Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Poll] Bullshit end bosses

Who are the most brutal/ bullshit end bosses+video games you ever beat?

• Total voters

Jason Liang

Arcane
What is the most bullshit, brutal video game boss you ever beat?

This is your chance to brag to the Codex before the end of the decade.

Only counts if you beat the game legitimate (without passwording or warping to the last level or using a cheat or some other bullshit)

Vote for the boss, but if you beat a difficult video game where the boss is not that insane (i.e. Ecco the Dolphin) you can brag in the thread

For arcade games, assume 2 continues MAX.

I don't count bullshit randomspawn bosses, i.e. LE/ phsyical immune D2 bosses etc...

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Shao Kahn wasn't that bad. It was Kintaro and Motaro that made me rage. The first, with his stomping and jumping, the second with the kick (in the balls). When I beat them, I knew I could cool of a little bit with Kahn.

Jason Liang

Arcane
i never beat kintaro

If I add midgame bosses it might bloat the poll too much though. But good to discuss in the thread

Speaking of which I fucking hate the Gloam boss in Diablo 1, cheesey fucker.

Last edited:

Swigen

Arbiter
I’m not exactly proud of it but I vaguely remember Rugal giving me a lot of trouble and I definitely remember the callus I developed on my left thumb from KoF using the PlayStation controller. Was my main reason for switching to fightsticks thereafter.

MK3 Shao Kahn isn't that hard. Freeze + run + uppercut and he's done. And he's even easier with Noob or Rain in MKT.

Trve Winner:

Demifiend (Digital Devil Saga 1) - if you grind up to 99 level there is a chance that RNG allows you to have a chance. Since he's a protagonist from Nocturne, he is also mocking yo with tune that is used during combat - it's just regular battle theme from SMT3, your nothing but generic random encounter to him.

From the list, I voted for Goenitz.

Dramart

Learned
Magaki from KoF XI. The only time I quit in a final boss, it wasn't even a rage quit, the fag was too good, I accepted it.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Magaki from KoF XI. The only time I quit in a final boss, it wasn't even a rage quit, the fag was too good, I accepted it.
I read this before but i actually did beat Magaki. Now I don't remember who I used but it was pretty cheesey. Maybe... Duo Lon/ Elisabeth/ King or Leona?

Also my laptop could only run the game at 70% speed so i had a slo-motion effect for the whole game, I guess that helped too.

I miss Elisabeth, hope she comes back.

Ah. It was definitely Duo Lon, he was incredibly abusive in XI. Or I could be confusing Magaki with Saiki.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
tumblr_np4xc5Rx8x1qd9g7oo1_400.png

Ivan

Arcane
Yakuza Kiwami 1 (the penultimate boss fight, that is)
\
also, wtf @ poll, the boss in Undertale was great. fuck you talking about?

Last edited:

Silverfish

Arbiter
Bound by Flame has a retardedly hard final boss.

This is in spite of the fact that one of Bound By Flame's passive abilities was health regeneration. I probably spent 3/4 of my time with that fight just running away like a bitch.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
the helicopter gunship at the end of alpha protocol

bullshit
To kill Marburg in the server room, you have to know Madison is Parker's daughter and then tell Parker Marburg killed her. To kill him in Rome, you have to make him hate you and use suave more times than any other dialogue option at that point.

Oh, and if you want to have an easy time with the helicopter, hide behind that big rock at the base of the stairs and let all the soldiers come to you first. Then it's just a matter of sprinting when you hear the beeping noise.

Since you're playing it again I'll give you a tip to make this the easiest boss fight ever: First, pop/whack the moles on the ground level. Then note the gigantic boulder near the stairs, when you're behind that rock you're 100% secure from the rockets. Now go up the stairs and say hello to the moles at the top then go back down. Pop 'em when they run down the stairs or whack 'em when they get near the rock. Now you can just kill the helicopter at your leisure, just remember to start sprinting when you hear the convenient lock-on beep.

I'm glad I made these posts because I remember I figured out an easy way to beat this but couldn't remember the exact details since it's been nearly ten years.

overtenemy

Augur
FFT 1.3 Elidibs. I beat it, though I have to say it's the only fight in the game I wasn't able to figure out myself. I had to watch a video of somebody completing it, then taking the ideas and adapting them to work with what I had. I MIGHT have been able to work it out but I assumed incorrectly that he had teleport 2, when in fact he only had 1.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Worse than any end bosses I can remember:

The Mulmaster Beholder Corps in Curse of the Azure Bonds
The Beast with 1000 Eyes in Wizardry 7

The worst that I haven't beaten:
The Mega Dragon in Might&Magic (2,3 and or WOX)
Talon and his merry band of space pirates (Countdown to Doomsday)

Jason Liang has probably not heard about them, since they are not from console games.

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
in any rpg that allows grinding any boss can be beaten really, even gorrors

this is why the boss fights in Rance X re extra spicy, since you can't grind

Xeon

Augur
Melissan from Baldur's Gate Throne of Bhaal. I think I played ToB 2 or 3 times and I cheesed all fights, never won against her fairly.

Falksi

Arcane
Off the list played 3 & beat all 3 - Shao Khan, The Eternal Champion (now he was a cunt), and Shredder.

That liquid thing In Dead or Alive was a cunt, only beat him on medium dificulties, couldn't beat 'em on the harder ones.

There must be more than those listed? I remember tearing my hair out so much I went bald in the 8 & 16 bit eras. Biometal's final boss was a fucker, but did him eventually.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom