Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I was playing median xl last week. Bretty gud, but once you get to lvl 120 everything gets incredibly grindy, gimmicky and unfun. Is it worth going back to PoE? How is the game nowadays? I remember losing interest the first time i picked it up, but I'm willing to give it another go.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I was playing median xl last week. Bretty gud, but once you get to lvl 120 everything gets incredibly grindy, gimmicky and unfun. Is it worth going back to PoE? How is the game nowadays? I remember losing interest the first time i picked it up, but I'm willing to give it another go.

new league is coming in Friday
forget about melee in general
lot of nerfs coming

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron

lot of nerfs coming

Melee nerfs?

ArchAngel

Arcane

lot of nerfs coming

Melee nerfs?
No melee nerfs, all mobs are getting buffs to their elemental and physical resistances so people are now screaming melee is nerfed lol.
Bows got more nerfs in a bow league.

T. Reich

Arcane
I'm gonna embrace the bow meta.

I'm gonna do a sweet caustic arrow lowlife tri-curse occultist. Gun be carried by dat ES recharge and laugh at everything. 1 mil CA degen as well, plus 50k per stack of blight if I decide that CA is too low dps.

T. Reich

Arcane
Fuck tricksters, never played one.

Bitches are more fun to play with.

Mechanically-wise, I get tri-curse hexproof-proof chaosplosions with occy, trickster gives nothing exciting in comparison, he's bland AF.

abija

Prophet
No melee nerfs, all mobs are getting buffs to their elemental and physical resistances so people are now screaming melee is nerfed lol.
Just skiming through that manifesto, fortify and the only usable endgame 2handers seem nerfed. Overall since "melee patch" the actual melee skills are in a even worse place than before.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Just skiming through that manifesto, fortify and the only usable endgame 2handers seem nerfed. Overall since "melee patch" the actual melee skills are in a even worse place than before.
Yes, in full patch notes is seems worse. And not only melee, they nerfed a lot of things. Bow as well. Only Arc got a buff and some less used bow skills.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
People forget that there's four new influence types on items that can probably roll even stronger mods than the ones we used to have on shelder weapons. With how the new boss-exalted orbs can add influence-mods specifically to items, I'm guessing the removal of these mods was made to not create even more insane weapon-power creep.

It's not too difficult to imagine the new influence types to be able to roll all kinds of "supported by" affixes, and I for one don't need to see an elder weapon with "supported by fortify" in addition to one of the new affixes.

Absinthe

Arcane
Well, Split Arrow with Barrage support should be interesting. It only fires around 12 consecutive shots. Explosive Arrow Barrage will probably also be happening. And then we'll probably have Iron Commander builds making Barrage Ballista Totems using Rain of Splinters unique jewel and corrupted quivers as a damage booster. And on top of that there is good old Dying Sun unique flask with +50% flask effect for +3 projectiles. Hiero+Deadeye Scion will probably pick up some value for Iron Commander Builds.

tri curse is cool when you can utilize extra chaos dmg which... isnt that hot if you deal only chaos.
It's also better if you are playing as melee, since Punishment is the one curse that doesn't give a fuck about lowered curse effect or curse-immune bosses. As long as you put some duration on that thing you're good. Real Occultist insanity is to keep spamming as many curses as possible. As long as you use Doedre's Skin you can get out +6 curses easily, which is also +48% of non-chaos damage added as chaos. If you want to be really outrageous with Occultist, you can apply 14 curses simultaneously and get 112% of non-chaos damage added as chaos. So Occultist isn't weak by any measure. It's just underrated.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
thx kiwi
50zm5c1naz341.jpg

Absinthe

Arcane
I see they nerfed Elemental Hit for no good reason. I'm guessing the problem was those 100% fire EHit builds, but instead of addressing the conversion builds they just nerfed the skill's damage. Definitely not recommending it EE EHit anymore. EHit was a tricky skill to get good damage out of in the first place, and now the damage is even worse.

im fairly certain that T. Reich saw the light and is thinking ssf. He got his sights on animu waifu and isnt thinking with his brain
Minion builds are still the easiest way to do SSF I reckon. You can also just obsessively spam Spark and use Blasphemy with Projectile Weakness to ensure everything inside your aura (get Leadership notable and/or increased AoE) is auto-pierced. The build's damage varies depending on how many walls there are to bounce your shit off of, though. Lightning Arrow is also an old-school skill that clears packs with dramatic ease, provided you have a few extra projectiles. All you need is a corrupted quiver of +1 arrow and a deadeye scion/ranger while you multihit through packs with ease.

Last edited:

T. Reich

Arcane
It's also better if you are playing as melee, since Punishment is the one curse that doesn't give a fuck about lowered curse effect or curse-immune bosses. As long as you put some duration on that thing you're good. Real Occultist insanity is to keep spamming as many curses as possible. As long as you use Doedre's Skin you can get out +6 curses easily, which is also +48% of non-chaos damage added as chaos. If you want to be really outrageous with Occultist, you can apply 14 curses simultaneously and get 112% of non-chaos damage added as chaos. So Occultist isn't weak by any measure. It's just underrated.
im fairly certain that T. Reich saw the light and is thinking ssf. He got his sights on animu waifu and isnt thinking with his brain

You must be jokan. CA got buffed! I'm supa defo going as CA culty now, just as planned.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Prestigious codexers, how to learn his game? Whenever i follow any build guide, i won't achieve the same results as promised by build maker. Build says that its easy to clear tier 15-16 maps and kill shaper, yet i can't progress past tier 5-6 maps. I get similar gear, similar skills, yet something isn't working. Are these "minute"/small changes between the perfect gear and my gear a problem? I want to return to this game, since i've invested some monies into it[60 usd] and wouldn't want it to go to waste, and also i like hack and slash games. Any good guide on damage stacking, and overall a good newbie guide on how to build builds? I've used PoB and took nodes that gave most damage[you can switch to damage/hp mode, brighter nodes give more damage] yet i can't achieve these insane 500-1 mil damages.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
yet i can't progress past tier 5-6 maps.
low map pool or enemies being too strong?

Obviously enemies being too strong. Resistances are ok its just i dont kill them in one or two hits.Oh and i have problem killing maps bosses.
you will have to share build and difference you made. Any chance you did your builds post nerfs?

Im not playing atm, its just that every build i try it doesnt have the outcome as it should. Sure, i dont get the six links, but five links, but that last link shouldnt make such big difference like jumping from 30k damage to million xd

abija

Prophet
Use path of building to compare your char and the build you follow, check the calcs carefully. Also, titles like that are usually pure clickbait.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom