Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Gothic remake from THQ Nordic

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
QEIPeBb.jpg

Stopped playing right here. Good grief.
tenor.gif

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
QEIPeBb.jpg

Stopped playing right here. Good grief.
tenor.gif

Yeah, I specifically made a comment about using current-day shitty memes in dialogue of a medieval game. To an extent I might be able to overlook a lot of the horrendous flaws but I doubt they are going to change the degenerate QTE combat system. And combat is at the core of Gothic games.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
combat is at the core of Gothic games.

The world is the core, but yes, combat is one of the most important pillars in making the world feel like a living breathing world . They can fix everything. Take out this BS memes, take out the ultra heroic starting cutscenes, make the new MC like the old MC, if i a wolf can survive be impaled by 20 crossbow bolts and you need to spend 50 minutes fighting every pack of wolves in the world and feel no danger because you can insta teleport food/health potions into my belly, the game will suck.

Morkar Left

This reimagination of G1 is like JJs new Star Wars or the Ghostbusters girly movie. Absolutely no understanding of what made the originals good and unique. It's like they don't get it at all.

JDR13

Arcane
I doubt that combat system is going to remain if they go ahead with the remake. Thankfully, the reaction to it has been overwhelmingly negative from what I've seen.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The combat is awful, and so is the dialogue system. Outside of that, I didn't think it was completely terrible.
You forgot the terrible intro rather than being just dropped into the Colony and allowed to explore from the get-go. The cringe-worthy writing. The 'bunny-hop' jumping versus ability to properly climb. Invisible walls. Flags on loot on the ground.

Should I go on?

jf8350143

Liturgist
So does it has a character creation system?

Also from the picture of its steam page the dialogue system is completely shit.
ss_d2f6e69cbdbbf9458e9d161ed8e23cedd7ceb531.1920x1080.jpg

A amazing review of the teaser

To be honest, of all the things one could complain about this demo, "it's too shiny and bright" may very well be one of the stupidest.

Anyway, I gave the demo a second run from the start. Ifi n some areas I'm somewhat willing to soft my position a bit, on two specific points I'm even more adamant in this second run:
1- The need to remove and/or make a lot of cutscene shorter (and of course skippable)
2- EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER NEEDS TO TALK A LOT LESS. And I mean like "one third of the word count, top". Holy shit, they are annoying to listen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom