Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Thread - Director's Cut

index.php

Arcane
Wasteland 1 is also free:
D6p6flo.png

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Yeah, the balance is kind of screwy. You can get a piece of light armor late game that has AC 9, iirc. Max armor class is AC10.

It still amazes me that California hasn't been balanced. Like, they changed Energy Weapons to work on conductive armor, but in California hardly anyone has the conductive trait. Like, did the devs forget? In the base game EW were useful in Cali because it just requires high AC, but in director's cut they are nearly useless.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's "OK". Not bad not anything special. Has a couple of twists and turns but you'll most probably expect them.
It does have a nice "impending doom" vibe going for it though

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Ok, so an update on my 4 man supreme jerk run.

Had cha and int 10 on all 4, raised speed to 8, then rest into awareness. Perked disparanumerophobia. Radioed for field promotions every 2 levels to avoid the malus. Specced all 4 into AR and energy weapons.
At this point im lvl 48 and just clearing the Samsons Gauntlet. I did NOT farm encounters for xp -the xp gain from 10 cha and 5 skill points each lvl on all toons is insane.
A lot of fun! :)

Gregz

Arcane

Had cha and int 10 on all 4, raised speed to 8, then rest into awareness. Perked disparanumerophobia. Radioed for field promotions every 2 levels to avoid the malus. Specced all 4 into AR and energy weapons.
At this point im lvl 48 and just clearing the Samsons Gauntlet. I did NOT farm encounters for xp -the xp gain from 10 cha and 5 skill points each lvl on all toons is insane.

Very cool, I'm tempted to build a team exactly like this for my 2nd run.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet

At this point id even go for smg/sniper on all 4, the dmg is insane

Gregz

Arcane

Why two ranged weapon skills, to pool ammo?

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Also, after leaving ranger citadel on start i went for the shrines first in clockwork direction + abandoned railway (robot sidekick there can clear the map for you - i kill him after he nukes other robots).
5 shrines plus abandoned railway puts you to lvl 8 before even going highpool/ag

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet

Why two ranged weapon skills, to pool ammo?

Sniper for alpha strike, smg for mid/close i personally dislike melee weapons.
Tbh solo smg would work too!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom