Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Swigen

Arbiter
I liek when C.R.O.N.Y. U4 turns his lights on behind me when we’re exploring dark ruins. It is for this reason I have to award ELEX the LEGITIMATE MASTERPIECE status.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I seriously doubt it.
To make a masterpiece, you need skills and imagination, nobody with enough imagination would settle for that shit so it'll never happen.
She's talking about Jagged Alliance 2 (if you turn off the bugs).

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
A cRPG masterpiece should be a perfect mix of mechanism, character creation, combat, good enough UI, OST, sound effects, quest design, NPC design but also settings and story.

The underlined are nice bonus', but irrelevant in the big picture.

And I'd say the "perfect mix" true in a sense, but it's also something that's different for almost every game based on their intended experiences.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Deleted Member 22431

Barbarians aren't the ones that will burn, storyfag.

DEUS VULT!

1415837446_5f5e6c709f_o.jpg

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Gothic 1 - Best implementation of 3 faction system. Much better than G2. You have SECT game(chaotic), NEW camp(neutral) and OLD gamp(lawful), and most quests to join the camps make you explore the camp philosophies and explore more the world. I loved to play as a templar and as a magician. G2, i din't liked much the monastery quests, felt like bussywork, nor found the paladin interesting like the templar from G1...

Darth Canoli

Arcane
The underlined are nice bonus', but irrelevant in the big picture.

And I'd say the "perfect mix" true in a sense, but it's also something that's different for almost every game based on their intended experiences.

How many cRPG with terrible sound effects have you played ? Would you rate them as marterpieces ?

Of course not, because a terrible sound environment will just break the immersion at first and get on your nerves real quick, turning the sound off just makes the whole experience bland.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom