Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rank the chapters in Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
/-/-/-/-/

jdinatale

Cipher
Easy enough:
  1. Stolen Land
  2. Rivers Run Red
  3. The Varnhold Vanishing
  4. Blood for Blood
  5. War of the River Kings
  6. Sound of a Thousand Screams

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
First Chapter, Varnhold Vanishing, and Season of Bloom are my favorites. Once you reach the Pitax chapter there is a sharp decline in quality, unfortunately. But hey that isn't too bad, that means for the most part the game is fairly enjoyable until you reach the end game. By then you would have easily have gotten hundreds of hours of entertainment.

Trashos

Arcane
I may change my mind in the future, but currently:

1) Chapter 5 (Pitax- good intrigue and good fighting)
2) Chapter 6 (HATEOT- great puzzlelike place, very strong emotional moments with companions)
3) Chapter 2 (Troll Trouble/Season of Bloom- the 2nd part is where the immersion factor starts taking off)
4) Chapter 3 (Varnhold Vanishing- great dungeons)
5) Chapter 4 (Twice Born Warlord- best companion stories)
6) Chapter 7 (Finale- good themes, but should have been shorter)
7) Chapter 1 (Beginning- good fighting but a bit generic content)

That said, I like all of them.

RegionalHobo

Scholar
1 : Chapter 2
2: Chapter 3
3: Chapter 1
4: Chapter 4
5: Chapter 5
6: Finale
7: House

Plot wise i like both the house and the finale, but the mobs are such cancer i can t rank it higher. House gets a rose ranking than the finale, even with the same mobs, because the reward for all of that is a shit tier boss fight, even if the plot is ok.

Finale has absolute garbage mobs, overstays it s welcome, but the final boss is a cool fight at least

Nyrissa and Vordekai are shit tier boss fights and needed a mechanic to make so they do not explode in one turn

Ensi

Educated
I honestly stopped playing once I got to chapter 2 cuz of the kingdom management. Is there a way to not really have to deal with it?

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I honestly stopped playing once I got to chapter 2 cuz of the kingdom management. Is there a way to not really have to deal with it?
Developers implemented an option to where you can disable it completely.
Here:
8SEtEp4.png

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
FUCK THE HOUSE FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER
LITERALLY A HOUSE ON THE EDGE OF GETTING FUCKED FOR ETERNITY

GODDAMN IT I KEEP GETTING THE NAME WRONG FUCK

Trashos

Arcane
Guys, there are about 6-7 fights in HATEOT that you cannot avoid. The boss fights, the mandragora swarms group, and I think I also had to fight two easy trash mobs. All the rest are avoidable by choosing your realities and your entrances carefully.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Guys, there are about 6-7 fights in HATEOT that you cannot avoid. The boss fights, the mandragora swarms group, and I think I also had to fight two easy trash mobs. All the rest are avoidable by choosing your realities and your entrances carefully.
But you only know where to go and what to do via trail and error. Going in blind is pure pain and retardation.
Also the game overall takes a nosedive in terms of player agency. I've explained in the main thread why fighting through hordes of Wild Hunt is retarded.

purpleblob

Savant
My preferance:

1. Chapter 2 - Troll & Bloom
2. Chatper 1 - Stag Lord
3. Chapter 4 - Armag
4. Chatper 5 - Pitax
5. Chapter 3 - Varnhold
6. Chapter 7 - optional chapter
7. Chaper 6 - House

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

Not really. If you set Kingdom management on Auto, you'll lose out on the items from Artisans. At best, you can set it to Effortless, then use a savegame editor to cheat yourself a huge chunk of cash, buy a few hundred thousand BPs, and just do whatever. Of course, there's no point in playing the game like that.

Atchodas

Augur
Hopefully second game wont have any kind of "manage your house" type of shit one of the reasons why I did not replay PFKM for 20 times like I should for the game of this caliber is fucking Kingdom management:negative::negative::negative::negative:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
They already confirmed a similar system Atchodas. This type of gameplay serves several different purposes:

1) neo-gamer hipsters love minigames (their target market)
2) it's a nice trick to prolong gameplay hours artificially
3) it's easier to automate gameplay, than create traditional quest structure
4) it's useful as a stretch goal (crowdfunded games end up with a ton of feature bloat)

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Also the game overall takes a nosedive in terms of player agency.

Why?

As I said in the main thread: The Wild Hunt are not mindless monsters, they are highly intelligent humanoids. It makes no sense for them to berserker charge at the party, certainly not once you keep fucking them up. The House should have offered ways to get around them without fighting. The player should have been able to sow discord between the servants of Nyrissa and screw her over in the same way she has been doing it to you the whole game.

Trashos

Arcane
The House should have offered ways to get around them without fighting.

It does. I have already mentioned it above, there is very little fighting you have to do in the house. The rest is optional. Maybe you do not want to put in the work to find the routes that avoid the fights, but that is not the game's fault.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Don't play dumb. Pathing around the aggro ranges of enemies isn't the same as avoiding fights via dialogue options and skill checks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom