Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kodex Kommunistic Kastle. Fortress. Dwarf Fortress.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Current Agenda: building priorities.
1. Kommunalka 'cause I can't stand sleeping on the ground
2. Grand Hall Hey, we need a place to drink Spigot's ale
3. Food Industry So that Spigot can make even more beer!

Militia Commander - Kalin I think he's got the skills to kill anyone threatening us his bonus
Manager - Baud. I mean it's the best post to be a freeloader, no?
Broker - Azira. I feel he's done an outstanding work so far, so he can continue
Bookkeeper - Wayward Son. He's a papermaker, so he should be good with books
Chief Medical Dwarf - Azira. No one's dead yet.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Current Agenda: building priorities.
1. Kommunukalka - better sleeping accomodations will lead to more happy and productive workers, which is the lyncpin of a proper Kommunistik Paradise!
2. Food Industry - A well fed Kommunistik workforce, is a productive Kommunistik workforce!
3. Military Quarters - Because the best Kommunistik pastime, is preparing for war!

Elections:
Militia Commander - Kalin, that should keep him happy
Manager - Helly, I quite like that dwarf (?)
Broker - Reinhardt, with her new smile, she should work wonders with trading!
Bookkeeper - Azira, I'm doing well. And since the hospital isn't completed yet, I have time for other duties.
Chief Medical Dwarf - Azira, of course I'm the most competent for this vocation, so I should continue here.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Votes are no longer accepted, komrades! Let's wrap it up.

Building priorities:
1. Food Industry with a total of 26 points.
2, 3. Wood & Gem Industries with a total of 9 points. Kommunalka also gets 9 points.

It's a tie, therefore your Kommissar will use his SHEER POWER OF WILL and say we build Food Industry first, Kommunalka second, Wood & Gems Industries after that.

Election results:
Militia Commander - Kalin with a total of 7 votes
Manager - Helly with a total of 5 votes
Broker - Spigot with a total of 3 votes
Bookkeeper - Sqeecoo with a total of 7 votes
Chief Medical Dwarf - Azira with a total of 7 votes

jG3BYwM.png

What are you waiting for, a celebration? Start working, damn you!

Starting from now, each update will cover one full Season, unless something dramatic happens that would require making a key choice mid-Season.

Like I said before, administrators of Angèrith will have a major impact on the story. What I need you to do:

Kalin,

1. Pick 4 dwarves to serve in the military under your command. You can pick any dwarf, except those holding administrative positions. Military service in Redlabored is not voluntary, so you don't need to ask anybody if they are willing or not. Once you conscript a dwarf to the service, he/she will stop working effective immediately and starts serving under your command. You can replace any military dwarf at any moment you want. You don't have to pick all four dwarves right now - it can be 3, 2, or none at all. However, you will go into battles alone if you choose this course of action. Maybe it's for the best. As our population grows, you will be allowed to conscript more dwarves. Right now, four dwarves is all we can spare.

2. Name your squad.
ja6ACO4.png
Remember, this is the squad you will lead personally. Elite forces of Angèrith, best of the best.

3. Decide on the training schedule.
YzmYi7q.png
Your squad will be stationed in the barracks as soon as they are finished. There is no point in assigning your dwarves to patrol or guard duty, since nobody in Redlabored even knows how to hold a damn axe. Training is your only option.

BUT, and that's a yuge BUTT, training can vary greatly in terms of intensiveness. Pick one of the four options below:

3.1. Brutal
- DAS RITE, DETH DRILL - I'LL SHAPE YE PUSSIS INTO YUUUUUUGE DIKS, EVAN IF HALF OF YA FUKKIN' DIES IN DA PROCESS

100% of your squad members must be training at all times. This will allow more experienced squad members (you are the only dwarf with military experience) to perform demonstrations, and green boyz to learn from these. Learning from demonstrations is much more effective than training by yourself, but it requires at least 3 dwarves to be present in the barracks.

The downside, well, some of you might die of thirst/starvation/exhaustion/depression.

3.2. Balanced
- Kalin needs ta have sum REC-TIME too

At least 50% of your squad members will be training at any given time (in this case we'll make it 3 out of 5). Others will eat, drink, sleep or do other shit they feel like doing. Depending on personality, it might be having fun, working as a civilian, or keep training regardless.

The downside - way fewer demonstrations and slower training in general. Even if you demand at least 3 dwarves to be present in the barracks, in reality, that's not what you get. Not always. Dwarves are not the most disciplined creatures.

3.3. Relaxed
- Ain't got time for CRYBABES, fuck dem

At least 10% of your squad members (1 dwarf in this case) will be training at any given time. Others might join him, depending on their personality. Otherwise, they will work as civilians or scratch ass.

The downside - your squad will most likely die in battle against a mountain goat.

3.4. Kalin Kustom Skedul
- Imma do dis shit mahself

Well, go on. You can set a custom schedule each month of the year if you want to. Or change the schedule Season-by-Season.
First two months of Spring (Granite and Slate) we'll go DETH DRILL - 100% dwarves training all day every day! Last month of spring rec-time, no training. Then Balanced training the whole Summer. Then--

You got the idea. No need to worry about micro, in-game I will only have to set this schedule once.

Helly,

You can assign/restrict any civilian (as in, non-military and non-administrative) dwarf to any duty if you want. If you don't - don't. Just like Kalin sent Mustawd to the mines, you can send anyone else. Or say something like "my husband will NOT burn wood logs any longer - I will burn them myself, HAR HA"

Your global goal as the manager is to make three chosen facilities happen. But you may set additional goals and even prioritize them above building those facilities. Maybe you want to chop down the entire forest around Redlabored. Maybe you want to set traps around the whole place. Maybe you think that our fortress really, really needs to start making soap. Just post whatever crazy desires you have in your head - I'll make it happen. BUT I WILL ALSO BE SCREAMING MY ASS OFF if you fail at building Food District, Kommunalka, and Wood District.

As our fortress grows, you will get more special privileges.

a bear named spigot,

I got no time for trade-related decisions, so now it's all up to you. You want to sell food - sell it. Drinks? Go ahead. BUT IF WE EVER RUN OUT OF SUPPLIES, IT'S YOUR ASS!!

I need you to do the following:
1. Say what will you buy from the traders. It can be as abstract/specific as you want. E.g., "any melee weapons, goblin poetry, everything brewable, pack animals, cloth, tapir cheese (only tapir, everything else is bleh) and wild boar ivory".
2. Are you going to sell food?
3. Are you going to sell drinks?
4. (optional) Do you want to sell anything else?

We don't really have any goods suitable for trading. Logs, stone blocks, charcoal, unprocessed plants, seeds - this is all worthless. Any kind of junk we might come by (like Kalin's bone totems) will be sold automatically, you don't need to express your will to do so. But in case you want to sell something specific, let's say Lagole Lon's puppies - go for it. He will be depressed as all fuck, though.

@sqee

Scratch that, bookkeper can do nothing. And I'm pretty sure sqeecoo isn't following the thread anyway.

Azira,

You don't get privileges until a proper hospital is built. However, you may choose an assistant if you want. Any non-military, non-administrative dwarf. He will learn medicine medical art by assisting in operations and other procedures. All our dwarves are currently healthy (according to YOUR report, at least), so not a lot of practice for your protege.

If you don't need an assistant, you don't have to choose one.

Your assistant is not holding a position and therefore can be mobilized in the military, if Kalin decides to conscript him.

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Alright, I'll be known as the Kommanding Physician, and I'd like to draft Lagole Lon as my Trainee, because someone needs to teach that young upstart to be a productive Kommunist, and if Kalin doesn't pick on him, then I will. :salute:

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Heheheh! Diz gon b gud! Names are great, no need to change.

As for the lucky 4, guess itz time to dig out the shit-list of evry kunt who insulted ME...

to absolutely no one's surprise, Kalin is a useless piece of shit who can't be relied upon to accomplish the most meager of tasks, let alone act as an overseer. hopefully before long a big ass rock falls on his empty skull while he's sleeping, ending the misery that is his waking life. for the good of the fortress.

Welcome to sekurituh brah!

Aw fuck guess I can't pick the broker... UGH!

Militia Commander - Me, established nose dominance on kalin

Congrats pal, you made it!

Militia Commander - Spigot (if he can handle Kalin, can handle bears, goblins, etc.)

ARROW FODDER!

Everything is shit because Kalin. Why do you even need to ask?

Whaddya mean why? To know just HOW FAR should we reduce his bonus.

HO! We have a toss up! But then, dey both voted for me...

Also, there's this...

061EwNk.png

Militia Commander - Azira. We need to keep him away from the hospital.
Bookkeeper - Kalin. We need to lock that poser in dark room with dusty books.

Yep, Lagole it is! Snagging Azira's pick makes it even moar of a bonaz move.

For training: BRUTAL DEATH DRILL for first month to whip this sorry lot into shape, then switch to BALANCED for the rest of the year. Very important though: if I get too tired or something adjust accordingly, can't have the Kommander die on duty.

Edit: Since I can't pick Spiggy after all, gonna akshully have to roll for StoryFAG (1) and Reinhaato (2).

STORYFAG it is!

we gonna buy up any sufficiently impressive works of art or craft, as well as basically anything from the list of shit that I like. traders often haul around the sound of The Venerable Mirth, right? additionally we will purchase anything that will aid our workers and martial forces. and I mean shit that is actually useful, I won't be buying a bale of mega turtles because our militia wants to form a cavalry wing.

furthermore, if others dwarfs have needs they may present their case to me and I will consider it on the basis of merit.

As for the lucky 4, guess itz time to dig out the shit-list of evry kunt who insulted ME...

to absolutely no one's surprise, Kalin is a useless piece of shit who can't be relied upon to accomplish the most meager of tasks, let alone act as an overseer. hopefully before long a big ass rock falls on his empty skull while he's sleeping, ending the misery that is his waking life. for the good of the fortress.

sorry bro, I'm an administrator now, gots no time for playing soldier in your pack of mental invalids. :positive:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik

:lol::lol::lol:

Can't mobilize our broker.

You can pick any dwarf, except those holding administrative positions.

Besides, you can't pick more than four dwarves at this point. So it's Brother Frank, Merc, Storyfag and Lagole Lon.

Everything else is accepted.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
So, will Lagole Gon then switch constantly between being harassed by me and Kalin, or will he be Kalin's bitch boy only?

Just curious.

If I can't have Lagole as my Trainee, then I guess Mustawd will do...

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
So, will Lagole Gon then switch constantly between being harassed by me and Kalin, or will he be Kalin's bitch boy only?

Just curious.

Due to certain technical fuckery of DF, I find it more effective to unassign military dwarves from most civilian duties. Otherwise, they refuse to dedicate enough time for training.

That said, Lagole Lon won't be able to tend to the wounded, because he will be living in the barracks. He will eat, drink, sleep, and most likely die there. And suffer Kalin's Speshul Training Prugrum, of course.

You are free to choose another assistant, though.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
How likely are tantrum spirals nowadays? Because some of these dorfs look like they might be on the edge of it with all their unfocused needs :bounce:

The dwarves are enduring for now. Unsatisfied needs won't go anywhere anytime soon, which weighs heavily on our work speed. But the general mood is not bad at the moment. Between Spigot's booze and Merc's fine-crafted furniture, there isn't much to be sad about.

The situation is declining, but slowly. I doubt we'll see tantrums in the near future unless unforeseen circumstances interfere.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom