Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News THQ Nordic want to remake Gothic, playable teaser released to owners of previous Piranha Bytes games

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
They may have been scavengers, hard to say.

Combat is clunky and it was dark and hard to see anything but the blocking system seemed to work.

The scavengers eat you and then saved by Diego! More like Dieg-bro.

ugh that chromatic filter

98I6e1b.jpg

yfaxwnv.jpg

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Yeah, seems like decline. The updated graphics aren't even that good, the combat could be interesting but all the other changes are stupid. Cutscenes galore, changed areas and layouts, muh action-packed tutorial intro, etc.

Could be fixed by release but this is not how you get old school fans hyped about your game.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Gave up at the snapper fight, runs like complete shit on my machine. Out of the 10 minutes I played 2 of them were agency and the rest was cinematics with "ROIGHT MATE" running his mouth the entire fucking time.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Yeah EVERY conversation is a cutscene, everyone talks super slow, and none of the dialogue is skippable.

It ran fine on my RTX 2070 but it still looks crummy in a lot of ways. Chromatic aberration, over use of blur and depth of field, frigging lensflares, wonky lighting and filters (blood looks neon magenta).

Jinn

Arcane
Looks really bad from everything I've seen in this thread. Please just leave Gothic alone if you can't find people able to pull it off well.

Sinatar

Arbiter
Diego specifically talks about the swamp camp in his 6 hour long diatribe. I get why you'd miss it because it's so fucking long and boring.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Fucking PB... why did they have to go and sell out. Just do a Kickstarter or something and fund your own Gothic games. And why the fuck would you acquire the Gothic IP and assign some random studio in Spain the task of reviving the franchise when you have PB?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Gothic 1 looked better than this. Raw graphical fidelity is not everything, that game had good atmosphere created by the outlandish setting crafted by real artists. This looks like another generic fantasy game that could be anything at all. Might as well be a sequel to Arcania.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom