Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

4X Worshippers

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
https://store.steampowered.com/app/734510/Worshippers/

Worshippers is a fast-paced strategy combined with collectible card game. Take control over small tribe and help them survive in the hostile land. With every scenario unlock new cards, that can be used in developing your own unique strategies!

Features:
  • Fast-paced, easy to learn (but no so easy to master) strategy game!
  • Single scenario could be finished in half a hour!
  • Combination of turn-based strategy and collectible card game.
  • Low fantasy world based on slavic mythology.
  • Explore and conquer randomly generated maps!
  • Engaging, tactical combat system!
  • Over 150 different cards!
  • 4 different gods to choose!
  • Create your own decks and strategies!

ss_57d7f0e0b458cbb70c193d31991dbe0dc5325834.600x338.jpg

ss_41bbdf2dae66e76cbc29ecffe50dde7d31429b89.600x338.jpg

ss_4a752303fd7e8bb4c1b1a7df571989c5de2886e0.600x338.jpg

This is somewhat similar to Thea. Can't really say for certain, since I couldn't force myself to play it long enough to judge. It looks nice on screenshots, but when you see the graphics during actual gameplay, it makes you feel like you're playing a Flash game. Not a good flash game like Neo Scavenger, but your average Flash game.

It does have 80% positive reviews, though. And ever since I've dropped it after an hour of gameplay, I can't help but feel like I'm missing something. Anyone here played it? Is it actually worth to get into?

Beowulf

Arcane
I played a while back.
Didn't like, too puzzle like - you have to race against time on every map. But I don't like deck building games in general. Was also a little buggy (like monsters spawning on impossible to get to island).
Not a fantasy 4x for sure.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
https://store.steampowered.com/app/734510/Worshippers/

Worshippers is a fast-paced strategy combined with collectible card game. Take control over small tribe and help them survive in the hostile land. With every scenario unlock new cards, that can be used in developing your own unique strategies!

Features:
  • Fast-paced, easy to learn (but no so easy to master) strategy game!
  • Single scenario could be finished in half a hour!
  • Combination of turn-based strategy and collectible card game.
  • Low fantasy world based on slavic mythology.
  • Explore and conquer randomly generated maps!
  • Engaging, tactical combat system!
  • Over 150 different cards!
  • 4 different gods to choose!
  • Create your own decks and strategies!

ss_57d7f0e0b458cbb70c193d31991dbe0dc5325834.600x338.jpg

ss_41bbdf2dae66e76cbc29ecffe50dde7d31429b89.600x338.jpg

ss_4a752303fd7e8bb4c1b1a7df571989c5de2886e0.600x338.jpg

This is somewhat similar to Thea. Can't really say for certain, since I couldn't force myself to play it long enough to judge. It looks nice on screenshots, but when you see the graphics during actual gameplay, it makes you feel like you're playing a Flash game. Not a good flash game like Neo Scavenger, but your average Flash game.

It does have 80% positive reviews, though. And ever since I've dropped it after an hour of gameplay, I can't help but feel like I'm missing something. Anyone here played it? Is it actually worth to get into?

It looks good, but will it achieve kind of much needed occult setting?
ac9.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom