals such as hamsters or children under the age of 2. Do not attempt to use Friendworms as aids in sexual activities. In case of sudden undesired Friendworm boil agitation please play soothing death metal music to calm down your Friendworms.

Apparently they tuk mah psychotronics, again! :argh: Used my colony pod to rebuild it, foolishly believing my security was sufficient enough to stop more incursions. I was wrong, the churchnut lurked, waiting, plotting genocide. Around churchnuts never relax! Then again my fault for not giving it a proper garrison but just junk scouts for police, got sloppy with premises protection, lessons were learned.

On the other hand I did find some cheeky churchnuts trying to murder Morgan Spa & Beauty a turn earlier. Two probes and one impact rover hiding in the fungus. Killed one probe with my probe, got a pulse garrison into the base and moved a gamma squad, this forced them to run back to mommy Miriam. They got lucky, if I spotted them before I moved [redacted] that turn to [redacted] all 3 would be dead.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
ITZ!

SpkJ9rq.png

VENDETTA
has been pronounced upon the Spartan Federation for its violations of Planetary Law, blatant disregard for the framework of inter-factional commerce and criminal act of posing a level 3 strategic threat to the Human Hive! Supreme Marshal Sheng-Ji Yang, the Great Man, Who Is a Man of Deeds, now personally commands the lightning raid into Spartan territory from Warrens of Thought, leading our troops through PSI-link to complete victory and demonstrating before all Mankind the sheer military supremacy of the Unity!

vESYmhD.gif

The invincible forces of Hive Security and the Hive Naval Corps ardently work in close conjunction to carry out their orders and crush Santiago's brutal regime without mercy! Already the enemy stronghold Bunker 118 has been liberated and granted the sweet enriching joy of Sheng-Ji Yangism! Hundreds of thousands of freed Spartans cry heartfelt thanks to Chairman Yang with genuine adoration! This, of course, is only the beginning. "Sparta must repay for its past crimes unconditionally", our Mighty Marshal remarked, stressing that only his personal interrogation and execution of Santiago will suffice as a peace offering!

Lk7X1TI.png

The glorious attack - a stroke of ruthless genius that will be forever memorized by ardent students of military history on Planet - utilizes the full range of weapons in the Hive arsenal; the Hong Da Cruiser fleet, our Devastator Multiple Launch Rocket System and the recently gengineered Chemical Warriors, to name but a few. Assembled and dispatched under the guise of invading the Lord's Believers, the strike force was covertly redirected to take the Spartans completely by surprise and leave the entrenched zealots utterly dumbstruck!

As always, Marshal Yang has proven himself to be a good five steps ahead of the enemy - as to be expected of our Invincible and Triumphant General. The Supreme Leader now counts upon each and every Hive dweller to do their utmost! Obey! Endure! Triumph!

tmxFvog.png

Doom expansion set for Sparta! Originally planned to strike at the Believers but I could tell from allied intelligence my moves were being anticipated with far too much cunning. Rather than to repeat the failed invasion of Merc last game and sail into another trap I decided to send my units where they could accomplish the most: grabbing those massive and almost empty Spartan mega-cities with snazzy boreholes to boot! Clever move or suicide? Time will tell! Right now though, things look pretty good!

Hellraiser

Arcane
We’ve got a special one for you tonight, inspired by some very tough people. Let’s see if you guys can guess about which masters of brutality this one is...

*drums and distorted guitars start playing*

There are no fingerprints

Deep under water,

Nothing to tie one to a crime,

And if you seek vengeance

All you need are instruments of pain,

You need your...

PowerKnife? Check.

Rope? Check.

Pacifier? Check.

Augmentations? Check.

Impaler? Check.

Hellraiser? Check.

Acid? Check.

Body bag? Check.

Murmaiders Murmaiders Murmaiders Murmaiders...

Impeach God playing "Murmaiders" live at EDGEFEST 2195 in Morgan H2GO, Morgan Meltdown Records archives.

Morgan News Network newsfeed, 17th of August, Q3 Fiscal Year 2195

Theresa Emet: Following Chairman Yang’s enlightened leadership in the fight for freedom, CEO Morgan has been able to start making his dream of project Atlantis a reality.

Tom Uncle: That’s right Theresa! The most elite of private elite special forces unit, the Morgan Murmaiders PMC, was formed to take care of enormous crimes against the common people. Crimes Corazon Santiago has committed on her own people, even before Miriam Godwinson went on her crime spree against humanity!

Theresa Emet: An elite force indeed, enhanced with the best military-grade augmentations from the Morgan Da Vinci Medical Institute, it blasted enemy forces at Ironholm to bloody gibs with their MH-14 "Hellraiser" rocket launchers.

aUjCQ26.png

Tom Uncle: Please Theresa, do not use the criminal name of the base, now as thanks to its liberators’ the people of the city have renamed it to Morgan Murmaiders’ Fort.

Theresa Emet: Of course, we need to apply the four Ds here, that’s desantiagofication, decriminalization, democratization and demilitarization of the Spartan “Federation’s” oppressive regime. And now to our next story....

8JLB9Vk.png

Theresa Emet: ...Churchnut terrorists are not the only thing encroaching on our territory. On land, on the seas and pretty much anywhere the savage xenopests lurk. Unlike the friendly Friendworms they seek to kill livestock and people, gorging on their flesh and bodily fuilds.

Tom Uncle: From the small mindworm boils to massive isles of the deep and swarms of locusts of Chiron, xenopest numbers have severely increased. Top Morgan Psychotronics scientists, now residing in the temporary office in Morgan Heliworks, claim that this is linked to the secondary star Hercules approaching its perigee also known as periherculi.

Theresa Emet: This as with many things in life is not just a risk but also an opportunity. With so much game around everyone wants to get a piece of the planet pearl harvesting pie. Hunting organizations report record membership application numbers. Competition for the xenopest bounty is fierce.

Tom Unle: To beat others to the riches found within worm husks certain innovative hunters have started to hunt worms in the night. But one cannot simply go into the darkness of planet’s night, one needs the right gear!

Theresa Emet: That's right! The Morgan NighSight is a high-tech imaging visor compatible with all available exosuit standards. From the humble Graphene suits to Plasmashields and even Hexbarriers! With it hunters have reported record high numbers of retrieved planet pearls and record low numbers of fatilities during nocturnal hunting expeditions.

Tom Uncle: Wow, sounds like easy money, one just needs some investment and smarts to see the great opportunity that is nighttime xenopest hunting with Morgan NightSight!

Theresa Emet: Indeed, without Morgan NightSight hunters just foolishly walk and hike across the wilderness and end up emptyhanded! How unprofitable!

Tom Uncle: Sure is unprofitable! Best get your NighSight today and start hunting and killing worms in their sleep like a real man! I heard it can also be used to spot TERRORISTS with the right premium model features!

Theresa Emet: Indeed it can, no Believing fanatic can hide in the night when your eyes are aided by Morgan NightSight! Buy one now!

In other news after the break...

...borehole improvements yield major benefits to Morgan Deep Mining operations.

...militias are pleased with the MH-14 “Hellraiser” rocket launchers. They report their fight with Believing terrorists went smoothly producing “ludicrous gibs” upon rocket impact!

...South-Western Morganica still sees major fighting that goes in our favor! After successfully hunting down all the would-be destroyers of Morgan Spa & Beauty that started running 3 years ago, after their plot was foiled by a vigilant terraforming crew, another group of terrorists was identified by Corporate Premises Protection and utterly routed, despite enemy offshore bombardment!

The turn is 95. While some victories were made today the facts are Usury hooked up a shitload of artifacts to his network nodes and he kind of has the tech advantage in addition to his superior economy, fuelled by over 900 years of sanctions IIRC from nerve stapling. Also he’s now building the Planetary Energy Grid as he got mechanical resonance before anyone else and supposedly also can build submarines.

Things are certainly going in an interesting direction. There are some interesting parallels to the codexian SMAC vanilla PBEM game 2 where I played the Hive. Only this time the ignored topdog expecting an invasion has a bigger tech advantage.

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I am deeply saddened by news of expanding conflict and the unprovoked attack on Colonel Santiago's Spartan Federation. While I would not call the Spartan's friendly, they have been decent neighbors and I mourn their dead. I also mourn this distraction from the true enemy of peace on Chiron: Miriam and her extortionate Churchnuts. All our resources are better spent against her directly or bringing the Spartan into the conflict against Miriam. On behalf of UN Mission Command formally, I formally censures Chairman Yang and CEO Morgan and request an immediate cease fire and the opening of negotiations.

- Commissioner Pravin Lal, UN Mission Command

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Lord's Believers' Senior Cleric declares Jihad, but claims he killed no one in a rare interview with Peacekeeper's mission of mercy

kWRwQbo.png

Hellraiser

Arcane
Absinthe committed crimes against commerce by stapling his drones. I made decent commerce off of him but then it disappeared making my net profit sad. Would have pacted him otherwise as I honestly needed to catch up in building after the rather ad hoc Project Burning Man (lost more units than planned initially) and didn't want to build for another war.

He also was in a very good position to contest some projects, tried to steal Neural Grafting from him (he got lucky he got it from an artefact, would research it sooner than him or anyone else), but got the tech that increases commerce instead. Brute force probe failed to steal it or that other tech I did not have (Naval Supremacy?). This delayed my 'borg factory by a few turns, as I had to take the retooling hit by overbuilding the Polymorphic Defence System (vanilla citizens defence force). Don't know if that would change much if I would get to probe the tech besides the extra tech I would get swapping my near finished Neural Grafting research for something else. The +1 commerce was definitely still a good catch with the "foreign sales representatives".

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
tQD3zps.png

Hive Security fight the GOOD FIGHT™ with their guns!
SUPPORT the cause of Unity! REPORT enemy activity!

CcmMMcl.png

Bringing Unity - and in a fabulously snazzy uniform to boot! Neglected to mention I rushed this sweet baby a couple of turns ago. Since my empire consists of a lot of little bro bases the sudden influx of Hivelings boosted my pop from 75 to 100. Thought I'd get faction-wide drone riots but the -1 drone for base size 3 and below really helps, only one base got uppity. My follow-up conquest of two Spartan mega-cities (14 pop each, 12 after conquest) has put me on equal footing with Merc's Believing blob!

Of course the liberated Spartans will starve before I get the drones under control but I should still be able to retain some 10 population in each base, massive numbers for yours truly (by comparison my largest bases at home are size 6-7). Merc will likely BOOM again though, but it was nice to catch up.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
And this is how long that sweet ride lasted:

HK4llhF.png

26 population WIPED OUT in a single turn!

In before "Angel of Death" and "PRAYED THIS HARD!"

I need a drink and it's only 11:24 AM

Hellraiser

Arcane
It also killed half of Sparta Command it seems, Murmaiders' Fort was saved from this thanks to MORGAN EVERLAST. Guess hygiene was not a big thing under Santiago, gotta build them some showers and bathtubs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom