Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Farewell into the night

Why they bringing back Mnsc? It makes no sense.

Cael

Arcane
One, additional comment as to the comic. Next issue Minsc is travelling to Candlekeep. I will be very, very surprised if no mention of CHARNAME (or Abdel... or Imoen) is made then, since so far the comic seems to follow the plot motifs of Descent into Avernus/Baldur's Gate III.

Was also reading the epilogues for Throne of Bhaal, and couldn't help but notice that Viconia's (Romanced) epilogue says that CHARNAME had a son with her, and that his tale "is a different story". How about it, Sven? :D Hell, even the Aerie ending has CHARNAME spawn several children...
Next you'd be telling us how the Rasaad romance has spawns by the dozen and is a possible plot point :lol::lol::lol:

Cael

Arcane
One, additional comment as to the comic. Next issue Minsc is travelling to Candlekeep. I will be very, very surprised if no mention of CHARNAME (or Abdel... or Imoen) is made then, since so far the comic seems to follow the plot motifs of Descent into Avernus/Baldur's Gate III.

Was also reading the epilogues for Throne of Bhaal, and couldn't help but notice that Viconia's (Romanced) epilogue says that CHARNAME had a son with her, and that his tale "is a different story". How about it, Sven? :D Hell, even the Aerie ending has CHARNAME spawn several children...
Next you'd be telling us how the Rasaad romance has spawns by the dozen and is a possible plot point :lol::lol::lol:

CHARNAME is canonically male.
Abdel is something that woke of the coast is trying very hard to forget.

Readher

Savant

It's an unannounced UE4 project by Tuque Games.

We're developing a brand-new game based in the widely celebrated, enduring, and immensely popular Dungeons & Dragons universe. This yet to be announced title is steepled in classic D&D lore. We aspire to push this game to new heights for the genre. It’s an honour and a privilege to begin a new chapter for Dungeons & Dragons video games.

https://www.tuquegames.com/games/game-2

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Not during the holidays, that's for sure. Why did they announce it so soon? Were they forced by the Stadia people or something?

Delterius

Arcane

he's also canonically retarded

Thonius

Arcane
The game will be shit here's why - Wizards of the coast will meddle into production, stadia people too, and Seen with his "genius" creativity, plus possible publisher too.
Imagine retarded CEO's assembling meetings to decide what players expect from this game. Oof.
I'm just gonna preemptively shit on this game to avoid future disappointment.

Delterius

Arcane

he's also canonically retarded

Your contribution to the discussion has been noted, and shall be treated accordingly to its quality.
its true, abdel adrian is retarded

Atchodas

Augur
You autists should be happy Larian are not rushing BG3, making proper game takes time, and Swen mentioned numerous times that they always fail to meet deadlines so this time they are gonna take their time to make quality product.

GloomFrost

Arcane
You autists should be happy Larian are not rushing BG3, making proper game takes time, and Swen mentioned numerous times that they always fail to meet deadlines so this time they are gonna take their time to make quality product.
There is a huge difference between "rushing" a game and not providing ANY information months after announcement.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Not providing anything does indeed seem weird. Ok, I get that they are trying to hide the combat system for as long as possible to avoid the inevitable shitstorm, but they could post concept art for mundane, non-spoilery creatures or, pfff, I don't know, talk about BG1 and 2.

Now that I mentioned BG1 and 2, do you think they've actually played those recently? I have a niggling doubt they haven't.

Thonius

Arcane
Don't know why you're so disappointed. As I've stated earlier, and probably others before me, it's rather obvious that the announcement was immensely rushed due to Google's paycheck, and originally Baldur's Gate III would've been announced around this time, when it's prequel stories are being released as an adventure module and comic series.
Yeah and that just reinforces my Idea about 3+CEO's and some other suits just sitting there and declaring: " This game needs monkeys! Our focus group showed that it need monkeys! Also trap music... it's quite hip with young crowds!" while Swen rolls on the floor in jester costume mumbling something about random loot and cheese.

Atchodas

Augur
They are not providing anything because :

Does not matter what they will provide it will cause massive butthurt among the retards that consider themselves prestigious veterans when they only have played BG once on normal to read the story.

First gameplay reveal for BG3 will be something massive like they did with D:OS2 Swen was like "oh yeh you can play this Undead race who can only be healed by poisons however you will need to mask yourself to talk with other NPC's you will just need this Magical mask to rip the face of this elf " at that point does not matter what some butthurt retard thinks as masses are already convinced the game will be epic.

Thonius

Arcane
Wow you're so smart and always right. And follow the masses because masses never wrong, right? You're epic and I want to be like you. Also DOS2 is so Epic and undead race is so relevant in DOS2, and adds so many mechanics wow, so cool! Very massive indeed and totaly not a useless gimmick.

Lacrymas

Arcane
The thing with the combat system is that they can't win and they know it. If they go RTwP, their current fans will brew up a shitstorm for not being TB, if it's TB the older (not very bright) fans will brew up a shitstorm for it not being RTwP, and if they go with something like Twitcher or DA:I (which they will), every one of the old fans will brew up a shitstorm. That's why the best decision from their perspective is hiding it for just before release to get that sweet pre-order money and release-week sales before the entire internet is aflame.

Last edited:

Theldaran

Liturgist
See, all it needs is that CHARNAME was a woman canonically (like Revan).

Still that wouldn't bar her from having children with Viconia or Aerie through just... "a wizard did it" (like an actual wizard). I know that those girls were hetero, but that's what retcon is for, ain't it?

I think that, since the games had blank protagonist and no mention of Abdel was made in them, they could alter canon. In fact, the canon of the BG novels is weak, shitty, and retarded. Why not change it?

Xeon

Augur
Probably only a small percentage of people will get upset for for the reveal of BG3's gameplay. either way pretty sure the majority of the people will be looking forward to it if it looks good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom