Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Crusader Kings III

oscar

Arcane
Well to be fair they used them as everything militarily but cavalry

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
Looks like ass, the old art style was much better. Also smells like popamolization of the trait system.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The art style is growing on me. Only three personality traits seems to be a bit meagre, I hope they can compensate for that by making them more impactful. But I always liked characters with the seven virtues.

kris

Arcane
Looks like ass, the old art style was much better. Also smells like popamolization of the trait system.

I cant agree on the look. In the previous CK you often ended up with very samish-looking people, this one seems able to make for a bigger variety and more detailed faces.

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
Meh, they were largely fine. I'll take stylized drawings over 3D variety any day. And I was mainly referring to the trait icons looking like ass.

oscar

Arcane
Fewer but more decisive traits is an improvement. I'd often stack traits for their bonuses with little care (unless I was really LARPing) while others were absurdly useful (-2 to diplomacy for 50% extra gold with Greedy is a no-brainer to take yet the game considers it a disadvantage!).

The faces aren't too off considering this is the Medieval era..

cededced4f978f1212695cc764bf78bd.jpg

recon.jpg

(one of Henry VIII's elite longbowmen)

In general we have smaller jaws and less prominent faces since the Industrial Revolution due to much softer food

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I can't overlook the cuckery, this game is degenerate filth. Their sales practice is disgusting enough, but this only a fan could swallow.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Is Deus Vult in or not?
It doesn't have real religions in it,yet alone deus lo vult.
You're joking.
Nah,it is some mishmash of make your own religion and shit.
How the fuck do they imagine it's going to work if the game starts in middle ages, years after most of religions were already historically established?

Kinda like pagan reformation, but deeper, with more moving parts.

Which is very cool, because it will allow us to Create-Your-Own Heresy

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Is Deus Vult in or not?
It doesn't have real religions in it,yet alone deus lo vult.
You're joking.
Nah,it is some mishmash of make your own religion and shit.
How the fuck do they imagine it's going to work if the game starts in middle ages, years after most of religions were already historically established?

Kinda like pagan reformation, but deeper, with more moving parts.

Fuck off,i want to raze all the middle east and Rome with glorious Orthodox Bulgar horde,not play around with some generic religion that i have to spend time making it fun. I want a religious carnage and great focus on that shit,the game is called Crusader kings for fuck sake,not Inventors Kukz!

lophiaspis

Arbiter

Just like you did in real life, right The Brazilian Slaughter ?

The most Codexian game mechanic.

“I will join the Catholic Church. Only such a prestigious institution can appeal to a man of my intellect, with my reverence of tradition and authority!...

...No, the Catholic Church is ultimately correct but deeply flawed in its leadership. Everyone should listen to ME and do things MY way!”

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom