Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hades - roguelike action dungeon crawler from Supergiant Games

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.supergiantgames.com/games/hades/

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/hades/home

Hades_06-dec-2018_02.png

It's released as early access title exclusively on Epic Games Store: https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/hades

According to their FAQ it will "eventually be available on a variety of platforms, once Early Access is complete.": http://www.supergiantgames.com/blog/hades-faq/

Last edited by a moderator:

Modron

Arcane
I found pyre to be disappointing, went in a little too blind on that purchase wasn't expecting some simple sportsball game.

Lagi

Savant
Disappointed this is not a sequel to this game:

Or this one:

dude, with Hades 2 you remind me about Eradicator
i'm now afraid to break my nostalgia glass

edit:
:| I know i should not do it.
ee..radicator The 3x characters to play are 90' style of "trashy" (the main difference between them is the starting level). The mechanic of using items (mine f.ex) is fine.
boring and annoying levels. Destroy the generator (power node) to shut down the blocking barriers. Its not a bad game, just waste of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

tripedal

Savant
It's pretty good. Great graphics & music, just what you expect from supergiant. Weapon balance needs a bit of work but it's satisfying to play. The upgrades system is well-designed and depending on your choices each run can be very different from the last, even using the same weapon. Bosses are a bit spongey but w/e.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

After one year, it's coming to Steam in December. Still Early Access though.

https://www.supergiantgames.com/blog/hades-coming-soon-to-steam-early-access

Hades: Coming Soon to Steam Early Access!

We're really excited to announce that our rogue-like dungeon crawler Hades is coming to Steam Early Access on December 10! Check out our new 'Coming Soon' page for Hades on Steam, and hit the 'Add to your wishlist' button for a handy reminder once it's out.

About the game: Hades is a rogue-like dungeon crawler in which you defy the god of the dead as you hack and slash your way out of the Underworld of Greek myth. We think it combines the best aspects of our previous games, including the fast-paced action of Bastion, the rich atmosphere and depth of Transistor, and the character-driven storytelling of Pyre. As the immortal Prince of the Underworld, you'll wield the powers and mythic weapons of Olympus as you battle out of hell, toward the surface, growing stronger and unraveling more of the story with each unique escape attempt.

About Early Access: Early Access means you can play Hades while it's still in active development. We expect to be in Early Access till sometime in the second half of 2020.

We designed Hades as an Early Access game from the ground up. Our foremost goal was to see if we could create something great in partnership with our community -- a game that was true to our values about design, worldbuilding, and storytelling, and could naturally evolve based on the feedback we'd get along the way. Every aspect of the game, from its modular structure to its approach to narrative, flow from this idea.

We've shipped six Major Updates so far, more than doubling the amount of content since launch. And, we're growing accustomed to living in this new world of developing our game out in the open (rather than in secrecy as we've done in the past). In December, we'll be ready to expand the game's audience in Early Access by coming to Steam. We wanted to get the word out as soon as we nailed down the date.

Thank you to our early adopters! To all of you who've participated in our Early Access thus far: Thank you so much for your help in getting us to this point. Your feedback in our official Discord and beyond has been vital, and we hope you've been enjoying the story of Hades as it unfolds.

As a small token of our appreciation, everyone who's purchased Hades on or before October 15, 2019 will receive a complimentary digital copy of the Hades Original Soundtrack, once it's available at around our v1.0 launch sometime next year. Our soundtrack is already jam-packed with blood-pumping tracks, and we're expanding on it with each Major Update. We'll publish details about how our Early Access players can redeem the digital soundtrack before October 15 on this web site and our Discord. Until then!

ColCol

Arcane
It is one of the only Super Giant games I like. The action is managed well and there is room for a lot of different builds.

J1M

Arcane
Looks like their best work since Bastion, but I wouldn't buy anything from them that's in Early Access.

cw8

Cipher
Played 20 hours of it so far. IMO, best game Supergiant made. Not sure if they will add more weapons in future but the current selection combined with the various gods' powers and skills already gives a good plethora of combos to use. And that's random every run. Combat is crisp and responsive.

Perkel

Arcane
Tried it and i confirm this is good game. Really like MC. Lore/world is pretty funky in way a like it.
Also i saw multiple people posting stuff about art.

I wouldn't look into it as pandering. Game uses really nice art that plays a lot with shape color and sizes. It is quirky art but not in pandering woke way.

Surprised this is in GRPG rather than GG but what the hell. Agreeing with everyone else on this being Supergiant's best work. Not as charming as Pyre and nothing's had quite the character of Bastion (And is memorable, unlike Transistor) but the overall level of quality is high and most importantly, feels like it's got the best gameplay of anything they've done. Even though it does commit the sin of persistent upgrades in a roguelite.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom