Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The PS5 and Xbox 2 thread - it's happening

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The current consoles do have 8 cores I believe.

They do not have hyper threading and clocks are 1.8ghz + the IPC from 8 years ago make them that much slower, it's no contest really, the new CPUs are 7 times faster.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
They do not have hyper threading and clocks are 1.8ghz + the IPC from 8 years ago make them that much slower, it's no contest really, the new CPUs are 7 times faster.

Yes, I know. Read the whole post next time, since the point of it is the new ones having more threads could have an effect on what's needed on PC.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I will tell you what's needed on PC, a NASA computer as PS5/Anaconda will slay whatever setup you currently have, prepare to drop 2000$ on your new PC to reach ps5 for 500$

DemonKing

Arcane
New SexBox:

PYef2zB.jpg

Reminds me of:

the-internet-the-it-crowd-27191791-500-230.gif

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
What the. f. They used one of Alan Watts speaches as a narrator for the trailer (Alan Watts was a philosopher)

Ok these are some good graphics, we have reached real time CGI.

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Also 12 Tflops RDNA is confirmed by Phil Spencer (Series X has 2 times powerfull GPU tha xbone x). Which gives it effective power of 16 Tflops GCN, which is 2080 Super levels.

bat_boro

Arcane
So what are you saying, will we have $200000 PC equivalent in a $400 box?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I've been saying this since day 1 of this thread 2 years ago, and now it's confirmed, it's basic math of computer technology if you can add 1+1

tritosine2k

Erudite
The elephant in the room is pathfinding anyway (pun intended) , there was useful excuse of weak cpu last time, so baked 2d navmesh were in order, and obviously online shooters are mostly a yuge thing now because broke realtime navigation in "AAA" and no replayability or skirmish / mission planning whatsoever.

abija

Prophet
You need to pay more attention. His words were: "captured IN ENGINE". That means about 0.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
You need to pay more attention. His words were: "captured IN ENGINE". That means about 0.

In engine means they used the in-game graphics engine, so while they have not showed any gameplay, they showed how the game will look when you will play it.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Yeah, downgrades never happen.

Besides, isn't this game an elaborate walking simulator ? Games like that are able to pull elaborate graphics because nothing much is actually happening. That's how Shenmue did it already back then on Dreamcast.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
in-game graphics engine
Yet that doesn't mean a thing, since they can just flat out lie and use better textures, higher polygon models and render 20 times more grass than you will see in the final release and make the render on a multi-Titan workstation and it will still be "captured in engine".

Whipped Cream

Savant
Patron
- It has a horrible name. Literally the worst name that Microsoft has ever came up with, which is quite an achievement.
- Its ugly. Meme-level ugly.
- No concrete specs, which is reasonable since launch is still a year away, but why even bother doing an announcement like this then? With no real specs to discuss the end result is that people are going to be memeing more about it being ugly and having a stupid name.
- "Captured in-engine". Notice the lack of "real time". That sentence means nothing.
- The "Series" part of the name and the large size heavily suggests that the Lockhart is real.

Jesus Christ Microsoft, I don't even...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom