Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELONA, the ADOM with sex and grafix

Max Damage

Savant
act_1_finish.png

Time to see what's South Tyris about!

Max Damage

Savant
act_2_finish.png

Finished off final boss of Act 2. Funny thing is, it couldn't kill me or my pet, but it regenerated its health at mad rate when down to 10%, so it took a while to give up and die (probably ability tied to Spirit bar). Overall, there're many more towns to visit in Act 2, more sidequests and ways to improve your character, and some environments are more straining on your character. Game is still easy overall if you didn't have much trouble before, though. I've yet to find good items with resistances to Magic and Mind, not sure how it will show in Act 3. I did experience damage spikes here and there, but those enemies were far and few between popcorn ones, healing is also pretty accessible if you stock up some potions/spells of Jure. I'm lagging behind my pet who isn't constrained by limitations of leveling PC (all she needs is gold, while I need platinum coins and potions of potential, which aren't as quick to earn), but it'll probably change once I start cashing in scrolls or wonder to learn Meteor spell in plentiful quantities. Still haven't entered the Void dungeon, needed small medals for essential stuff like helm that allows you/your pet to see invisible enemies. And off to Act 3 I go!

ortucis

Prophet
So the latest Elona Custom is 1.62.2 (updated in 2016) and latest Elona+ is 1.80 (2018 release).

Seems to work, haven't went past the menu though. Is there a more latest version of Custom English translations?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
shit looks good, except for the waifu/loli art. i miss 90's anime.

also what's a good graphical rogue besides this one

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
holy shit that review was amazing.

the part that made me lol is when the thief city NPCs fuck hookers in public then go insane because fucking hookers lowers your sanity meter and proceed to engage the hookers in melee combat which they then lose because going crazy is a big debuff leaving only a city full of surviving hookers.

fucking wow.

ortucis

Prophet
So the latest Elona Custom is 1.62.2 (updated in 2016) and latest Elona+ is 1.80 (2018 release).

Seems to work, haven't went past the menu though. Is there a more latest version of Custom English translations?

Uh yes?

Latest version: E+C 1.77.1 which obv. is for 1.77. 1.80 coming eventually.

Where did you get the latest version from? Links I found were for 1.62.2 only. I'll wait for 1.80 Custom then (unless it's not coming out any time soon).

jungl

Augur
Heard about this game in the past and finally got around to playing it. Its unique for a jrpg. https://youtu.be/Tl6cxTIBS-I?t=114

Game reminds me a lot of daggerfall but if its somehow in traditional rogue like format. If anyone want try it download elona+ and make sure to download also elona plus custom for the quality of life improvements.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom